Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Possible more corruptions in the Tarot

Dypet Rod

I have talked about this subject with a fellow SS personally, but I'd also like to hear more opinions about it, for a possible bigger conclusion.

So, in the Tarot, the suit of Wands typically represents the element of Fire, while the suit of Swords typically represents the element of Air.
Wouldn't it make more sense if it were the other way around? After all, the sword seems to have a lot more to do with fire. Masculine energies, war, strength, attack, etc. The element of Wands I suppose is represented by magickal wands/staffs, which of course have to do with magick. And magick has to do with using the powers of our mind and working in a rather thoughtful way to achieve what we want. Which seems to match air, which represents the intellect, the mind potential, etc.

Another thing is how some particular cards seem like they don't belong in their suits. For example, the Three of Swords represents emotional suffering, but in theory, the suit of Swords represents Air, which is typically described as being an intellectual and emotionless element.

I think all of this may be an attempt by the enemy to confuse and mislead us by attributing the wrong elements and meanings for each suits and cards, thus driving us further away from the true spiritual message behind them. In the same way the enemy has corrupted traditional Tarot decks with hebrew letters and depictions such as "The Devil" and "The Pope" for the Major Arcana, I don't doubt these I mentioned could also be other corruptions.

For those familiar with the Tarot, what do you all think of this?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back