Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

To Shannon - Iodine and Selenium Questions

Shael

HPS Shannon said:
The message I spent 1 hour typing out unfortunately dissappeared along with your thread when it was deleted. I'm short on time, but I will try to briefly list them again now.
I hope you will find the time to answer ❤️

-Should Iodine and Selenium be taken on an empty stomach, or together with food?

-Regarding Iodine, how much dosage is good in your opinion? Some say even 1mg is extremely high already, while others claim the Japanese eat 10mg with their food regularly.

-Supplements in capsule form for Iodine and Selenium seem to be very fishy with bad ingredients, smelling chemically, and with people in the reviews getting bad side-effects from it. I think that perhaps the liquid form of them - an Iodine and Selenium solution - may be the best choice here.
The products I am looking at have the following ingredients. The Iodine solition is 12% in concentration, containing Iodine and Potassium Iodide, in distilled water. The Iodine seems to come from simple resublimated Iodine crystals (I don't know if that is good or bad) of pharmaceutical-grade quality. The Selenium solution has a concentration of 50mcg per drop and is made from Sodium Selenite.
Are these ingredients okay?

-When taking Iodine and Selenium together, what ratio do you recommend?

Thank you for your time :)

Shael said:
HPS Shannon said:
The message I spent 1 hour typing out unfortunately dissappeared along with your thread when it was deleted. I'm short on time, but I will try to briefly list them again now.
I hope you will find the time to answer ❤️

-Should Iodine and Selenium be taken on an empty stomach, or together with food?

-Regarding Iodine, how much dosage is good in your opinion? Some say even 1mg is extremely high already, while others claim the Japanese eat 10mg with their food regularly.

-Supplements in capsule form for Iodine and Selenium seem to be very fishy with bad ingredients, smelling chemically, and with people in the reviews getting bad side-effects from it. I think that perhaps the liquid form of them - an Iodine and Selenium solution - may be the best choice here.
The products I am looking at have the following ingredients. The Iodine solition is 12% in concentration, containing Iodine and Potassium Iodide, in distilled water. The Iodine seems to come from simple resublimated Iodine crystals (I don't know if that is good or bad) of pharmaceutical-grade quality. The Selenium solution has a concentration of 50mcg per drop and is made from Sodium Selenite.
Are these ingredients okay?

-When taking Iodine and Selenium together, what ratio do you recommend?

Thank you for your time :)

Sorry, please forgive the delay. Just taking care of somethings offline. Stay tuned dear brother.

HPS Shannon said:
Sorry, please forgive the delay. Just taking care of somethings offline. Stay tuned dear brother.
All good, no worries sister. :)

Also wanted to add that the sodium selenite has lactic acid in it as a preservative.

Another addition - upon further searching I found some more posts from you regarding the subject. Since you recommended Selenomethionine as the preferred form to take in, I assume Brazil nuts are the way to go in that department.

And regarding the Lugol's solution, I assume I should go for 2% instead of 12% as the dosage would otherwise be way too high.

Shael said:
Another addition - upon further searching I found some more posts from you regarding the subject. Since you recommended Selenomethionine as the preferred form to take in, I assume Brazil nuts are the way to go in that department.

And regarding the Lugol's solution, I assume I should go for 2% instead of 12% as the dosage would otherwise be way too high.

Hi,

I take my iodine in the morning for energy and on am empty stomach usually. I depends on you.

I wouldnt take sodium selenite. Its not a good for to take. Selenium methionine is among the best. You can get the from brazil nuts or in supplementation. Its best to eat sprouted brazil buts for best absorption.

You do not have to take selenium and iodine together.

The does varies. I wouldnt go over a certain amount. For example, I take 1-3 drop of nascent iodine in the morning. That is equal to 1,950mcg. These are high but still safe and no where near overdose. Less than a drop a day is sufficient but I am taking alittle more for therapeutic reasons. Extra iodine means enough to detox, heal and make up for the imbalance that needs fixing.

Shael said:

As for the type of iodine, read this please:

https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/nascent-iodine-detoxadine.html

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back