Orbs For Sinastry

This Joy of Satan group is for discussion of and learning astrology.
For more information:

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfir ... URCAS.html
Thunder
Posts: 89

Orbs For Sinastry

Postby Thunder » Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 am

What do you guys use? 2 degrees max or the ones given by Maxine?
"For conjunctions, squares, trines and oppositions 8-9 degrees For sextiles 6 degrees For inconjuncts 5 degrees For semi-sextiles, semi-squares, sesi-squares, quintiles 1 1/2 degrees."

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 856
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: Orbs For Sinastry

Postby Lydia » Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Depends on which synastry you mean. Every single chart I've seen, with synastry from past lives (siblings; parent-child; lovers), the orb is 2 degrees. I have never personally seen charts of people who were close in past lives, with orb of more than 2. For example, a parents chart co-ruler is 2 degrees max from child's vertex, and child's AC is 2 degrees max from parent's other ruler. Or, two people who were siblings in past lives, one's vertex is conjunct (less than 1 degree) from the other's co-ruler.

For synastry to see if two people will be good friends or lovers, then use the "For conjunctions, squares, trines and oppositions 8-9 degrees For sextiles 6 degrees For inconjuncts 5 degrees For semi-sextiles, semi-squares, sesi-squares, quintiles 1 1/2 degrees."

If you mean potentially harmful synastry however, HPS Maxine mentioned to always widen the orb for Saturn, using even the entire sign, not just 10 degree orb, to be on the safe side.

Thunder
Posts: 89

Re: Orbs For Sinastry

Postby Thunder » Sun May 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Yes I was meaning sinastry to see compatibility. Isn't though 9 degrees (for conjunctions, squares, trines and opposition) a bit too much? I mean, the closer the aspect the more powerful it is, but in my opinion, over 5 degrees, it's useless, I find it to be not exclusive enough.

As for Saturn, yes, I can really feel the difference with people who don't have it in my sign. But out of the 9-10 degrees orb it doesn't create problems, you only feel the heavyness of Saturn, with no direct effects.

Lydia could you please explain the role of the Vertex in the case of lovers/friends?

User avatar
NinRick
Posts: 422
Location: Germany

Re: Orbs For Sinastry

Postby NinRick » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Lydia wrote:Depends on which synastry you mean. Every single chart I've seen, with synastry from past lives (siblings; parent-child; lovers), the orb is 2 degrees. I have never personally seen charts of people who were close in past lives, with orb of more than 2. For example, a parents chart co-ruler is 2 degrees max from child's vertex, and child's AC is 2 degrees max from parent's other ruler. Or, two people who were siblings in past lives, one's vertex is conjunct (less than 1 degree) from the other's co-ruler.

For synastry to see if two people will be good friends or lovers, then use the "For conjunctions, squares, trines and oppositions 8-9 degrees For sextiles 6 degrees For inconjuncts 5 degrees For semi-sextiles, semi-squares, sesi-squares, quintiles 1 1/2 degrees."

If you mean potentially harmful synastry however, HPS Maxine mentioned to always widen the orb for Saturn, using even the entire sign, not just 10 degree orb, to be on the safe side.


Sorry to bring this topic up again lydia but please I want to know something.

So for synastry to see if people will be good friends or lovers you give an orb of 8-9 degrees between Planets and your vertex?
Stand tall, be proud, be strong - you are a part of Satan's House!

HAIL SATAN!
HAIL LERAJIE!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4B3u9 ... Lf8aK4fUQQ

-Obliterate your Saturn by Lydia:
viewtopic.php?p=73336#p73336

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 856
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: Orbs For Sinastry

Postby Lydia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 am

NinRick wrote:Sorry to bring this topic up again lydia but please I want to know something.

So for synastry to see if people will be good friends or lovers you give an orb of 8-9 degrees between Planets and your vertex?


No, between their planets and yours, check the last section of this page, 2/3's of the way down:
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfir ... ION-2.html

As for Vertex, to be honest, I have not had the opportunity to compare charts between people who then become friends/lovers and seen how the vertex factors in. But from what I have seen, with fated friends/lovers, vertex is generally closer. But it is not always a factor, sometimes it could be AC, or the lunar nodes, or part of fortune, or chart ruler. And it's always been conjunction or opposition.

Thunder wrote:Yes I was meaning sinastry to see compatibility. Isn't though 9 degrees (for conjunctions, squares, trines and opposition) a bit too much? I mean, the closer the aspect the more powerful it is, but in my opinion, over 5 degrees, it's useless, I find it to be not exclusive enough.

As for Saturn, yes, I can really feel the difference with people who don't have it in my sign. But out of the 9-10 degrees orb it doesn't create problems, you only feel the heavyness of Saturn, with no direct effects.

Lydia could you please explain the role of the Vertex in the case of lovers/friends?


Sorry for not noticing your post before. Up to 9 can be wide, but it still factors in. I've gone over my synastry to lots of people, and it still plays a role even if up to 9. But for real close friends/relations, it's always tighter.

As for Vertex, from what I can tell, it is merely an aspect of fate. It doesn't have it's own energy like a planet, so it's not going to have it's influence like that, it merely shows that the 2 people are linked in some way.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests