Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Spotting an afflicted or debilitated jupiter

Shadowcat

Special thanks to Blackdragon666 for his collaboration!

The planet of Jupiter rules philosophy, higher education, and long-distance travel. It is the planet of our display of benevolence, sense of justice, generosity, luck, and abundance. It is directly connected with our happiness, our domestic pets, expansion, and growth in all facets, whether in body, in a business, or just wanting a big living space. It rules, Horses, the outdoors and the law, and how we interact with the law and vice versa. If well placed, it helps us with timing and being in the right place at the right time. Jupiter rules the crown chakra. It is one of the most important planets for fun, lucky breaks, and good times. When this planet is afflicted or weakened the above things may not manifest so nicely, or not at all.

If Jupiter is your chart ruler and is aspected by someone's Saturn, This person may at worst be someone who frames you for a crime you didn't commit out of hate or spite, or revenge, which can ruin your life. They could end up being a police officer who brutalizes you or treats you unfairly, especially if your Jupiter is generally afflicted and or with Capricorn on the descendant. They may be someone who proves to be a danger to you as a result of meeting them on a long trip and or end up being someone who greatly hinders your optimism or sense of fun. These people can make you feel skeptical and pessimistic about them and bring out the worst in you, and they may also make you feel intellectually inferior and affect your self-esteem as far as knowledge. They may be a hindrance to your higher education or someone who even proves to be an obstacle for financing such or at least ruins your experience with it to some degree. This could be a person who steals your intellectual property and even tries to use it against you.

General sings of Affliction or debilitation with Jupiter: Jupiter is generally weakened in the sign of Gemini and Virgo, and even more so significantly by Capricorn, as the nature of this sign is the opposite of fun and expansion but of duty, and restriction. Saturn and Neptune can weaken Jupiter, while Jupiter just shoots itself in the foot basically by amplifying Saturn and Neptune, whose influences by nature negate the affairs of Jupiter. There may be problems with the Law, and even unjust convictions, especially if Saturn Conjuncts Jupiter in the 7th house. Capricorn's emphasis may go hand in hand with Jupiter's sense of justice, But the seriousness of this Saturnian nature will debilitate one's ability to lighten up and have fun and can make someone overly pessimistic. If there is Capricorn emphasis even with Jupiter in Cancer, this can also have an effect to an extent, especially with a prominent Saturn or a Capricorn stellium.

One may have a hard time having a sense of fun. Virgo's emphasis or aspects from Virgo planets to Jupiter can be amplified, which also negates Jupiter's sense of lighthearted fun, as Virgo is also a sign of duty and service that can also be quite critical and naggy. Hard luck throughout life may be an issue, as well as attracting benevolent intent from others or their help. In some cases, If the Moon or Neptune are in placements for irrational fears, such as the 12th house, or aspected by Saturn, this may cause a fear of long-distance travel, especially flying or by boat. There may be problems with long-distance travel in general or a longing for it that is never fulfilled due to restrictions that come from Saturn, or other problems with hard luck and money, or just problems on every trip. Jupiter is actually the only planet that fairs very well in the 12th house, promoting psychic ability, aside from promoting problems with keeping secrets. With proper meditation and workings and conscientiousness, this can be sublimated. Problems with never being able to save up money or never having an abundance of something may be issues throughout life.

Poverty can be common, especially with Saturn in the 8th house, being even worse with this placement being aspected by Jupiter, or if Venus is in aspect to Saturn. One may be far from help or constantly encountering people refusing to help or not caring. Jupiter amplifies whatever planet it aspects for good or worse. If this planet is afflicted, it can amplify the manifestations of affliction, or if the planet is weak in general, Jupiter can help offset this, or amplify the weakness the planet exhibits even, depending on other factors in the chart for this planet and also Jupiter. The Houses with Sagittarius and Pisces on the cusp may have issues. There may be an aversion to the outdoors or fear or dislike of horses. In a worst-case scenario, if Jupiter or Mars is in Aries or if Jupiter is aspected by mars, Someone can end up being kicked or stepped on by a horse which can have catastrophic consequences. This could manifest as a person who finds everything about bugs, nature, and the outdoors icky or just gross and inconvenient. This person may either be completely intellectually dull on a higher level or even a pseudo-intellectual. The same goes for bad manifestations with mercury.

Physical manifestations of affliction or debilitation of Jupiter:
Weight gain can be an issue, especially when aspecting Venus, particularly in the thighs and buttocks area if it is in Sagittarius, or if there are otherwise Sagittarius placements in the chart, as Sagittarius rules the buttocks and thighs. This can occur even without much emphasis, especially when Jupiter is in its home or exalted signs, being Sagittarius, Pisces and Cancer. This may be a childhood problem with “baby fat” or can last throughout life. As Jupiter rules the pancreas and liver, Diabetes and things like insulin resistance can exacerbate and even be the cause of weight gain, especially if Jupiter is at 6 degrees in Cancer, or any other Cardinal sign.

Liver cancer, cirrhosis, hepatitis, and other liver problems can occur, especially if there are other factors from bad degrees or fixed stars that support addiction with Neptune or with Jupiter or Venus on these stars or bad degrees. Especially if the sun is also afflicted, there can be blood clots or other issues with a poor circulation that things like diabetes also make worse in the first place. If there are aspects to Mars and Saturn this can also cause trauma or accidents that damage the hips or break them, whether Jupiter aspects one or both of these planets or if they aspect one another. Arthritis may also occur in the hips as a result of overuse or constant over-extension, which can also come from aspecting Neptune, or Neptune even aspecting Saturn, causing bones to be generally weak or more Breakable. Any aspect to Venus can also cause minor cosmetic annoyances with the skin surrounding the hips or other areas of the body for that matter like stretchmarks, which is often accompanied by the weight issue this aspect brings anyway.

Psychological and environmental manifestations of an afflicted or debilitated Jupiter:
On the flip side of weight gain, the lack of abundance a weak or afflicted Jupiter may cause is underweight in extreme cases due to poverty and not even being able to buy adequate or proper food. The stress that results in constant bad luck and not wanting to eat because of this can also happen and affect the person's health considerably. They may resort to all sorts of bad habits to cope, which can in turn manifest in some of the physical illnesses and problems that can come from Jupiter being badly or problematically placed. Overeating as well as under-eating, and addictions can be huge issues.

Pessimism may be common either from constant hard luck in life, or just general predispositions from the chart if Jupiter is weak or crowded out. These people may never have had a lot of fun or surprises in life and feel like they never get a break. If Jupiter is in Virgo, and other factors in the chart support, they may have issues where they are in constant service to others who never have their best interests at heart, and may even end up swindling them or kicking them down. Their money problems or debt can have collectors or even the IRS, or the law after them creating even more restrictions to live a normal life, but one of constant scarcity. One may either love or hate the outdoors. The ones who love it may be constantly deprived of being near nature or outside because of living in overcrowded cities or crappy slums as a result of not being able to pay for anything else. The highlights of an afflicted Jupiter or one that is weak are scarcity, anxiety, and stress over this, pessimism, and constant or at least annoying periodical bouts of bad or really hard luck.

Jupiter squares can certainly help with luck and abundance issues as well as strengthening the crown chakra. A runic working may also be done and might be better if Jupiter is prominent but afflicted, (as with any planet) along with working to remove negative karma such as munka or the ansuz rune. Such as working with fehu for money or othala for purchasing a decent place to live along with gathering the resources for such. Pyrite and citrine work great with Fehu, and petrified wood with othala. Turquoise and sapphire are also connected to Jupiter and can be used in workings of the mind for intellectual pursuits with mannaz, or also with workings for luck and abundance.

Shadowcat said:
Physical manifestations of affliction or debilitation of Jupiter:[/b] Weight gain can be an issue, especially when aspecting Venus, particularly in the thighs and buttocks area if it is in Sagittarius, or if there are otherwise Sagittarius placements in the chart, as Sagittarius rules the buttocks and thighs. This can occur even without much emphasis, especially when Jupiter is in its home or exalted signs, being Sagittarius, Pisces and Cancer. This may be a childhood problem with “baby fat” or can last throughout life. As Jupiter rules the pancreas and liver, Diabetes and things like insulin resistance can exacerbate and even be the cause of weight gain, especially if Jupiter is at 6 degrees in Cancer, or any other Cardinal sign.
There is one thing I've never understood.
My Jupiter in the first house suggests that I put on weight easily. Plus it has aspects with 6 planets including Saturn Neptune and Venus. How is it then that I have never had a problem with weight gain? ( I mean being overweight).
In fact, since childhood I have always been thin, and in the past underweight. In general, even now I seem to struggle to put on weight.

And not just the weight, the whole physical description part. "Jupiter in the first house often gives a large body in the same way, such as large bones, height, and often a tendency to put on weight easily."
Certainly not large indeed, the bones are normal, the height is average, and the weight already mentioned above.

Could it be because it is not in its sign domicile or exaltation? So it is not where it should be and its energies affect the chart differently? Or maybe because of the large number of aspects that bring many different energies into play?

Also is it normal to have planets that have a lot of aspects? (by this I mean exclusively aspects with other planets, not counting with the angles one etc.) My Jupiter has 6 aspects, Saturn 6, Moon 5, Uranus 6. I mean is this something that happens a lot in people's birth charts?
It seems to me that so many aspects makes it difficult for me to read the chart.

TheAbyss said:
Shadowcat said:
Physical manifestations of affliction or debilitation of Jupiter:[/b] Weight gain can be an issue, especially when aspecting Venus, particularly in the thighs and buttocks area if it is in Sagittarius, or if there are otherwise Sagittarius placements in the chart, as Sagittarius rules the buttocks and thighs. This can occur even without much emphasis, especially when Jupiter is in its home or exalted signs, being Sagittarius, Pisces and Cancer. This may be a childhood problem with “baby fat” or can last throughout life. As Jupiter rules the pancreas and liver, Diabetes and things like insulin resistance can exacerbate and even be the cause of weight gain, especially if Jupiter is at 6 degrees in Cancer, or any other Cardinal sign.
My Jupiter in the first house suggests that I put on weight easily. Plus it has aspects with 6 planets including Saturn Neptune and Venus. How is it then that I have never had a problem with weight gain? ( I mean being overweight).
In fact, since childhood I have always been thin, and in the past underweight. In general, even now I seem to struggle to put on weight.

And not just the weight, the whole physical description part. "Jupiter in the first house often gives a large body in the same way, such as large bones, height, and often a tendency to put on weight easily."
Certainly not large indeed, the bones are normal, the height is average, and the weight already mentioned above.

Could it be because it is not in its sign domicile or exaltation? So it is not where it should be and its energies affect the chart differently? Or maybe because of the large number of aspects that bring many different energies into play?

Also is it normal to have planets that have a lot of aspects? (by this I mean exclusively aspects with other planets, not counting with the angles one etc.) My Jupiter has 6 aspects, Saturn 6, Moon 5, Uranus 6. I mean is this something that happens a lot in people's birth charts?
It seems to me that so many aspects makes it difficult for me to read the chart.

My Jupiter in the first house suggests that I put on weight easily.
It typically would, especially if you lack air and or fire. Like anything, this can be amplified or weakened depending on other factors in the chart. The way every placement is described in the JOS astrology section is the nature of this aspect or placement on its own without influence or hindrance.

Indeed, here is the problem,
including Saturn Neptune
as well as this also combining together.
Could it be because it is not in its sign domicile or exaltation?
at least a problem in this case, as you mention underweight and want to gain weight. Saturn and Neptune weaken, and Jupiter amplifies. In this case, Jupiter is also amplifying the malefic affairs of these two planets back onto itself here. If you have a lot of air in your chart and fire, it makes sense why you have difficulty gaining weight, and it has also manifested in a smaller bone and body structure overall, than a typical 1st house Jupiter as a result. This is a manifestation of the Saturn and Neptune aspects. I would do a freeing of the soul to remove Karma from Saturn and Neptune first, before trying out Maybe a sun, and Jupiter square. You mentioned Jupiter has 6 aspects, so if one of these planets is Mars, Make sure to cancel out any negative Karma from mars also to be safe first, and make sure you don't take any crazy risks.

On the dietary side, generally consuming more than you burn helps put on weight. Blitzkrieg is awesome with TCM and could give you a much better rundown of the proper foods for your specific body type.

A large number of aspects bring different energies into play and they must be blended to interpret how the affairs of a planet will manifest in your chart. It is perfectly normal to have a lot of aspects, and some people have some planets with little to no aspects. It looks complicated at first to read but after time and meditation, this becomes easier.

Shadowcat said:
My Jupiter in the first house suggests that I put on weight easily.
It typically would, especially if you lack air and or fire.
I lack fire but I have a lot of air.
Shadowcat said:
Indeed, here is the problem,
including Saturn Neptune
as well as this also combining together.
Could it be because it is not in its sign domicile or exaltation?
at least a problem in this case, as you mention underweight and want to gain weight. Saturn and Neptune weaken, and Jupiter amplifies. In this case, Jupiter is also amplifying the malefic affairs of these two planets back onto itself here.
I think this is unfortunately the case. :(
If I'm not mistaken you also wrote in one of the posts that Jupiter can amplify malefic traits and I was reflecting on this the other day. From the way my planets are placed almost all of them are in aspect either with neptune with saturn or both, and also with mars. And Jupiter got all three. At least the orbs aren't tight though, if that helps.

Shadowcat said:
On the dietary side, generally consuming more than you burn helps put on weight. Blitzkrieg is awesome with TCM and could give you a much better rundown of the proper foods for your specific body type.
Thanks for the replies, now it's clear why. Mine was more of an understanding part of the problem, as far as weight is concerned I'm actually in decent shape right now as I've been working on it for a while and in the last year I've almost put on 20 pounds clean with the right diet and training. In the coming months I want to push myself further and see how difficult it is for me to put on more weight. And to see how much my Jupiter is holding me back or not.
Shadowcat said:
Blitzkrieg is awesome with TCM and could give you a much better rundown of the proper foods for your specific body type.
This actually looks interesting to me, I will take it into consideration.

Shadowcat said:
... I would do a freeing of the soul to remove Karma from Saturn and Neptune first, before trying out Maybe a sun, and Jupiter square. ...

You mentioned Jupiter has 6 aspects, so if one of these planets is Mars, Make sure to cancel out any negative Karma from mars also to be safe first, and make sure you don't take any crazy risks.
mh I had made a few squares of Jupiter until some time ago until it was in a favourable sign, to enhance positive traits, to attract money and to increase my good luck in general.

Shadowcat reading your posts made me realise that I still have a lot of work to do on negative karma. :roll:
I recently used Munka to get rid of Venus negative karma, soon I better focus on Saturn and then Mars and Neptune.

Thanks for all the advice.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back