Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Itch

Ninetailedfox

I had this issue since very young. I would get itchy if I walk for too long, run for a while and even lift weights or calisthenics. This has greatly hindered my fitness and forced me to stop sports all together.

The sensation would be mostly my legs and scratching wouldn't be relieving as much as just sitting still trying to relax until it settles down. I don't think it's topical because i tried multiple creams, Sprays and fragrance free products but once I get active again it triggers all the same.
Moderate to Intense heat is very uncomfortable. Cold is less uncomfortable. My hands would get really itchy after shoveling snow in winter and sometimes mowing grass in summer.

Another time I would get really itchy is when I'm around certain people. Sometines even if im just talking to my sister. The more intense the conversation gets with laughter and emotion the itchier i would get but it doesn't happen all the time. This is a more piercing hot itch that seems to happen quickly instead of building up from running for a while.

This problem has made me miss out on a lot of things in life. I feel blocked from doing physical activities. Since i don't think it's topical I think it has something to do with my blood or the capillaries/veins. The other itch could be anxiety based.

Ninetailedfox said:

Do you all have problems of redness on your skin, such as red blotches, irritated or sensitive skin, pimples, etc? Is the itch in a specific spot and does it stay there, or does it feel like it is moving around the body? Do you also have any random twitching anywhere on your body?

Do you have problems sitting still or feeling calm? Can you go into a trance or do you feel like you have to move/twitch, or do you get random itches?

Ninetailedfox said:
I had this issue since very young. I would get itchy if I walk for too long, run for a while and even lift weights or calisthenics. This has greatly hindered my fitness and forced me to stop sports all together.

The sensation would be mostly my legs and scratching wouldn't be relieving as much as just sitting still trying to relax until it settles down. I don't think it's topical because i tried multiple creams, Sprays and fragrance free products but once I get active again it triggers all the same.
Moderate to Intense heat is very uncomfortable. Cold is less uncomfortable. My hands would get really itchy after shoveling snow in winter and sometimes mowing grass in summer.

Another time I would get really itchy is when I'm around certain people. Sometines even if im just talking to my sister. The more intense the conversation gets with laughter and emotion the itchier i would get but it doesn't happen all the time. This is a more piercing hot itch that seems to happen quickly instead of building up from running for a while.

This problem has made me miss out on a lot of things in life. I feel blocked from doing physical activities. Since i don't think it's topical I think it has something to do with my blood or the capillaries/veins. The other itch could be anxiety based.
It could be your bioelectricity. Ever since I started meditating I have been experiencing this. Walks, strenuous activities, working out etc. The itch is usually most acute during kundalini yoga. It's really just the heightened bioelectricity. Even when laughing hard I can feel it sometimes. Though it has become less of a problem recently because I can handle more energies comfortably at a time.

This is a sign of improved circulation due to exercise when capillaries in the skin which are not normally full receive more oxygen.

It is recommended you push through this feeling as it will improve your circulation over time.

Blitzkreig said:
Ninetailedfox said:

Do you all have problems of redness on your skin, such as red blotches, irritated or sensitive skin, pimples, etc? Is the itch in a specific spot and does it stay there, or does it feel like it is moving around the body? Do you also have any random twitching anywhere on your body?

Do you have problems sitting still or feeling calm? Can you go into a trance or do you feel like you have to move/twitch, or do you get random itches?

Nothing shows up that I can see. So no redness or raised skin. It feels irritated and sensitive. Especially in sunlight/heat.

The itch stays in a specific spot or area.

I would have random twitching but not while im itching. It's not often. I think it's just a muscle twitch like a small part of the muscle starts pulsating at medium speed. I haven't had that recently to provide a better explanation so it might not be related.

My mind is very active. I can sit still if i try but I think i have other problems that effect this like fatigue and financial stress that prevent me from being completely calm. I can meditate and do void meditation. Very low in earth element.

I can only go as far as void meditation. I don't believe I reached an actual trance state. I'll itch if i do kundalini yoga.

Blackdragon666 said:
Ninetailedfox said:

It could be your bioelectricity. Ever since I started meditating I have been experiencing this. Walks, strenuous activities, working out etc. The itch is usually most acute during kundalini yoga. It's really just the heightened bioelectricity. Even when laughing hard I can feel it sometimes. Though it has become less of a problem recently because I can handle more energies comfortably at a time.

All of those sound like triggers for me. Did you just ignore it and kept handling more energy until you got used to it? Do you think hatha yoga helped?

I think thats one type of itch i have. The other itch feels more internal. I had this one since before I started meditating which would trigger most from strenuous activities, running and walking long distance.

Blitzkreig said:
Ninetailedfox said:

Sometimes I'll see red on the palmside of my forearm but this is at random times. It will be a little itchy but more of a normal itch so not as intense as if I were running.

Ninetailedfox said:
Blackdragon666 said:
Ninetailedfox said:

All of those sound like triggers for me. Did you just ignore it and kept handling more energy until you got used to it? Do you think hatha yoga helped?

I think thats one type of itch i have. The other itch feels more internal. I had this one since before I started meditating which would trigger most from strenuous activities, running and walking long distance.
It was actually a serious problem and I even tried to stay indoors most of the time because just taking a walk would have me feel like scratching my head, neck and back in the middle of the road. The serpent then made it a bit more intense for a few months then I just adjusted to it. I can say the heightened energy levels becoming frequent made my nerves adjust to it more quickly. Nowadays the itch is very rare for me.

I am strongly inclined to believe it's just your bioelectricity and not a health problem but you never know so be sure to eliminate the possibility of health issues first.

Ninetailedfox said:

This sounds related to yin deficiency, and/or blood deficiency (which is a yin fluid). When the nerves aren't fully nourished, they will start to twitch and tingle, as if they are ungrounded.

Any redness or skin irritation is internal heat that arises, in your case, due to a lack of a cooling element.

I think there is some interplay with the capillaries themselves, not just the blood, as CentralForce was alluding to. The capillaries themselves, of course, are yin structures of the body. Perhaps you have something in your astrology pertaining to this. Either way, you should be able to mitigate a lot of this.

While it could be related to bioelectricity, I don't think that is the cause, rather it is just a symptom that manifests as a result of a lack of a grounding element.

Further evidence would show in other symptoms, like maybe headaches, dizziness, fatigue like you mentioned. Possible dark sunken circles under the eye, or dry skin.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back