Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

IST, possible herbal alternatives?

serpentwalker666

I had a heart condition at birth, called wolff parkinson white i had surgery for, that i elaborated about in earlier posts, I now have a regular heart Rhytmn, which is abnormally fast. The calcium channel blockers worked for me, but come with chronic digestive side effects.

I was wondering what would be a gentle herb that could help regulate this, My body as ive noticed over the years is very sensitive to herbs, and medications in general, so i figured it would be best for me to post here.

Magnesium i tried before but havent since, as i had a specific supplement called triple calm magnesium, that worsened heart palpitations.

serpentwalker666 said:
I had a heart condition at birth, called wolff parkinson white i had surgery for, that i elaborated about in earlier posts, I now have a regular heart Rhytmn, which is abnormally fast. The calcium channel blockers worked for me, but come with chronic digestive side effects.

I was wondering what would be a gentle herb that could help regulate this, My body as ive noticed over the years is very sensitive to herbs, and medications in general, so i figured it would be best for me to post here.

Magnesium i tried before but havent since, as i had a specific supplement called triple calm magnesium, that worsened heart palpitations.

I will get back to you with more information.

I do recall you posting in the past about this condition. You say the magnesium gave you heart palpitations? How much were you taking and what kind was it?

You say you are sensitive to herbs. Can you elaborate on that? In a good, bad or neutral way?

I think a know of a gentle herbal formula for you.

What is the name of the calcium channel blocker?

serpentwalker666 said:

I need help understanding something. You have posted alot in the past about the health issues you face and it seems you were on the right path with the acupuncture and chinese herbal formulas. What happened? Did you stop?

It seems you were improving.

Just to recap..

Do you still suffer from these?
-anxiety
-insomnia
-high blood pressure
-fatigue

Thank you.

The Magnesium supplement was Triple Calm Magnesium, was a blend of 150mg of Magnesium Taurate, Magnesium Glycinate, and Magnesium Malate, I only one capsule for about two to three days about would experience fluttering in my chest and a weird arhymthia type feeling, which made me feel something was amiss, and that i should not take it for awhile.

As for sensitivities to herbs, basically what i mean is lower dosages then im supposed to take, usually are very effective, teas, root powders, anything really herbal.

The calcium channel blocker is Verapamil, 80mg tablets, i cut it in half and take half in the morning, and around 7 at night when my heart rate starts to spike again.

Another thing i wanted to mention is beta blockers i tried before did nothing except lower blood pressure and make me tired. That one was Metroprol, I Do not remember the exact dosage.

The insomnia is no longer an issue, neither is anxiety, Fatigue is often a problem still, so is the high blood pressure from the tachycardia, I still take Dan Shen root powder every once in awhile when i have a few bad days, But it doesnt do anything for the elevated heart rate, and i havent needed it lately.

I had to stop getting acupuncture done, as i am in a complicated financial situation, didnt have the money.
and am planning on getting it done again after i get employed, and have money to pay for the treatments.

serpentwalker666 said:
The Magnesium supplement was Triple Calm Magnesium, was a blend of 150mg of Magnesium Taurate, Magnesium Glycinate, and Magnesium Malate, I only one capsule for about two to three days about would experience fluttering in my chest and a weird arhymthia type feeling, which made me feel something was amiss, and that i should not take it for awhile.

As for sensitivities to herbs, basically what i mean is lower dosages then im supposed to take, usually are very effective, teas, root powders, anything really herbal.

The calcium channel blocker is Verapamil, 80mg tablets, i cut it in half and take half in the morning, and around 7 at night when my heart rate starts to spike again.

Another thing i wanted to mention is beta blockers i tried before did nothing except lower blood pressure and make me tired. That one was Metroprol, I Do not remember the exact dosage.

The insomnia is no longer an issue, neither is anxiety, Fatigue is often a problem still, so is the high blood pressure from the tachycardia, I still take Dan Shen root powder every once in awhile when i have a few bad days, But it doesnt do anything for the elevated heart rate, and i havent needed it lately.

I had to stop getting acupuncture done, as i am in a complicated financial situation, didnt have the money.
and am planning on getting it done again after i get employed, and have money to pay for the treatments.

Okay, so just want to make sure I understand.

You need herbal remedies to help with the high blood pressure, heart palpitations and fatigue- and to stop taking the calc- blockers?

Have you ever taken anything herbal for the fatigue and blood pressure?

Dan shen root made into a tea has helped with the fatigue mostly, and the major issue i need to figure out is a herbal remedy to maintain a normal heart rate, so that my heart doesnt stay in tachycardia constantly anymore, as calcium channel blockers i dont feel are a long term option, as it gives to many digestive side effects.

The high blood pressure i can probably manage, as i intend to exercise alot, once my heart is back to being managable, But any tips woth that would be appreciated, I also do my best to watch my diet, big thing is i just need to cut out alot of sodium.

serpentwalker666 said:
Dan shen root made into a tea has helped with the fatigue mostly, and the major issue i need to figure out is a herbal remedy to maintain a normal heart rate, so that my heart doesnt stay in tachycardia constantly anymore, as calcium channel blockers i dont feel are a long term option, as it gives to many digestive side effects.

The high blood pressure i can probably manage, as i intend to exercise alot, once my heart is back to being managable, But any tips woth that would be appreciated, I also do my best to watch my diet, big thing is i just need to cut out alot of sodium.

The combination of this herbal supplement should be of great help to you.
It works for relaxing and regulating ths heart and keeping your blood pressure in check, as well as nourishing the blood. The herbs are mild. Begin with 4 tablets twice a day and work your way upward and see how you feel.

https://www.activeherb.com/anshen/

Please keep up with Yoga and gentle exercise for now. Dont over do it. Yoga and meditation is the key to total healing as it works on your genes as well.

Also, you must get into the habit and knowing that you control your body and mind, so always take time throughout the day, or even at night, and confirm that your heart is calm and functioning normally. This works. Take control of your body.

Also with your diet, I understand if money is tight but try to eat fresh, unprocessed foods. You must try to.

Thank you very much HPS Shannon, I will order the herbs, and work on calming and getting my heart back to normal with affirmations.

Also, Yes i will absolutely continue with the Yoga and Meditation, i have a strict schedule, with The Final Rtr included, i follow it no matter what.

I will try to also go easy on the exercise, i am very active, and walk everywhere in the urban area i live. so ill try to take it easier, and ill work on eating more fresh, unprocessed foods.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back