Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Candles your opinion

SATchives

Hey SS family.

I have some relatives who are starting to make candles, I might join in there business, I used to make beeswax candles myself, for when i couldn't find any high quality black candles.

they are wanting to go down the path of making soy candels, which imo are better than paraffin, just curious what kind of candles do you all look for? or that you all would be interested in, it will help me with this new website i want to build and make. I've always had a hard time finding black candles and i want to get into making and selling them, so any advice or opinions please share your thoughts with me.

on this website I would also do custom candles such as carving / adding whatever design, herb/oil a customer wanted.

thanks for everyone's valuable advice.

Hail Satan!!

I don't know anything about candles, but as a general piece of advice I'd be careful about sharing your website on here. If it's a small business that personally identifies you, then this could be a dangerous thing to do.

Take care :)

Candles that don’t make toxic smoke when extinguished and that are totally made of 1 colour only. I had black candles that would open and inside them it was of pink colour:/

SATchives said:
Hey SS family.

I have some relatives who are starting to make candles, I might join in there business, I used to make beeswax candles myself, for when i couldn't find any high quality black candles.

they are wanting to go down the path of making soy candels, which imo are better than paraffin, just curious what kind of candles do you all look for? or that you all would be interested in, it will help me with this new website i want to build and make. I've always had a hard time finding black candles and i want to get into making and selling them, so any advice or opinions please share your thoughts with me.

on this website I would also do custom candles such as carving / adding whatever design, herb/oil a customer wanted.

Hail Satan!!

Most of the soy produced is GMO..but soy candles are much better than parrafin.

With candles its best to make sure they burn clean and are of good quality i.e deep color, with the wax colored all the way through, good quality dye, etc.

Beeswax, Palm wax and Coconut wax are all great alternatives. Its best to get them from a sustainably produced source.

You can find black beeswax candles on Ebay and Etsy but its either on the rare side or alittle on the pricey side per taper candle stick.

I would be interested in purchasing black candles made of coconut or palm wax as those are pretty rare.

Many people into the occult would have interest in candles that are dressed and infused with herbs, essential oils and customary symbols engraved. There are many possibilities. The key is to do something unique that many aren't doing.

A nice blue beeswax, palm wax or coconut wax candle adorned with herbs and Satan's sigil and reasonably priced would be cool, for example.

You can also do workings or make a thoughtform to attract customers to your business.

HPS Shannon said:
SATchives said:
Hey SS family.

Hail Satan!!

With candles its best to make sure they burn clean and are of good quality i.e deep color, with the wax colored all the way through, good quality dye, etc.

Beeswax, Palm wax and Coconut wax are all great alternatives. Its best to get them from a sustainably produced source.

You can find black beeswax candles on Ebay and Etsy but its either on the rare side or alittle on the pricey side per taper candle stick.

I would be interested in purchasing black candles made of coconut or palm wax as those are pretty rare.

Many people into the occult would have interest in candles that are dressed and infused with herbs, essential oils and customary symbols engraved. There are many possibilities. The key is to do something unique that many aren't doing.

A nice blue beeswax, palm wax or coconut wax candle adorned with herbs and Satan's sigil and reasonably priced would be cool, for example.

You can also do workings or make a thoughtform to attract customers to your business.

Customization is going to be my theme, you place your order and with what customizationa you want and then I'll get back to you within 24-48 with confirmation.

like you said something unique. Just curious maybe you know more but from what I've seen from articles ive glanced at in the past isn't palm wax horrible for the environment because you get so little ratio of palm wax/ oil ratio to trees cut down I read in an article quite some time ago. I found a place online that sells beeswax decently cheap and im about to start a beehive colony in my back yard this winter hope all goes well, thanks for your input, if you've made some candles before did you have a site you bought ingredients from? I found a few decent sites but I'm gonna look harder something tells me their is a site even better I can find maybe local., I also want too experiment with natural dyes like pure biochar made from pinecones. I'll keep this thread updated with what I learn and I'll do more research on palm wax. I live in the tropics so palm trees and coconuts are everywhere might even find a place throwing the wax away.

Shael said:
I don't know anything about candles, but as a general piece of advice I'd be careful about sharing your website on here. If it's a small business that personally identifies you, then this could be a dangerous thing to do.

Take care :)
Good comment If I do make a website I'll be sure to privately host it without any whois information. I dont think etsy would be the way to go. Because I'm sure like fiverr they are jewishly owned. If I do make an etsy I won't be sharing here.

Aquarius said:
Candles that don’t make toxic smoke when extinguished and that are totally made of 1 colour only. I had black candles that would open and inside them it was of pink colour:/
Pink on the inside :shock: that's some cheap jewish bullshit

How about rose oil. I like using it as a spray sometimes on myself. I don't know much about candles but if you want message me the link to your store when you get it ready. I will purchase from you

SATchives said:
Aquarius said:
Pink on the inside :shock: that's some cheap jewish bullshit
Yes indeed.

slyscorpion said:
How about rose oil. I like using it as a spray sometimes on myself. I don't know much about candles but if you want message me the link to your store when you get it ready. I will purchase from you

You probably never used real essential/etheric rose oil.
youd have to pay 75 eur for 5 or 10 ml. Just saying, this is one of the most expensive oils out there.

SATchives said:
HPS Shannon said:
SATchives said:
Hey SS family.

Hail Satan!!

Customization is going to be my theme, you place your order and with what customizationa you want and then I'll get back to you within 24-48 with confirmation.

like you said something unique. Just curious maybe you know more but from what I've seen from articles ive glanced at in the past isn't palm wax horrible for the environment because you get so little ratio of palm wax/ oil ratio to trees cut down I read in an article quite some time ago. I found a place online that sells beeswax decently cheap and im about to start a beehive colony in my back yard this winter hope all goes well, thanks for your input, if you've made some candles before did you have a site you bought ingredients from? I found a few decent sites but I'm gonna look harder something tells me their is a site even better I can find maybe local., I also want too experiment with natural dyes like pure biochar made from pinecones. I'll keep this thread updated with what I learn and I'll do more research on palm wax. I live in the tropics so palm trees and coconuts are everywhere might even find a place throwing the wax away.

Coconut oil melts when its a certain temperature right? I bet if you blend it with beeswax (melt both) you could make rather firm/solid candles that are not too expensive, at least thats what I think.

Wish you good luck!

Larissa666 said:
You say you used to make candles from beeswax, why not continue doing so?
I do plan too, but Imade this thread to see alternatives. Personally I love the smell of beeswax

Larissa666 said:
You say you used to make candles from beeswax, why not continue doing so?

Also since it's my uncle who has everything right now it will take some persuasion to get them to do things the way I want them done. But not much, I've already talked to them and they are keen on the all natural they just are un aware of the health effects of paraffin, I plan to supply the beeswax and use their equipment they will get a percentage and it will be like that until I get all the equipment for myself and do it as a complete part time gig. Problem is time, I work two jobs I'm working as I am typing this. Buy I definitely am going to have truly SS candles up for sale before the end of this year, most likely sooner

Lunar Dance 666 said:
slyscorpion said:

You probably never used real essential/etheric rose oil.
youd have to pay 75 eur for 5 or 10 ml. Just saying, this is one of the most expensive oils out there.

This brand looks promising

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BULGARIAN-ROSE-OTTO-ESSENTIAL-OIL-100-PURE-5-Ml-BOTTLE/233194469446?hash=item364b793846:g:59EAAOSw8w1X6tHz

Like you said expensive. But you wouldn't need much maybe 10 - 20 drops per candle

This one not so much, someone said after a week the smell was gone. So sounds like diluded

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Essential-Oils-30-mL-1-oz-Pure-All-Natural-Aromatherapy-Oil/362153396854?var=631362532132&epid=1439297899&hash=item5452064a76:m:m5BNlgEclmzVmOde1_zeelg

Rose oil definitely is Interesting

Lunar Dance 666 said:
SATchives said:
HPS Shannon said:

Coconut oil melts when its a certain temperature right? I bet if you blend it with beeswax (melt both) you could make rather firm/solid candles that are not too expensive, at least thats what I think.

Wish you good luck!
From my past experiences beeswax is a bit too soft so mixing it with some natural hardening additives would be ideal, also coconutoil I dont think would be best, definitely wax. Oil is way soft.
I talked to my family they seem to want to do it all themselves, and they are without so I really going to just go all solo into this myself. I'll keep this thread updated as I go along this process

SATchives said:
From my past experiences beeswax is a bit too soft so mixing it with some natural hardening additives would be ideal, also coconutoil I dont think would be best, definitely wax. Oil is way soft.
I talked to my family they seem to want to do it all themselves, and they are without so I really going to just go all solo into this myself. I'll keep this thread updated as I go along this process

Ye true. I was thinking that you'd probably jave needed a ratio of 10gram oil on 1 or more grams beeswax..
At least this is the ratio for chapstick. And if you overdo it on the beeswax itd become unuseable. Way too solid.

Anyway you do what you think is best.
Also, I think you should still be able to ask your family about start-up tips for your business even if yours is not going to be connected to theirs.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
SATchives said:

Ye true. I was thinking that you'd probably jave needed a ratio of 10gram oil on 1 or more grams beeswax..
At least this is the ratio for chapstick. And if you overdo it on the beeswax itd become unuseable. Way too solid.

Also, I think you should still be able to ask your family about start-up tips for your business even if yours is not going to be connected to theirs.
I have some experience marketing, but they don't really want to hear it from me, they are stubborn.

i have a rough plan in my mind

get the materials, molds and equipment ect make a bunch of high quality candles, give samples to local occult shops, i live in a area where there is a lot, i'll find an audience using FB, although i hate fb for obvious reasons, its ads are an easy way to get the basic return customer to find my site, simply put ads on occultish pages, gothic clothing pages(althtough these customers may buy for decoration only not being a return customer), ect (most of the pages ive found on fb are pretty corrupted as everyone can assume, but none the less i know that some people from these groups will buy, and be return customers, i'll sell on Ebay, as there are not a lot of high quality black candels on ebay, i'll only do FB ads for about a month to group my placement on jewgle, then when i have a decent page seo rank for jewgle ill be able to have a decent flow of returning traffick. i might have this coupled with paid ads on instagram, as well as an instagram account and pinterest
page having all the candles and ingredients, in nice picture format, ofcourse i'll keep this all seperate from my IP, and my website i have a hosting service picked out that doesnt require personal information. In the end it will just look like im some jo blo selling high grade candles. I might even make a video series on youtube how to make your own candels that would drive perpetual traffic as well, and i could have some affiliate links to materials and equipment i use. ofcouse all this would be transparent.
i don't like to make money off of anyone without them knowing it.
My uncle and his wife are just selling there candles at flee markets i believe. which i could better yet, sell them in bulk to people already selling candles. like all of us here my time is my most valuable thing. The only thing i have to do a lot of research on is keywords, for seo, what molds i want to buy, and how im going to theme my site, or niche out the product, and im taking my time with this, because i want to make this a nice professional online business from this, a decent side income for myself, and a nice product for anyone who is looking for truly Natural Black Candles. might go with the theme of only going to be Black candles. im in between putting all candle color option on the site, or making a site for only black candles and customization, and a site for all different kinds of colored candles, I've seen people sub niche sites out like this before and it seems to have worked for them, but may be two much hassle at first. the customization theme also might be enough of a uniqueness factor but i do also see a lot of people doing this on etsy and ect.

I love every ones input, thanks for your replies

SATchives said:
Lunar Dance 666 said:
SATchives said:

I have some experience marketing, but they don't really want to hear it from me, they are stubborn.

get the materials, molds and equipment ect make a bunch of high quality candles, give samples to local occult shops, i live in a area where there is a lot, i'll find an audience using FB, although i hate fb for obvious reasons, its ads are an easy way to get the basic return customer to find my site, simply put ads on occultish pages, gothic clothing pages(althtough these customers may buy for decoration only not being a return customer), ect (most of the pages ive found on fb are pretty corrupted as everyone can assume, but none the less i know that some people from these groups will buy, and be return customers, i'll sell on Ebay, as there are not a lot of high quality black candels on ebay, i'll only do FB ads for about a month to group my placement on jewgle, then when i have a decent page seo rank for jewgle ill be able to have a decent flow of returning traffick. i might have this coupled with paid ads on instagram, as well as an instagram account and pinterest
page having all the candles and ingredients, in nice picture format, ofcourse i'll keep this all seperate from my IP, and my website i have a hosting service picked out that doesnt require personal information. In the end it will just look like im some jo blo selling high grade candles. I might even make a video series on youtube how to make your own candels that would drive perpetual traffic as well, and i could have some affiliate links to materials and equipment i use. ofcouse all this would be transparent.
My uncle and his wife are just selling there candles at flee markets i believe. which i could better yet, sell them in bulk to people already selling candles. like all of us here my time is my most valuable thing. The only thing i have to do a lot of research on is keywords, for seo, what molds i want to buy, and how im going to theme my site, or niche out the product, and im taking my time with this, because i want to make this a nice professional online business from this, a decent side income for myself, and a nice product for anyone who is looking for truly Natural Black Candles. might go with the theme of only going to be Black candles. im in between putting all candle color option on the site, or making a site for only black candles and customization, and a site for all different kinds of colored candles, I've seen people sub niche sites out like this before and it seems to have worked for them, but may be two much hassle at first. the customization theme also might be enough of a uniqueness factor but i do also see a lot of people doing this on etsy and ect.

Depending on where you're from I'd like to try to order something from you some time.

Most businesses start with simple things and they broaden later on. You need to start somewhere. What you could do is go for black candles mainly and then add a section with a bit color.

But if you plan on selling the candles in bulk to stores it'd be a better idea to also include other colors, not only black ones.
Because most pagan people (in the broadest sense of the word) would probably use colored candles over black candles for spells, depending on the type.
Black candles according to them is either for cursing or protection..

Do what you think is most suited, and also what is suited for your audience.
I think it'd be important to have a clear view of what you want to do, so when talking to others you can explain exactly what you'd be doing and what your business would be about, if someone is interested in it.
Im using different words to explain what I studied too because otherwise no one would understand it. (but Im not going to share here what I studied).

Also I don't know how much you'd have to pay for ads on facebook. I think it'd be wise to take a look into that.
You could also post an ad or a message in a newspaper. Or hand out flyers at those stores you mentioned.
The most important thing is to get the word out to people that would be your target to get to buy from you (but Im sure you already knew that).

Lunar Dance 666 said:
SATchives said:
Lunar Dance 666 said:

Depending on where you're from I'd like to try to order something from you some time.

Most businesses start with simple things and they broaden later on. You need to start somewhere. What you could do is go for black candles mainly and then add a section with a bit color.

But if you plan on selling the candles in bulk to stores it'd be a better idea to also include other colors, not only black ones.
Because most pagan people (in the broadest sense of the word) would probably use colored candles over black candles for spells, depending on the type.
Black candles according to them is either for cursing or protection..

Do what you think is most suited, and also what is suited for your audience.
I think it'd be important to have a clear view of what you want to do, so when talking to others you can explain exactly what you'd be doing and what your business would be about, if someone is interested in it.
Im using different words to explain what I studied too because otherwise no one would understand it. (but Im not going to share here what I studied).

Also I don't know how much you'd have to pay for ads on facebook. I think it'd be wise to take a look into that.
You could also post an ad or a message in a newspaper. Or hand out flyers at those stores you mentioned.
The most important thing is to get the word out to people that would be your target to get to buy from you (but Im sure you already knew that).
I’d buy too some good black candles from an SS:)

Just an update. I give it about two months or less i'll have candles up for sale on a secure safe website.

A lot has been going on, but i am about to purchase 55 lbs of organic beeswax, later on i'll buy some coconut wax after i get some sales going on. but for right now i'm going 100% pure beeswax. Mainly because i know its 100% orgranic, and healthy. i still have yet to find bulk organic coconut wax.

I currently am waiting back on emails to a lot of different distributors trying to broker some deals in my favor, for other materials. i got high hopes.

I found a site with organic fragrances, and food grade dyes for candles. not that chemical shit.

I'm currently looking for a distributor for glass jars not from china, and i am searching for quality pillar molds.

Anyone here want a specific type of mold let me know, i'll consider getting it.

this just leaves making a website from a hosting distributor who is discrete on personal information.

Here is also how i decided to go about marketing if anyone is interesting.
It's the same method (sorta) as im using for my online warfare.
I got myself a hold of this software called Jarvee, which automates posts reblogging ect ect, of an unlimited amount of accounts.

currently i am in the process of building a lot of niche blogs on tumblr, i.e dragons, goth, skulls, candles, fantasy, home decor, moms, babystuff, pretty much any niche i think would bring someone to buy a (black or color)candle, i plan to make seperate account for.

my method of growing account is simple, reblog peoples conntent, 150 posts a day, like and follow 200 a day*this is the max*, making everything aesthetic, and tweaking hashtags with the tumblr bulk hashtag editor here and there. once i get to 10k following which will be probably in a few months if i also use qplus.io

well thats it, depending on the size and type of oil in the candle price may vary from 8$-40$ plus shipping.

on average about 1 oz per candle = 5-7 hours life. so big candles will last days

Ill also be using other accounts other then tumblr but pretty much same method. I'm gonna stay away from facebook.. even though instagram is owned by them>.> instajew.

All these accounts are made by different people sold to me and then i plug them into a dedicated ip i pay for, never touching my ip.

I still have a lot of work to do, i just want everyone to know it can be done, you just have to put your mind to it and learn whatever way works for you. we should all strive to be our own business owners, and try to create something beautiful. These candles are going to Bee amazing.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back