Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Beginner Lifting Guide

Not really sure what you are talking about above poster?

Bodybuilding pointless and retarded? Can think of many things that are more retarded than that fs

EnkiUK said:
Not really sure what you are talking about above poster?

Bodybuilding pointless and retarded? Can think of many things that are more retarded than that fs

I think he just means bodybuilding is more aesthetic and powerlifting or lifting for strength is more functional, like if you want to be able to overpower someone. I have no problem with natural bodybuilding, working to look like a Greek statue is a noble goal imo and you still get stronger

There needs to be a completive Palumboism wing of body building.....

Palumbo_2-220x300.jpg

Powerlifting for sport is bad for your spine. There was a link to a sports doctor stated that if you do yoga and powerlift your going to have problems. You have to turn your spine into concrete and be inflexible.

HP Mageson666 said:
Powerlifting for sport is bad for your spine. There was a link to a sports doctor stated that if you do yoga and powerlift your going to have problems. You have to turn your spine into concrete and be inflexible.

Interesting. I've seen plenty of videos of crossfitters doing deadlifts with horrible technique, rounded spine, just asking for injury. All the top athletes are extremely flexible though. I think it's more a question of technique and knowledge. In my former job I had to routinely lift 50-100lbs and they made us stretch for 15 mins at the beginning of our shift everyday as a safety requirement.

ex. https://youtu.be/x522dB-4y2w?t=2m41s

HP Mageson666 said:

do you remember which sports doctor it was?

Bodybuilding is retarded. Bodybuilders build bodies that are excessively muscular and extremely inflexible. Before contest, they almost completely dehydrate themselves (the Red Cross told me) which is extremely unhealthy and can lead to a wide range of health issues. They also take illegal drugs to achieve those bodies, as it's not possible in nature without those drugs.

Yeah AscendingSun like a sculpted greek god im looking for that look :D

HP mage ur right all they BBers are all distented bellies looking like that i just want to keep a good level of strength but try the bodybuilding training instead of weightlifting/powerlifting.

As HP said powerlifting is dangerous especially if performed with improper technique i injured my back doing deadlift :eek: :eek: Bad manual handling :lol: :lol:

Good luck

Yoga, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, that's all I need to stay in shape. I also make a point to take a walk almost everyday.
If your job requires you to be strong ( i.e. construction, landscaping, farm work, etc.), just working that job will get you in the shape you need to be.

There's a difference between looking like a Greek God statue, and being strong. Take the example of the barrel-chested farmer, with no muscle definition, who can throw around any gym buff. The opposite can also be true. I know a guy who is average height, thin, but is basically muscle and bones. He doesn't lift weights, just uses his body weight for exercise. Well, he's one of the strongest people I know, pound for pound.

The key is understanding your body type, and exercising accordingly. That, and staying active ( this includes Yoga, as it has been called "exercising while being still").

@Stormblood - Here's our long-awaited thread on working out, I guess ;) BTW, I like your new avatar pic. I've always been a fan of all cats, big or small...lions especially.

Stormblood said:
Bodybuilding is retarded. Bodybuilders build bodies that are excessively muscular and extremely inflexible. Before contest, they almost completely dehydrate themselves (the Red Cross told me) which is extremely unhealthy and can lead to a wide range of health issues. They also take illegal drugs to achieve those bodies, as it's not possible in nature without those drugs.

I know some martial artists do this as well, in order to stay in their weight class. I saw a documentary with a woman who starved herself and lived in a sweat suit for several days before her fight. Guess what, she lost. She was obviously feeling miserable.That's just insane. Martial arts, bodybuilding or whatever - it should be done for the sake of physical and spiritual health, nothing else. Name is Enochian BTW!

Malpirgi Zodinu said:
Yoga, push ups, pull ups, sit ups, that's all I need to stay in shape. I also make a point to take a walk almost everyday.
If your job requires you to be strong ( i.e. construction, landscaping, farm work, etc.), just working that job will get you in the shape you need to be.

There's a difference between looking like a Greek God statue, and being strong. Take the example of the barrel-chested farmer, with no muscle definition, who can throw around any gym buff. The opposite can also be true. I know a guy who is average height, thin, but is basically muscle and bones. He doesn't lift weights, just uses his body weight for exercise. Well, he's one of the strongest people I know, pound for pound.

The key is understanding your body type, and exercising accordingly. That, and staying active ( this includes Yoga, as it has been called "exercising while being still").

@Stormblood - Here's our long-awaited thread on working out, I guess ;) BTW, I like your new avatar pic. I've always been a fan of all cats, big or small...lions especially.

Nothing for your legs? Maybe you do stairs a lot or walk while carrying some weight like in your backpack? That alone strengthens the legs anyway.

Yes, we finally got a thread. And about the picture... I found amusing how this is a representation of Gilgamesh in a Japanese show. The Lion is awesome, yes.

Nick Vabzircnila said:
I know some martial artists do this as well, in order to stay in their weight class. I saw a documentary with a woman who starved herself and lived in a sweat suit for several days before her fight. Guess what, she lost. She was obviously feeling miserable.That's just insane. Martial arts, bodybuilding or whatever - it should be done for the sake of physical and spiritual health, nothing else. Name is Enochian BTW!

Go figure what's mental hang-ups they might have. It takes nothing more than common sense to understand how dehydration is bad. Not to mention that it weakens performances. When you are subject to an increased physical stress, you should drink more not drain yourself of water hahaha Name is awesome, eagle of blood. The closest translation of mine would probably be constcnila.

Something to consider is the Greek statues were all made to the golden mean ratio of Phi. They were images of the perfected human both forth by the magnum opus.

In my own experiences the meditations change the body in away that doing little looks like a lot. Just doing basic body weight exercises I looked like I was back in the gym for awhile. The key is the life force and how the energy centers relates to the endocrine system. From what a body builder stated who was also herbalist the key is in proper endocrine levels.

If your doing body building for a life style and sport at least you know what your doing. I always stayed away from dead lifts even though I know how to do them properly. Because its just a thing that its too easy to cause problems in the back even if you know what your doing in my opinion.

EnkiUK said:
Yeah AscendingSun like a sculpted greek god im looking for that look :D

HP mage ur right all they BBers are all distented bellies looking like that i just want to keep a good level of strength but try the bodybuilding training instead of weightlifting/powerlifting.

As HP said powerlifting is dangerous especially if performed with improper technique i injured my back doing deadlift :eek: :eek: Bad manual handling :lol: :lol:

Good luck

Stormblood said:
Malpirgi Zodinu said:

Nothing for your legs? Maybe you do stairs a lot or walk while carrying some weight like in your backpack? That alone strengthens the legs anyway.

Yes, we finally got a thread. And about the picture... I found amusing how this is a representation of Gilgamesh in a Japanese show. The Lion is awesome, yes.

Nick Vabzircnila said:

Go figure what's mental hang-ups they might have. It takes nothing more than common sense to understand how dehydration is bad. Not to mention that it weakens performances. When you are subject to an increased physical stress, you should drink more not drain yourself of water hahaha Name is awesome, eagle of blood. The closest translation of mine would probably be constcnila.

Yes, I walk a lot, usually with a heavy backpack. My legs are pretty strong.
If I were to start some exercise to further strengthen my legs though, what would you recommend?

Yes HP i stopped deadlifts ten years ago was only a medium size weight but enough for a sudden zap to go through my back "saying what do you think your playing at " :lol: :lol:

No Deadlifts for me since then and very cautious with squats too (lower back wise)

Kundalini yoga and other yoga i did helped with that

Bodyweight excercises i have done the past two days and feel just as good and pumped as if i did a 150kg bench 1 rep ;)

Always saying to the wife i want to look like a sculpted Greek God. :)

Is your wife doing better? I remember you asked for some health advice due to her stomach issues. Did diet help at all?

EnkiUK said:
Yes HP i stopped deadlifts ten years ago was only a medium size weight but enough for a sudden zap to go through my back "saying what do you think your playing at " :lol: :lol:

No Deadlifts for me since then and very cautious with squats too (lower back wise)

Kundalini yoga and other yoga i did helped with that

Bodyweight excercises i have done the past two days and feel just as good and pumped as if i did a 150kg bench 1 rep ;)

Always saying to the wife i want to look like a sculpted Greek God. :)

Something I noticed with Hatha Yoga, I would come back from work barely being able to walk due to how sore I was from spending a day doing heavy labour. But I would do around twenty minutes of Hatha Yoga and I felt brand new and energized. All the soreness was gone.

HP Mageson666 said:
Something I noticed with Hatha Yoga, I would come back from work barely being able to walk due to how sore I was from spending a day doing heavy labour. But I would do around twenty minutes of Hatha Yoga and I felt brand new and energized. All the soreness was gone.

I've experienced the same

Malpirgi Zodinu said:
If I were to start some exercise to further strengthen my legs though, what would you recommend?

I think that walking with a heavy backpack is quite enough, in my opinion. If you were to add something, the most common exercises for leg work are usually: box jumps, step-ups, side step-ups, various kinds of squats, walking lunges, knees to chest, dragon lowers. There are progressions for each of this exercises of course, which you can easily find online. I'd be interested in seeing how you score in this test: http://www.fitness.marines.mil/Portals/211/FitnessCalc/calc.html?ver=2017-06-22-133828-680

Box jumps can be done with stairs, benches in the park, chairs, whatever. No need to buy a set of boxes like they have in crossfit gyms.

HP Mageson666 said:
Is your wife doing better? I remember you asked for some health advice due to her stomach issues. Did diet help at all?

Hp yes brother she has improved greatly since then and your advice was taken on board. I was actually looking at the youtube links the other day wondering why i had a playlist saved as wifey it contained the links etc.

Much thanks mate has the odd flare up but her stomach has went back to normal size not looking as if she was 9month preg.

Top man HP mageson ;)

Stormblood said:
Malpirgi Zodinu said:

I think that walking with a heavy backpack is quite enough, in my opinion. If you were to add something, the most common exercises for leg work are usually: box jumps, step-ups, side step-ups, various kinds of squats, walking lunges, knees to chest, dragon lowers. There are progressions for each of this exercises of course, which you can easily find online. I'd be interested in seeing how you score in this test: http://www.fitness.marines.mil/Portals/211/FitnessCalc/calc.html?ver=2017-06-22-133828-680

Box jumps can be done with stairs, benches in the park, chairs, whatever. No need to buy a set of boxes like they have in crossfit gyms.

Thanks Bro. I'll try these exercises. That test looks interesting, I'll give it a go when I get the chance.

I have a question. I am doing athletic stuff about 9 years (about 5 years very consistent and more professionally) but its about a year and a half that i cant practic any real thing. So i go Mountaineering once a week (parents obligating me to educate). And when i come back i can not do my yoga(kundalini).

Which is best for me?! Mountaineering or consistent yoga?!
(Putting yoga to the next day is way hard for me)

AscendingSun said:
Things you need:
(gym)
2r7mtsj.png

As Satanists I believe we should all be fit and healthy
I agree
I need to do (at least) 8 Pullups & 40 Pushups in 2 Minutes each, at least, for a physical test one month from now.
Fun Fact About Me: I have very little upper body strength, my arms are skinny. (i like it this way but whatevs)
Anyway, I'm the type of person who can barely lift the bar. Can someone explain these exercises to me in English? I do go to the gym, but like I need help. The biggest thing is (no pun intended) I get sore very easily. Also, one point a trainer advised me to push up a heavy bar so much that I could barely keep one of my arms straight. Anyway, if anyone got exercises/vids/links for treating sore triceps, biceps, shoulders, and general upper body. I'm all ears!

Raven Princess said:
AscendingSun said:
Things you need:
(gym)
2r7mtsj.png

As Satanists I believe we should all be fit and healthy
I agree
I need to do (at least) 8 Pullups & 40 Pushups in 2 Minutes each, at least, for a physical test one month from now.
Fun Fact About Me: I have very little upper body strength, my arms are skinny. (i like it this way but whatevs)
Anyway, I'm the type of person who can barely lift the bar. Can someone explain these exercises to me in English? I do go to the gym, but like I need help. The biggest thing is (no pun intended) I get sore very easily. Also, one point a trainer advised me to push up a heavy bar so much that I could barely keep one of my arms straight. Anyway, if anyone got exercises/vids/links for treating sore triceps, biceps, shoulders, and general upper body. I'm all ears!
Yoga and qiqong! I have noticed after I trainer how qiqong made me feel me and my muscles great and has undone the energy blocking tendency of my body.

Raven Princess said:
I agree

I seriously hope you're not preparing last minute, ma'am. If you now are not near to those values, you're not going to be one month from now. Your trainer is exaggerating, in my opinion. How often do you train each week? What parts of the body do you train on those days? Just remember that training everyday the same part of the body is a recipe for failure. Muscles need rest to grow stronger. If your trainer is making you do that, they are in for the money and not for your benefit.

As a rule of thumb, I hope you always take your time to warm up before a training, cool down after and do recovery exercises everyday. I agree with Aquaman about yoga and qigong. It is also important to be properly fed and hydrated. Your body weight in pounds divided by 2 = the minimum number of ounces of fluids you need per day (This does not include the amount of exercise you do or the climate you are in.)

With exercise add:
• 16 ounces (1/2 canteen) - 2 hours prior to exercise
• 4-8 ounces - 10 minutes prior to exercise
• 4-8 ounces - every 20 minutes during
• 16-24 ounces after exercise

If you train longer than 60 minutes per session, you should also supplement with: 110-170 mg of Sodium; 20-50 mg Potassium. This every 8 ounces of your drink and is done because your body gets depleted of this minerals. You don't need to buy supplements. You can simply grab an orange, make some juice and add honey, a little salt, and water of course.

To help with recover, other than recovery exercises, you should eat more protein. How much protein do you eat everyday? Ideally, you should eat about 1g of protein for every kg of bodyweight, as Johnson Akemi suggested other times. Good sources of protein are: chicken, beef, fish, cheese, milk, nuts, seeds, eggs, yogurt, beans, legumes, peanut butter... Of course, don't start overeating proteins. The upper limit is 2g every kg of bodyweight. There is no benefit to eat more than that.

Stormblood said:
Raven Princess said:
I agree

I seriously hope you're not preparing last minute, ma'am. If you now are not near to those values, you're not going to be one month from now. Your trainer is exaggerating, in my opinion. How often do you train each week? What parts of the body do you train on those days? Just remember that training everyday the same part of the body is a recipe for failure. Muscles need rest to grow stronger. If your trainer is making you do that, they are in for the money and not for your benefit.

As a rule of thumb, I hope you always take your time to warm up before a training, cool down after and do recovery exercises everyday. I agree with Aquaman about yoga and qigong. It is also important to be properly fed and hydrated. Your body weight in pounds divided by 2 = the minimum number of ounces of fluids you need per day (This does not include the amount of exercise you do or the climate you are in.)

With exercise add:
• 16 ounces (1/2 canteen) - 2 hours prior to exercise
• 4-8 ounces - 10 minutes prior to exercise
• 4-8 ounces - every 20 minutes during
• 16-24 ounces after exercise

If you train longer than 60 minutes per session, you should also supplement with: 110-170 mg of Sodium; 20-50 mg Potassium. This every 8 ounces of your drink and is done because your body gets depleted of this minerals. You don't need to buy supplements. You can simply grab an orange, make some juice and add honey, a little salt, and water of course.

To help with recover, other than recovery exercises, you should eat more protein. How much protein do you eat everyday? Ideally, you should eat about 1g of protein for every kg of bodyweight, as Johnson Akemi suggested other times. Good sources of protein are: chicken, beef, fish, cheese, milk, nuts, seeds, eggs, yogurt, beans, legumes, peanut butter... Of course, don't start overeating proteins. The upper limit is 2g every kg of bodyweight. There is no benefit to eat more than that.

I just wanted to add that bananas and coconut water are also a great source of potassium.

Very good tips and advice guys, its hard to take every supplement and sometimes your body doesnt like them (creatine for me) stick to the natural stuff as has been mentioned, once you have the gym "bug" you will enjoy excercise and keep doing it.

Malpirgi Zodinu said:
I just wanted to add that bananas and coconut water are also a great source of potassium.

Didn't know about coconut water. I heard somewhere that bananas make people sleepy. It doesn't happen to me, but I would be curious to read if someone has been experience that condition.

Stormblood said:
Malpirgi Zodinu said:

Didn't know about coconut water. I heard somewhere that bananas make people sleepy. It doesn't happen to me, but I would be curious to read if someone has been experience that condition.

Not that I've noticed...I didn't know that about bananas.
BTW, that test, 2nd class.
I do have to say that I spent most of september fighting some weird flu.
I had to stop exercising and all I could really bring myself to do was the krya for spinal energy. That and my daily meditations and some RTRs.
I'm feeling much better now and hope to be back in top shape shortly.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back