Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Making stories manifest into reality

Seby

Grant Morrison wrote a comic series with a character that looked very similar to him. This character got hurt and ended in the hospital, the same thing happened to the writer. He also claimed that women he wrote in the comic manifested in his life.
He was experimenting with magic and it was very powerful. How did he do that?

TopoftheAbyss said:
Grant Morrison wrote a comic series with a character that looked very similar to him. This character got hurt and ended in the hospital, the same thing happened to the writer. He also claimed that women he wrote in the comic manifested in his life.

It was a form of object association, he literally created a poppet of himself (unaware) and clearly seemed to see and view it as himself on a very powerful and connected level. I used to put myself in my own stories as well until I started seeing this same trend and realized what I was doing.

He tied into who he was in the story so much that whatever happened to the character manifested upon him. Creating a vessel for yourself and connecting to it as your own embodiment is creating a poppet of yourself, and visualizing/intending things to happen to the vessel is no different than if you were to visualize and intend for it all to actually happen to the real you.

It's the laws of the poppet and energy association, that's all. The astral doesn't understand the difference, he made it so that both of himself are the same thing.

This could be two things, either when he wrote the comic he predicted what's going to happen in is life and put it in a comic format without realizing it or by he has a powerful soul and by repeating the story in his mind the thoughts manifested in is life. Remember that thoughts = energy, when you think of something enough you are putting energy towards it, the more energy it gets the more probability to manifest in your life, this is why you should always have positive thoughts instead of negative ones.

If this actually works, I'm going to write a story where I become the President of the United States and use my influence to turn Europe Nationalist again.

I’ve read something similar before, that a woman unintentionally created thoughtforms of her characters and felt as if they lived beside her in a way. A lot of authors have also admitted that when writing characters, they will want them to do a certain thing, but they know the character doesn’t want to do that, as if becoming an entity of their own.

It’s probably something similar. A lot of work and thought and energy goes into creation. Of course you attract the things you focus on and open yourself up to. When you write it down, draw it, speak it, placing your thoughts into reality.... creation like that becomes a type of magic on its own and some people have a gift for it whether they fully realize it or not. It can be seen in the natal chart.

Oh and I wanted to add, just look at the enemy books. There’s a reason they write all that shit down and use it to proselytize. They want their shit prophecies to manifest. Having things in the public helps with that. Like with the Jesus thoughtform, as the most obvious example.

It all pretty much falls on the same magical principals.

Probably similar to how the jew does it, with infusing "holy" scripture with occult energies. I had an idea before, which I don't know if I mentioned or not, about doing something similar - in the case of some possibly-long-winded affirmations, or if they might be too specific and a bit complicated, one could write them in a book - which has to be a special book, similar to if anyone has a Black Book/Journal, for use of this only and kept clean and I suppose wrapped in silk, or whichever material is best - and when speaking the affirmation, saying the reference to the page, article, line/paragraph, etc.

Libra said:
I’ve read something similar before, that a woman unintentionally created thoughtforms of her characters and felt as if they lived beside her in a way. A lot of authors have also admitted that when writing characters, they will want them to do a certain thing, but they know the character doesn’t want to do that, as if becoming an entity of their own.

It’s probably something similar. A lot of work and thought and energy goes into creation. Of course you attract the things you focus on and open yourself up to. When you write it down, draw it, speak it, placing your thoughts into reality.... creation like that becomes a type of magic on its own and some people have a gift for it whether they fully realize it or not. It can be seen in the natal chart.
In a Children's comedy programme, in Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch, there was an exact episode regarding that, where the characters of a story, via magic, of course, couldn't just do certain things; that they had to have the realistic reasons to do them.

Ghost in the Machine said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

It was a form of object association, he literally created a poppet of himself (unaware) and clearly seemed to see and view it as himself on a very powerful and connected level. I used to put myself in my own stories as well until I started seeing this same trend and realized what I was doing.

He tied into who he was in the story so much that whatever happened to the character manifested upon him. Creating a vessel for yourself and connecting to it as your own embodiment is creating a poppet of yourself, and visualizing/intending things to happen to the vessel is no different than if you were to visualize and intend for it all to actually happen to the real you.

It's the laws of the poppet and energy association, that's all. The astral doesn't understand the difference, he made it so that both of himself are the same thing.
I think he was aware. What I didn't understand is why it was so powerful. It must have been because the comic was read by many people who put their energy into the spell.
So doing it with intent and feeling a connection with the character is more than enough, it just felt too simple but it makes sense.

FancyMancy said:
Probably similar to how the jew does it, with infusing "holy" scripture with occult energies. I had an idea before, which I don't know if I mentioned or not, about doing something similar - in the case of some possibly-long-winded affirmations, or if they might be too specific and a bit complicated, one could write them in a book - which has to be a special book, similar to if anyone has a Black Book/Journal, for use of this only and kept clean and I suppose wrapped in silk, or whichever material is best - and when speaking the affirmation, saying the reference to the page, article, line/paragraph, etc.

Libra said:

In a Children's comedy programme, in Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch, there was an exact episode regarding that, where the characters of a story, via magic, of course, couldn't just do certain things; that they had to have the realistic reasons to do them.
Well in the past they did the same and then jews copied them. Look at the Veda for example, many stories are for allegories but some parts of the text where just powerful affirmations/Spells empowered in group workings and by Sanskrit.

luis said:
FancyMancy said:

Libra said:

Well in the past they did the same and then jews copied them. Look at the Veda for example, many stories are for allegories but some parts of the text where just powerful affirmations/Spells empowered in group workings and by Sanskrit.
Oh, nice. I didn't know that actually.

TopoftheAbyss said:

What the mind creates during art is either an extension of yourself, and it plays out into the story. Stories are creating and art. Anything with creation. It can also probably turn into a poppet. Haha my weird experience is uh...

The Sims... I use to create characters as myself in the sims and I would give them 2 specific lives. In adulthood, my live has been an exact blend of these two things. These could’ve been unconscious motives coming out in the game. My friend said he discovered he was gay early on because when he’d play the Sims, he’d always make his characters be with men. He grew up to be with men, but at the time he had been too young to really think of it initially. I don’t think this was because of a poppet scenario.

I’ve had a lot of trouble discerning imagination and magic sometimes, though. They are really fine lines. Best not to overthink that one for anyone prone to ocd.

I started doing this stuff and I wonder how void moon affects it.
Does it count when I started writing or is there more to it?

TopoftheAbyss said:

Only when you start
Don't start anything under the void moon.

TopoftheAbyss said:
Dude just do a working...

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back