Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The South

Europe Gladio

:D Don't worry, I won't bash southern culture but I am simply comparing it to Celtic culture. The reason I am making that distinction is because both cultures seem separatist(Union and Confederacy, England and Scotland/Wales/Ireland). The southern accent sounds rather similar to a Scottish accent. The Scottish and rebel flags look similar to each other. The banjo and mandolin sound and play similarly. Isn't it true that the majority of white southerners have Celtic ancestry?

The original European settlers of the Appalachian Mountains were all Celtic from Scotland, and they took their culture, customs, and accents with them when they came here. Those mountains and the ones in Scotland are basically exactly the same in every way, so they moved in and lived the way they always had before. For a lot of years, the Scottish living in the Appalachian mountains were pretty much isolated from settlers in all other parts of the country then eventually spread west only when everyone else did and started encroaching on where they were. So you are correct, basically a huge amount of Southern culture is directly descendant from the Celtics who came here and lived like they were still in Scotland.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back