Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Fishing as a sport

muriceias

Hello, I'm clashing with fishing.These days I saw a video of a man fishing and it seemed cool and then I got into fishing and buying a boat.There is a river 20 steps from my home but I never thought about fishing until now.However I also feel guilty of piercing and pulling the fish.I think it's ok fishing for eat but fishing for sport is kinda weird for me.The fish bit the fishing bait because it thought it would be food not because it wanted to be caught by a fisher that is just having fun.I think the fish don't want to play like that.It feels like I was going to my job like any day and then somebody ties me like a cowboy, I try to run away but the cowboy pulls me and when I am near him he take a photo and let me go.

I would like to know what do you think about fishing as a sport?

The same reasoning applies to hunting, if you fish as a sport so only to spend some time then I wouldnt do it just as if someone hunts for sport, if you are fishing because you want good fish to eat then it's perfectly fine.

muriceias said:
Hello, I'm clashing with fishing.These days I saw a video of a man fishing and it seemed cool and then I got into fishing and buying a boat.There is a river 20 steps from my home but I never thought about fishing until now.However I also feel guilty of piercing and pulling the fish.I think it's ok fishing for eat but fishing for sport is kinda weird for me.The fish bit the fishing bait because it thought it would be food not because it wanted to be caught by a fisher that is just having fun.I think the fish don't want to play like that.It feels like I was going to my job like any day and then somebody ties me like a cowboy, I try to run away but the cowboy pulls me and when I am near him he take a photo and let me go.

muriceias said:

Well as HPS Maxine Dietrich wrote once in a seromon, life is a fight, in order to life you have to kill.
So if you want to fish, then allright do it! Just make sure that you educate yourself in regards of which fish you want to catch, an which fish you can kill (idk for sure but I think you can keep adults. However you have to release young fish to maintain the population. Just do some research).
And yeah make sure to eat the fish you catch. You could fish like once in a week and eat the fish within a week.
I always believed that only the one who killed his „meal“ has really deserved it. Since he has the blood on his/her hand, but thats just my opinion.

As far as I know the fish you catch will not die if you properly remove the hook and release it straight back into the water. But you would still harm the fish, soo I am against fishing just for fun and sport.
In any case just make sure you learn fishing properly.

Again do not harm/kill fish for no reason lol

I used to do a fair amount of fishing and I no longer do. At first, I thought that fish are unable to feel pain, and that catch and release fishing is mostly harmless and fishing is not an inhumane method of food procurement. I now believe that fish are able to feel pain and that fishing with a hook is not an ideal way of getting food. Fish that are hooked and then released often have trouble eating and can get their organs torn out if they swallow the hook. Many animals are much more conscious than scientists who only study the material world realize.

If fishing with a hook is the only way you can get food, it's obviously a different situation. Fishing with a net, if done properly, may be a more humane way to get fish to eat. I don't think people who fish for sport are monsters for doing so, but I know for myself that once I realized I was causing fish pain that was objectively unnecessary, it stopped being an enjoyable hobby.

HailVictory88 said:
At first, I thought that fish are unable to feel pain

This is unbelievable, have you ever felt fish twitching in your hand when you take out the hook from its mouth? This is an obvious reaction to pain.

Every chordate can feel pain.

Larissa666 said:
HailVictory88 said:

This is unbelievable, have you ever felt fish twitching in your hand when you take out the hook from its mouth? This is an obvious reaction to pain.

Many people believe that fish don’t feel pain, unfortunately the reality is another one.

Aquarius said:
Larissa666 said:
HailVictory88 said:

Many people believe that fish don’t feel pain, unfortunately the reality is another one.

Unbelievable, sorry, but everyone who still thinks that is a complete idiot, I do not know how else to call them.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Nobody's even talking about the worms.

In what sense, about feeling pain? It is quite possible that worms feel the pain, too. Pain is very basic part of survival, wherever something wrong is happening to the part of the body: heat, cold, injury, infection/inflammation...whatever, pain is a signal that is sent to notify you that part of the body requires serious attention.

It might be possible that other species do not feel the pain, same as us. You cannot ever live as an earthworm, for example, so you will never know how earthworm feels when you cut it in half. But it is every obvious that they do get some kind of response to injury, and even if it is not quite same as our pain, it is still obvious that their feeling is very uncomfortable one. And that is enough for me, "pain-like" feeling is similar to pain.

Now, this is not vegan rant. I am not vegan, I am omnivore. I just wrote this as a shock to how insensitive other people can be to other alive beings around them. Saying that something other cannot feel pain just because it is different from you is pure arrogance.

Larissa666 said:
Aquarius said:
Larissa666 said:

Unbelievable, sorry, but everyone who still thinks that is a complete idiot, I do not know how else to call them.
exactly.

Aquarius said:
Larissa666 said:
HailVictory88 said:

Some people are even more retarded than that.
My 5th grade teacher told us that animals like horses do not experience feeling like sadness etc.
Big LOLZ
I should try to find him and have a looong talk to him.

NinRick said:
Aquarius said:
Larissa666 said:

Some people are even more retarded than that.
My 5th grade teacher told us that animals like horses do not experience feeling like sadness etc.
Big LOLZ
I should try to find him and have a looong talk to him.
People like that are just those who think animals are ‘inferior’

When I was a kid I used to sit on the dock in the summer and fish for sport. I stopped because after awhile I realized the fish where feeling pain and I was just doing this for fun. So I was actually just torturing innocent creatures so I stopped. I just took bread and would sit on the dock and throw it in the water and watch them catch it and eat it and I enjoy that more and they where happy.

I believe a person has no right to commit unnecessary harm to living beings. Being able to needlessly harm innocent beings much weaker then you for sport . It just makes you an asshole to life.

HP Mageson666 said:
When I was a kid I used to sit on the dock in the summer and fish for sport. I stopped because after awhile I realized the fish where feeling pain and I was just doing this for fun. So I was actually just torturing innocent creatures so I stopped. I just took bread and would sit on the dock and throw it in the water and watch them catch it and eat it and I enjoy that more and they where happy.

I believe a person has no right to commit unnecessary harm to living beings. Being able to needlessly harm innocent beings much weaker then you for sport . It just makes you an asshole to life.
Yes, exactly:)

HP Mageson666 said:

I enjoy feeding the wild ducks that come into my pond in the summer, it calms me and makes me happy to see them living and when they bring ducklings into the pond it's just utter bliss and joy :)

I remember fishing, trying to catch a big fish, but only small fish came, so I let them go and went back home a bit disappointed for not getting free fish to eat, heh, but anyways, regardless of that, it was still fun to feed them :)

About animals feeling pain and such, I heard that some insects do not feel pain because they do not have the necessary nervous system like we do for example,all they do have is an exoskeleton, but prove me wrong!

Fishing brings good eats and all but there's nothing quite like feeding a bunch of ducklings that curiously come up to you and seeing the mother duck stand watch, completely having trust in you.

I love animals as friends.......... and food....... but they deserve respect no matter which side of the fence you are and should not be mistreated needlessly as inferior beings to us as they are a lot higher than we are in many ways, this includes spiritually as well.

I was at a lake with like hundreds of little fishes everywhere. There was a big heron bird standing near me, and I was there fishing catching all these little sunfish. And every fish I caught I threw them to the heron and it ate them all. Is this bad? Because it is being very helpful to the heron. The heron would have still hunted and eaten those fish even if I wasn't there, I was just making it that much easier. And there's such a huge amount of fish there I know it didn't do anything bad to their population. I think the bird is a more important and rare species to be protected and helped over those fish that there's hundreds of. I used to fish for fun a lot but I always put them right back in the water. But I stopped after a little while of being Satanist. I think the stronger souls brings all of us to the same conclusions with this that we shouldn't be causing any harm.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Fishing brings good eats and all but there's nothing quite like feeding a bunch of ducklings that curiously come up to you and seeing the mother duck stand watch, completely having trust in you.

I love animals as friends.......... and food....... but they deserve respect no matter which side of the fence you are and should not be mistreated needlessly as inferior beings to us as they are a lot higher than we are in many ways, this includes spiritually as well.

You're completely right :)

Hunting and fishing are necessary skills for survival, so I say go all out. Fish to your hearts content, especially if you're planning on eating them. Same applies to hunting. Nothing beats some nice venison meat cooked and seared to perfection.

Brdredr said:
Hunting and fishing are necessary skills for survival, so I say go all out. Fish to your hearts content, especially if you're planning on eating them. Same applies to hunting. Nothing beats some nice venison meat cooked and seared to perfection.

Sport fishing and hunting. It is about killing an animal to just take a photo, and hang its head on your wall.

At least most of fishermen return the fish to the water. You cannot revive animal once you fatally shoot it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back