Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?

StraitShot47

Or is beautiful just beautiful?

I use to think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but now I'm starting to rethink that. I was wondering what you all think.

Beauty comes in many forms and can be quite abstract - think of a creature that looks frightening but has fascinating lines with its form flowing in eccentric manners building a kind of "morbid" statue. On the other hand imagine a well proportioned fair and powerful "humanoid" of either sex which pleases the senses in a more positive, soothing manner. Both are in their own way appealing.

What I, and this is of course only MY oppinion, have witnessed though, is that beauty in itself(besides "dark" or "light") has an intrinsic quality of worth that can be felt/sensed.

If somebody wants to "sell you on something/someone" looking beautiful in its own right - feel inside yourself if you sense disgust or approval... and go with this verdict. I have the theory that our genes and energies either accept or dismiss something based on possible nurture or danger.

I think both perspectives are true. Maybe there is a standard universal interval that defines beauty for a certain person or object that most would agree on while you can also see the aspects that you yourself consider beautiful. Something like objective and subjective I think...

To answer that, I think one needs to answer "Is there no accounting for taste?" first. "Each to their own", "Horses for courses", etc.

HP Mageson666 said:
The universal standard of beauty is in symmetry.
A nice balance, you say? A balanced Soul; balanced Chakras. Such literal metaphors/poetry!

HP Mageson666 said:
The universal standard of beauty is in symmetry.

Do even our body and face become symmetric when we reach godhead because we become perfect..?

StraitShot47 said:
Or is beautiful just beautiful?

I use to think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but now I'm starting to rethink that. I was wondering what you all think.

A little column A, a little column B.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back