Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Dutch Translation Thread

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:
Dutch is my first language so I can help here if needed.
Yes I will open two threads today

I will quote the other member who offered to help on Dutch JoS

Lunar Dance 666 said:
German, Dutch (?)
I've put question marsk because I was not sure if these are the right languages

Shadowcat said:

If anything has a particular deadline or due date please let me know and ill organize accordingly

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
German, Dutch (?)

Shadowcat said:

My native language is dutch. I can read and understand german but I will most likely make many mistakes.

I was suggesting to take the translated text from the german section, throw that through the translator, then put the original next to it and see where it needs a change of wording.
At least you wouldnt have the complete mess of having a totally different sentence structure to figure out that way.

Google translate is horrendous when it comes to translating entire texts from english to dutch. Its beyond some slight spelling and/or grammar errors.

Shadowcat said:
If anything has a particular deadline or due date please let me know and ill organize accordingly
There will be no deadlines as most people have limited time (me included), but if someone is stuck in a certain point and do not have any time anymore, it would be indicated that they post what they translated so someone else can carry on.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
Just a heads up i will be in the shop monday through friday 8am through 5 pm southern US time. In the evenings, and saturday and sunday are good work times for me. If anything has a particular deadline or due date please let me know and ill organize accordingly
There will be no deadlines as most people have limited time (me included), but if someone is stuck in a certain point and do not have any time anymore, it would be indicated that they post what they translated so someone else can carry on.

ok no prob

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
German, Dutch (?)

Shadowcat said:

I translated the whole first page of kabbalahexposed. I mailed Meteor to see if we could divide up both translation and proofreading and proofread each other. And start with this site first. If we go ahead and work together we can update on what gets done. If lunardance wants to join too that would be awesome, if she has time. I think a native English speaker translating along with someone who's native Dutch doing the same could both have complementary insights on grammar and sentence structure.

This would lighten your workload as from what I understood, you are using something to help you translate for what you can for most of the languages as well and wanting them checked after. If we work on translation from our parts (this goes for the other languages too tbh)
And dictate and divide who proofreads or translates what it will divide the workload with us all knowing what to work on specifically.

And when you do have something from your end translated to have anyone proofread we can start on that when you are ready.

Please tell us for those who are going to translate or proofread anything where you would like it sent. Shall we post it here? I know some members have already with some translations but I figured it would be handy to have everything in a respective file for when all the translations are put up on the sites live finally so we know where everything goes.

Meteor said:
Shadowcat said:
Meteor said:

I sent you an email. Shall we work together?

Sure! I sent you an email back. I can't connect to kabbalahexposed.com at the moment though, is there a mirror site I could use instead? I'll keep trying though, maybe it'll be back up later.

Feel free to send me what you've translated so far and I'll check it for you. We should also try to make a planning and divide the pages between each of us, to lessen the workload for each person and so that we don't accidentally both translate the same page.
Depending on how long the pages are I don't mind manually translating a page every day.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Meteor said:

Shadowcat said:

Ill send and email to you both.
Not to seem impatient, but I've not received one from you at the time of writing this. Just so you know in case anything went wrong!

Yes indeed, i uploaded files of kabbalahexposed here in the translation forums for all of us to make use of untill everything is back online. alchemist has also said he will get back with everyone in terms of specifics

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
German, Dutch (?)

Shadowcat said:

UPDATE: i have manually translated about 3 pages manually that i am awaiting proofreading for. I checked the site you gave for the copy/paste translation and i read some translations in Dutch. they look very good and accurate! i have translated 7 pages today using this. I will see what the other native speakers think of these before we consider them complete. We are collecting everything in mega. I think especially if it looks like to everyone this translation thing you gave us works really well that we will be able to do the whole kabbalahexposed site before then moving onto others. Proofreading will take time however. I think if everything checks out with this between the 3 of us, we can start mass translating everything for JOS into dutch with this before proofreading carefully and submitting.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Meteor said:

Shadowcat said:

Ill send and email to you both.

I sent y'all both an email with the whole site translated using the program Alchemist7 gave us. Everything is in the megalink. Let me know what you think of the translations versus the manual ones i did. if the program did a good job with these we can do the other sites this way as well. :)

Meteor said:

I translated most of blacksun666 and all of kabbalaexposed. the last site i sent in an email to you both in a mega link. i am not sure how far you are but could you proof read one page for me that i used the program to translate with? i want to see how good it is. I also want to proofread one and then have you look at it to see how my proofreading is. if its up to par we can split the work on that as well.

Ik heb trouwens deze net gevonden: https://www.satanisgod.org/dawn666blacksun.angelfire.com/Netherlands666.html
Het moet ook nagelezen worden maar ik geloof ook niet dat de hele bibliotheek erop staat.

Lunardance will be starting with proofreading next week, and i will resume translations tomarrow after online classes this week. blacksun666 is pretty much all done but the sublinks within are redundant some of them and others are not in the main list but imbedded in the main articles. I will try to colorcode the links and label them, situating things in order so they are not lost. some links i will not repeat. as they are in multiple places.

Shadowcat said:
Ik heb trouwens deze net gevonden: https://www.satanisgod.org/dawn666blacksun.angelfire.com/Netherlands666.html
Het moet ook nagelezen worden maar ik geloof ook niet dat de hele bibliotheek erop staat.

De bibliotheek is heel erg groot. Daar kunnen we misschien aan beginnen als we de websites af hebben.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Shadowcat said:

De bibliotheek is heel erg groot. Daar kunnen we misschien aan beginnen als we de websites af hebben.

Ja goed idee

Meteor said:

Shadowcat said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Email has been send.

Hello. I found Exposing Christianity in Dutch in the JoS Library
https://web.archive.org/web/20160619225439/http://dawn666blacksun.angelfire.com/Exposing_Christianity_DUTCH_100.pdf
Can somebody please have a quick look and say if the translation is complete and in a good quality? It seems to have been translated with automated software since same file exist in multiple languages in the Library.

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:

Shadowcat said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Email has been send.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160619225439/http://dawn666blacksun.angelfire.com/Exposing_Christianity_DUTCH_100.pdf
Can somebody please have a quick look and say if the translation is complete and in a good quality? It seems to have been translated with automated software since same file exist in multiple languages in the Library.

Yes i found this as well and posted it here. We discussed it and since the library is pretty big we will be doing it after all the sites including going over whats posted here

The Alchemist7 said:
Meteor said:

Shadowcat said:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Email has been send.

I apoligize for the delay i am working on these again. I have uploaded the other 3 sites, kabbalah exposed, third reich, and black sun 666 to my mega for Lunar and Meteor to proofread. I will see what we can do with this as well.

Shadowcat said:
I apoligize for the delay i am working on these again. I have uploaded the other 3 sites, kabbalah exposed, third reich, and black sun 666 to my mega for Lunar and Meteor to proofread. I will see what we can do with this as well.

Is alright, no need to apologize, everyone got lots of other things to do. Once Kabbalah Exposed is finished I can do a blogger with the translations.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
old.protonmail.com ; probeer via tor de pagina n paar x te verversen. soms vraagt ie nl om je tel nr. je zou ook gewoon n proxy kunnen gebruiken voor deze ene x.

Die nieuwe protonmail vraagt heel vaak om n captcha in te vullen die gewoon niet laad via tor ...

En idd heel graag dankje alvast voor de hulp.

Topper! Het heeft gewerkt, dankje voor de tip.

Shadowcat said:
Ja het is veilig. Je hoeft ook geen protonmail zelf te hebben om een protonmail account te mailen je Kan ook een andere soort email hebben en een mail aan mij opsturen

Ik had maar 1 email en dat was mijn persoonlijke email, niet om het een of het ander maar die ga ik hier niet voor gebruiken. Bij iedere email heb je problemen en aangezien proton 1 van de beter is, is het net zo makkelijk om te blijven proberen tot het lukt.

Ik heb je trouwens een mail gestuurt met dezelfde naam als hier op de forums. ;)

SSinHeartandSoul said:
Lunar Dance 666 said:
old.protonmail.com ; probeer via tor de pagina n paar x te verversen. soms vraagt ie nl om je tel nr. je zou ook gewoon n proxy kunnen gebruiken voor deze ene x.

Die nieuwe protonmail vraagt heel vaak om n captcha in te vullen die gewoon niet laad via tor ...

En idd heel graag dankje alvast voor de hulp.

Topper! Het heeft gewerkt, dankje voor de tip.

Shadowcat said:
Ja het is veilig. Je hoeft ook geen protonmail zelf te hebben om een protonmail account te mailen je Kan ook een andere soort email hebben en een mail aan mij opsturen

Ik had maar 1 email en dat was mijn persoonlijke email, niet om het een of het ander maar die ga ik hier niet voor gebruiken. Bij iedere email heb je problemen en aangezien proton 1 van de beter is, is het net zo makkelijk om te blijven proberen tot het lukt.

Ik heb je trouwens een mail gestuurt met dezelfde naam als hier op de forums. ;)

Is goed dan kan shadow je misschien in de groepsemail zetten ? dan wel op "reply all" klikken anders krijgt maar 1 persoon je bericht.

I tried pinging you HP, but i seem to be at a loss as how that function works in a fresh thread. I tried it with alchemist7 and it botched also :p.

I am now in the process of translating Maxines sermons. Some things reference zacharia stichin, like in the sermon section from 2001-2005.

Alot of the site has yet to be updated, not just with sermons but also with information regarding the Gods.

I am wondering if it is more efficient to go at the pace that certain things are updated? For example JOS has made it clear that the things from stichin are invalid and false. I don't want to translate what is now actually misinformation or inaccurate. I am currently at this sermon and it seems to reference some of his things and cites him as a source https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/PYRAMIDS.html

Also, in the sermon section in Maxines page, i am guessing the revised ones only should be translated since they are the updated versions of the older ones above? https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/SERMONS.html

Please advise. Thanks

Shadowcat said:
I tried pinging you HP, but i seem to be at a loss as how that function works in a fresh thread. I tried it with alchemist7 and it botched also :p.

I am now in the process of translating Maxines sermons. Some things reference zacharia stichin, like in the sermon section from 2001-2005.

Alot of the site has yet to be updated, not just with sermons but also with information regarding the Gods.

I am wondering if it is more efficient to go at the pace that certain things are updated? For example JOS has made it clear that the things from stichin are invalid and false. I don't want to translate what is now actually misinformation or inaccurate. I am currently at this sermon and it seems to reference some of his things and cites him as a source https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/PYRAMIDS.html

Also, in the sermon section in Maxines page, i am guessing the revised ones only should be translated since they are the updated versions of the older ones above? https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/SERMONS.html

Please advise. Thanks
If the main site is going to be updated again then indeed is better to wait a bit if the updates will happen soon, and focus would go on other websites for now.

By the way for quote if you do quote=nickname between square brackets, leave a space and [/quote] the name will appear in black and it might not work as is not a hyperlinked quote. Best to do is to quote whoever you want in another post, remove all the message and only keep the command (quote and /quote), cut it and paste it in the thread where you want to quote the member.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

Please advise. Thanks
If the main site is going to be updated again then indeed is better to wait a bit if the updates will happen soon, and focus would go on other websites for now.

By the way for quote if you do quote=nickname between square brackets, leave a space and
the name will appear in black and it might not work as is not a hyperlinked quote. Best to do is to quote whoever you want in another post, remove all the message and only keep the command (quote and /quote), cut it and paste it in the thread where you want to quote the member.
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I do not know the time window for the JOS updates personally but i will go ahead then with the other sites including the one Serbon just finished. My team had suggested to me then that it was better to focus on the main JOS site and RTR's first which of course made sense, but seeing as there are things that still need added, modified and removed significantly, it would not be the best thing to do right now. Then again JOS germany is already live so i am wondering how they decided to do that. Maybe they decided to just update accordingly when the time came, But from what i have seen and understood it is a lot that needs changed and updated which will take time.

As for proofreading, i tried my hand at manual translation before i used the software you suggested to us ( i now have a paid version of it and it works pretty well), and the feedback that my team gave me was that i was not proficient enough in my second language to manually translate, so that would essentially go for proofreading. Funnily enough i can read dutch just fine, but my eye also does not always pick up what could actually be a faulty translated sentence structure (the software isn't 100 percent efficient but better than nothing) or what could be better wording as to not subtract or distort the information being translated.

What i can do is try to ask my other team member for critique on a few pages i will try to proof read. AS even if it's not 100 percent i can still read dutch better than i can write it. If all else fails i will have to stick to the program translations and wait for the proofreading at their own pace which will indeed take a long time. In any case i will give another update on when everything else is fully translated and ready to be proofread.

Just checking to see if the quote works only by typing your name in the quote. Let me know if you received notification.

RTRs can still be translated as they won't be undergoing updates. But even the main JoS if updates are going to take a lot of time like several months then translations can carry on and updated whenever neccesary. Is no point waiting for that amount of time if this is the case. Most likely same the JoS site was translated in German as it is and will be updated in the future.
Did you pay anonimously for the translator? Translating JoS information while they have your bank details is not a good idea if they track what you translate, just saying.

The Alchemist7 said:
Just checking to see if the quote works only by typing your name in the quote. Let me know if you received notification.

RTRs can still be translated as they won't be undergoing updates. But even the main JoS if updates are going to take a lot of time like several months then translations can carry on and updated whenever neccesary. Is no point waiting for that amount of time if this is the case. Most likely same the JoS site was translated in German as it is and will be updated in the future.
Did you pay anonimously for the translator? Translating JoS information while they have your bank details is not a good idea if they track what you translate, just saying.

i can go ahead then with the main site again but will do the rtrs first. i will need help on this second one as i dont think the pronunciations can be properly put through the translator. hopefully i can get promt help but the one i am working with is quite busy, i will see what i can do on my own.

i did not leave them my real name.

with the amount of work we have imo the free version is unworkable and they evenvtook it away after a time. I am doing Satan's work and am not going to stop just because i think they might watch me. nothing in the translations breaks the law in my country so if they want to bitch they have to ban me :cool:

Shadowcat said:
with the amount of work we have imo the free version is unworkable and they evenvtook it away after a time. I am doing Satan's work and am not going to stop just because i think they might watch me. nothing in the translations breaks the law in my country so if they want to bitch they have to ban me :cool:
5000 character limit is alright but you probably got used to the paid version.
Also did you receive notification when I quoted you above? I only wrote your name manulally in the quote command so I wanted to check if the quote works this way.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
5000 character limit is alright but you probably got used to the paid version.
Also did you receive notification when I quoted you above? I only wrote your name manulally in the quote command so I wanted to check if the quote works this way.

Sorry bout that, yes i did get it

I am currently helping working on the library. As for the dutch translations i have virtually received absolutely no help in the past, very little if any and communication and work ethic on the part of the others who said they would help is non existent. It was always a constant being too busy or simply just plain not being arsed or other, to the point of any thing coming from anyone else coming to a full halt.

Being as this is my second language and that i am using a program to help me translate correctly i am pretty much stuck without proofreaders and editors.

Unless there can be consistent communication and work efforts on someone else's part as well for this in the future with me when there is time again, then i am afraid there is a dilemma. It would disappoint me to have to put this to a stop as i volunteered to help and i do not intend to let the Gods down as well. Please advise. I know perhaps of one other SS who is a native speaker but i am sure they have their hands full as well and i do not want to bother them.

If i am going to work on something there has to be consistent progress with communication. I am not working with people who are going to half ass everything. No offense SS fam.

Shadowcat said:
As for the dutch translations i have virtually received absolutely no help in the past, very little if any and communication and work ethic on the part of the others who said they would help is non existent.
Some people did not take the whole project as serious as it is. I suspect Dutch is not the only language, I hope I am wrong.

Shadowcat said:
Please advise.
I would suggest to definitely translate into Dutch the websites, as good as you can. Native members will eventually come in the future so it would make the process a lot faster if the content is already translated so they only have to read it and correct existing errors, which I assume won't be very serious since Dutch is your second language.

But indeed for now we can focus on the Library, I am also involved and I put other translation works I was doing on hold until we finish the Library

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
As for the dutch translations i have virtually received absolutely no help in the past, very little if any and communication and work ethic on the part of the others who said they would help is non existent.
Some people did not take the whole project as serious as it is. I suspect Dutch is not the only language, I hope I am wrong.

Shadowcat said:
Please advise.
I would suggest to definitely translate into Dutch the websites, as good as you can. Native members will eventually come in the future so it would make the process a lot faster if the content is already translated so they only have to read it and correct existing errors, which I assume won't be very serious since Dutch is your second language.

But indeed for now we can focus on the Library, I am also involved and I put other translation works I was doing on hold until we finish the Library

I am very sorry to hear this. I will do what i can when I can.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

Shadowcat said:
Please advise.

I have received a volunteer to help me proofread for the dutch translations of JOS. They are working on this as we speak but it will take time. The only thing left for me to translate with DeepL is the meditation section and the library.

Should the library be treated as one separate site? I am not sure. Where would you like the final drafts submitted?

Shadowcat said:
I have received a volunteer to help me proofread for the dutch translations of JOS. They are working on this as we speak but it will take time. The only thing left for me to translate with DeepL is the meditation section and the library.

Should the library be treated as one separate site? I am not sure. Where would you like the final drafts submitted?
Hello. For the JoS translations, there will eventually be a domain for JoS Dutch so there isn't even a need to upload the translations here since they will all be used inside that domain. You can upload them on the thread here and I will download them for extra security but mainly these will be needed when the Dutch JoS will be created.

And the library should be treated separately indeed. Is too big and is endless work to translate from there. I think the library should be translated from after the main JoS in Dutch is finalized as the JoS site represents the main priority. However since there is a native member helping out now after the main site is translated you can both either work together in creating JoS Dutch (HP Cobra and Soaring Engle will provide the instructions) or one of you can create the website while another can translate from the Library, ideally it would be a lot faster if you would work together on the website when the domain will be provided and the translations will be finished.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back