Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Are omens real?

Big Dipper

In the dark. With the Pearls and the Sharks.
hi, one day at work I had a butterfly almost land on me, but I accidently swatted it away and the guy next to me said it would've been "good luck", but I don't know it just sounds fake, but are there any real omens and or do omens come true if people believe them for long enough? also I think "luck" is fake bull crap and all our coincidental fortune comes only from Jupiter, but idk tell me if I'm wrong.

*finger pistols*

There may be some truth. When my grandmother died (father's mother), my father saw a spider descending right in front of his face. This is also an old sign/superstition.

If by "omen" you mean "a sign" of something, then they could be real, yeah, absolutely. If one is able to connect with the Astral and/or has good, correct intuition, then they can sense how energies are flowing and/or notice patterns and discern what realistically could 'come to pass'. It's like extrapolation - guessing, realistically, things based on what information we have already. Call it "prediction" or "prophesying" if you want.

Luck is just happy thoughts, basically, positive energies; wishing someone positive, beneficial energies in their endeavours. We create our own 'luck', and we can also give good and bad 'luck' to others.

Big Dipper said:
hi, one day at work I had a butterfly almost land on me, but I accidently swatted it away and the guy next to me said it would've been "good luck", but I don't know it just sounds fake, but are there any real omens and or do omens come true if people believe them for long enough? also I think "luck" is fake bull crap and all our coincidental fortune comes only from Jupiter, but idk tell me if I'm wrong.

*finger pistols*

Omens are kinda real but not the whole "the thunder in the distance is the sign of the apocalypse" kinda omens. Its more when your intuition picks up on certain energies that then translate into a sort of premonition for your subconscious to try and inform you about. This can be further developed through obtaining knowledge, understanding/wisdom, and performing daily spiritual practice.

As for luck, its a mix of your planetary placements in your natal chart, current transits, and workings that you are doing and how strong those energies are against opposing/ competing energies. These play a role into manifesting good fortune. Jupiter is only one part of it.

Zeffie of the Wind said:
Big Dipper said:
Its more when your intuition picks up on certain energies that then translate into a sort of premonition for your subconscious to try and inform you about.

oh, so are you saying that if a butterfly landed on me, meaning good luck or whatever, and I believed it to be true THEN it would come true to an extent?

*finger pistols*

Big Dipper said:
Zeffie of the Wind said:
Big Dipper said:
Its more when your intuition picks up on certain energies that then translate into a sort of premonition for your subconscious to try and inform you about.

oh, so are you saying that if a butterfly landed on me, meaning good luck or whatever, and I believed it to be true THEN it would come true to an extent?

*finger pistols*

No. I mean exactly as I said. Omens are your intuition trying to tell you something. Whether you notice them or not or whether its accurate or not depends on how developed you are. Its not about superstition its about the laws of reality.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back