Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Should I start yoga or not?

Νίκος

I have read posts from all of you guys saying how you feel after yoga and I would like to feel such feelings!But since I am a teen I have some obstacles that have stoped me!
1) I live with my xian parents so there is a risk that they will find it out and who knows how they will react?
2)I am going to school so except from the weekends I have to wake at least 7:30 something that I do not do on weekends
3)I have read that it has to be done every day so what if I go three or four days schooltrip?I do not think that those exercises can be done as Silent meditations!
4)There are many repetitions of the exercises that have to be done !So if I can not do less the problems that I wrote upwards will force me not do them.

Has anyone there a good piece of advise to share with me !I would really appreciate any advise you will give me !

Yoga can be just be seen as a physical exercise, who cares if someone sees you doing it.

Aquarius said:
Yoga can be just be seen as a physical exercise, who cares if someone sees you doing it.
Some people cannot understand that!Some xian people think it Is Satanic and cannot accept it!Others people think that it is ridiculous and start laughing :(

Νίκος said:
Aquarius said:
Some people cannot understand that!Some xian people think it Is Satanic and cannot accept it!Others people think that it is ridiculous and start laughing :(
Who cares.. what cares is that you are happy, do not hide your true self just to be able to stay with morons, be yourself:) and sometimes you just have to tell people to fuck off.. though do it in accordance to your situation.

People judging you is NOT an excuse to not do something that benefits you greatly. For those close to you you can just easily show them the difference between people who stretch and those that don't. Like showing a fat disgusting person with a hump on their back and a professional athlete like a Olympic gymnast who do stretching (basic yoga). Explain that being that good of an athlete you HAVE to be flexible. You can tell them that people who are flexible age slower than the people who aren't.

But at the end of the day, like I said if it's just people judging you then that's not a reasons whatsoever to not do yoga. At all.

Well, I am not a teen, but I'm posting here to try to help, as I've been doing yoga every day since june and have been on a yoga routine other times before.

First, yoga exercises can perfectly be done silently.
Sure, there are some kundalini yoga exercises that include mantras, but that's not all of them.
You can make up your own yoga routine adding only asanas/kryias that do not include vibrating mantras. Just breathe lightly and as silently as possible and no one should hear you. In fact, the breath is always supposed to be relaxed in breathing exercises, meditations and basically everything. Just the breath of fire is an exception.

Second, you can do lower repetitions. Not a problem. For example, many kundalini yoga exercises tell you to do 108 repetitions, but they also say you can start at 26 if 108 is too much.

Also, you don't necessarily need to do a whole yoga routine as suggested. You can start with less exercises. At first, I did only the first 3 kryias of the KY basic spinal energy series and only the first 6 asanas of the hatha yoga routine pdf in the JoS, then I gradually added the others when I could handle them. You should never push yourself.

And like I said, you can also make up your own yoga routine. You can study a few asanas/kryias and try them out, and include the ones you feel better with in your own routine.

Also, it's true that you have to do them every day, but that doesn't need to be necessarily at the same time every day, like in the exercises for opening the chakras. You can do your yoga exercises at different times if necessary.

Hope I was helpful.

Hail Satan!

You could try having your parents read articles like these or describe them to them. You could say: how is being healthy satanic?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-benefits-of-yoga#section2

https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/count-yoga-38-ways-yoga-keeps-fit

I understand why it's said to do yoga everyday but if you truly cannot I feel a few times a week will be helpful to start out because it will be easier to add to later. Once you are doing them you will probably want to do them everyday and will be more likely to make that happen.

Lastly if people are laughing at you it's best to show them you don't care what they think. Eventually if they sense and see that it doesn't bother you they will give up on it.

Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:
Aquarius said:
Who cares.. what cares is that you are happy, do not hide your true self just to be able to stay with morons, be yourself:) and sometimes you just have to tell people to fuck off.. though do it in accordance to your situation.

I literally wasn't allowed to do yoga in my parents house, even when I was an adult on holiday visiting them. And no, it wasn't like they said I couldn't and I passively agreed not to, it was worse than that but I don't need to get into details. Let's just say I no longer visit them.

@Nikos, maybe say you are going to bed earlier than usual at night, and then do it in your bedroom, this is what I did when I lived with my parents. Yoga is very important for opening the soul and other benefits :)

Dypet Rod said:
Well, I am not a teen, but I'm posting here to try to help, as I've been doing yoga every day since june and have been on a yoga routine other times before.

Sure, there are some kundalini yoga exercises that include mantras, but that's not all of them.
You can make up your own yoga routine adding only asanas/kryias that do not include vibrating mantras. Just breathe lightly and as silently as possible and no one should hear you. In fact, the breath is always supposed to be relaxed in breathing exercises, meditations and basically everything. Just the breath of fire is an exception.

Second, you can do lower repetitions. Not a problem. For example, many kundalini yoga exercises tell you to do 108 repetitions, but they also say you can start at 26 if 108 is too much.

Also, you don't necessarily need to do a whole yoga routine as suggested. You can start with less exercises. At first, I did only the first 3 kryias of the KY basic spinal energy series and only the first 6 asanas of the hatha yoga routine pdf in the JoS, then I gradually added the others when I could handle them. You should never push yourself.

And like I said, you can also make up your own yoga routine. You can study a few asanas/kryias and try them out, and include the ones you feel better with in your own routine.

Also, it's true that you have to do them every day, but that doesn't need to be necessarily at the same time every day, like in the exercises for opening the chakras. You can do your yoga exercises at different times if necessary.

Hope I was helpful.

Hail Satan!
You are very helpful !Thank you for this answer!f less repetitions are still effective I and I can do the exercises any time I don't think I can start!But just one more little question
What will happen if I let more than 1 day to pass for example lets say I did that on Monday , I didn't do it on Tuesday but I will do it on Thursday?Will the results lost or if I do that twice the Thursday it will be like I did that normally?

Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:
Aquarius said:
You are right !I will keep it my mind!Also thank you for answering to my topic!

hailourtruegod said:
People judging you is NOT an excuse to not do something that benefits you greatly. For those close to you you can just easily show them the difference between people who stretch and those that don't. Like showing a fat disgusting person with a hump on their back and a professional athlete like a Olympic gymnast who do stretching (basic yoga). Explain that being that good of an athlete you HAVE to be flexible. You can tell them that people who are flexible age slower than the people who aren't.

But at the end of the day, like I said if it's just people judging you then that's not a reasons whatsoever to not do yoga. At all.
Thank for your answer!you gave me a good excuse to tell to the others!I will keep it in my mind!

Νίκος said:
You are very helpful !Thank you for this answer!f less repetitions are still effective I and I can do the exercises any time I don't think I can start!But just one more little question
What will happen if I let more than 1 day to pass for example lets say I did that on Monday , I didn't do it on Tuesday but I will do it on Thursday?Will the results lost or if I do that twice the Thursday it will be like I did that normally?
Until recently I could occasionally skip a day of kundalini yoga and be fine, but if I missed a day of hatha, I felt like a train wreck the next day. I skipped a day twice one summer more than 5 years ago, and have never skipped a day since, as I felt very bad physically the next day.

Lydia said:
Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:

I literally wasn't allowed to do yoga in my parents house, even when I was an adult on holiday visiting them. And no, it wasn't like they said I couldn't and I passively agreed not to, it was worse than that but I don't need to get into details. Let's just say I no longer visit them.

@Nikos, maybe say you are going to bed earlier than usual at night, and then do it in your bedroom, this is what I did when I lived with my parents. Yoga is very important for opening the soul and other benefits :)
Wow that is pretty shitty :/ are they like super xian?

Νίκος said:
Dypet Rod said:

Hope I was helpful.

Hail Satan!

When we go one day without doing yoga at all, this is like you go back to square one, and the energy you have been building up on the previous days can easily be lost. When you are new to doing yoga, this can create an imbalance in your energies and bring about depression, so it's best to try as much as you can not to let even one day go. Even if it means that you have to do a shorter version of your yoga routine in one specific day, with less exercises. This is better than doing nothing.

As one very inspiring quote in the end of a page on the JoS says: "One who is strict with one's self rarely fails". This personally inspired me to make a point of doing yoga every single day and to make it a habit.

Aquarius said:

Nope, they've never even been to church except when they were young children. They are just very much against spirituality and things that "aren't normal" in general.

Lydia said:
Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:

Good advise!Thank you very much Lydia :) !

Tala said:
You could try having your parents read articles like these or describe them to them. You could say: how is being healthy satanic?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-benefits-of-yoga#section2

https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/count-yoga-38-ways-yoga-keeps-fit

I understand why it's said to do yoga everyday but if you truly cannot I feel a few times a week will be helpful to start out because it will be easier to add to later. Once you are doing them you will probably want to do them everyday and will be more likely to make that happen.

Lastly if people are laughing at you it's best to show them you don't care what they think. Eventually if they sense and see that it doesn't bother you they will give up on it.
I will keep in my mind those articles if something bad happen as an excuse!
About the people laughing I will try if there will be a need to do so!Thank you very much for both of your advises!!!

Dypet Rod said:
Νίκος said:
Dypet Rod said:

Hope I was helpful.

Hail Satan!

When we go one day without doing yoga at all, this is like you go back to square one, and the energy you have been building up on the previous days can easily be lost. When you are new to doing yoga, this can create an imbalance in your energies and bring about depression, so it's best to try as much as you can not to let even one day go. Even if it means that you have to do a shorter version of your yoga routine in one specific day, with less exercises. This is better than doing nothing.

As one very inspiring quote in the end of a page on the JoS says: "One who is strict with one's self rarely fails". This personally inspired me to make a point of doing yoga every single day and to make it a habit.
I see!So doing less exercises is better than none.Thank you very much !

Lydia said:
Νίκος said:
Until recently I could occasionally skip a day of kundalini yoga and be fine, but if I missed a day of hatha, I felt like a train wreck the next day. I skipped a day twice one summer more than 5 years ago, and have never skipped a day since, as I felt very bad physically the next day.
So it is really important to do yoga every day.I will make sure to keep it in my
mind !Thank you for sharing it with me!

Νίκος said:
hailourtruegod said:

Thank for your answer!you gave me a good excuse to tell to the others!I will keep it in my mind!

I wanted to add after seeing Lydia's post that I was only giving advice in the case if you are allowed to do yoga. She has a point if someone can't do it because they aren't allowed to. In case that wasn't clear then I just to wanted to clear it up.

Also, no problem bro. :)

Lydia said:
Aquarius said:

Nope, they've never even been to church except when they were young children. They are just very much against spirituality and things that "aren't normal" in general.
wow, that's odd.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back