Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Elements balance question

V12-POWER

I have spent almost an hour looking for the specific question, cant seem to figure out the following:

Say I have Earth and Fire as "dominant" elements, both almost the same quantity given by those internet natal calculators and Air and Water in lesser amounts.

I find myself ready to try out the elements meditations - to balance them out at least. But I do not want to lose my fire and earth "characteristics" or whatever its called.

Im also interested in trying out the the air element meditation as its said to be the most communicative element and im not the most outgoing person ever, sometimes shy, in occasions I shouldnt be, so this sounds good on paper - but as I said I do not want to lose my fire and earth traits. So I hope this can be cleared up

The great thing about elemental balances is just that. It’s finding a balance. You won’t really lose your current characteristics, the goal is to round out. Balance would require you have earth and fire as well as air and water. So you won’t lose that.

I can say from my experiences, you’re personality doesn’t change, but the way you express it does. What you have in your chart stays, but there’s additions to it, and some of the negative aspects of too much of what you have will go away, because you’ll have more balance, but this does take work and learning to use the elements properly.

Try the air element and post after some days how was it like to you. I remember first time inhaling air, I did 15 or so breaths and let me tell you that 5 days I was with my head up in the sky, really shallow and silly. First 2 days couldn't even hold a cup in hand, felt like puff clouds instead of hands. Great memories :lol:

I'd wager to state if you feel uncomfortable for some reason. You can always stick to Aether(Akasha), either visualize the light, breath it in and or vibrate Akasha along with breathing in Akashic energy.

Either way it's the safest element it hardly has any if at all repercussions. It's true that working directly with an element produces results but there is nothing wrong with working with Aether.

nakedhill said:
Try the air element and post after some days how was it like to you. I remember first time inhaling air, I did 15 or so breaths and let me tell you that 5 days I was with my head up in the sky, really shallow and silly. First 2 days couldn't even hold a cup in hand, felt like puff clouds instead of hands. Great memories :lol:
Nakedhill, this is a theory

I know that elements are elements and there's no way around it.

But sometimes, strong planets can make up for it personality wise. Someone with a strong Mercury might come across very mercurial despite being all water signs, or someone with a strong Moon might come across as emotional despite being all earth/air signs.

But the planets are still in the backdrop of the elements, so ultimately they're colored by the sign they're in. I'm just saying, maybe some charts can compensate for the personality traits for the lack of elements due to the strength of the planets.

Several astrologers also noted this before, that elements aren't the end all be all of personality traits.

94n said:
But the planets are still in the backdrop of the elements, so ultimately they're colored by the sign they're in. I'm just saying, maybe some charts can compensate for the personality traits for the lack of elements due to the strength of the planets.

Yeah inhaling elements will act from the bases of your traits/planets. Every element interacts with each other. It depends on how much you inhale and the quality of the inhale for how much it will affect you. I would describe it as a force that you can't fight off but join it. This is my experience with every element, an immutable force from within and exterior sometimes. Water I can say it is very sneaky..nothing nothing then full blown emotions. :?

94n said:

But sometimes, strong planets can make up for it personality wise. Someone with a strong Mercury might come across very mercurial despite being all water signs, or someone with a strong Moon might come across as emotional despite being all earth/air signs.

Several astrologers also noted this before, that elements aren't the end all be all of personality traits.
I think it was said before that a lack of an element doesn't mean that it isn't there in the personality. It just manifests in a different way. Someone who has next to no water planets may still be very emotional at times (especially if planets support this), but there may be issues in expressing this and in how it manifests. From what I know, lacking an element makes it manifest in dysfunctional ways. This would then be fixed through regularly invoking said element and working to fix the imbalance.

I know of one person that I very much admire, that they are very balanced in earth, water, and air. But they have 0 fire planets, so they are susceptible to illness and their biorhythm is "off". Also they are very fussy about their environment and want everything to be arranged exactly by the millimeter, and for the temperature to be exactly at the right amount (for example, 22.1°C instead of 22.2°C). They compensate for their lack of inner fire by precisely arranging their environment to make their body feel comfortable.

Of course, what this person should do is to work intensively with the fire element and balance things out, which would fix the issues.

Internet calculators are unreliable. Even the best of them, still neglect important data, as I explained in another topic. At any rate, Eric13 has already answered you that your personality doesn't change. The best shot is invoking the akasha and using to balance the elements. This is when you don't know for certain from real astrologers such HPS Maxine, HP Cobra, Lydia and others whether you have weak elements and which of them are weak. It's also the best option even if you know. Akasha, contrary to using specific elements, never causes a backslash. Using water, for example, can cause a backslash of the opposite element, especially when people overdo it with breaths (even exceeding 5 or 6 breaths can be overdoing it, as the goal with breathing is always extending the hold.) Other SS have reported the same experiences regarding the difference between invoking a specific element or invoking akasha itself.

Stormblood said:
Internet calculators are unreliable. Even the best of them, still neglect important data, as I explained in another topic. At any rate, Eric13 has already answered you that your personality doesn't change. The best shot is invoking the akasha and using to balance the elements. This is when you don't know for certain from real astrologers such HPS Maxine, HP Cobra, Lydia and others whether you have weak elements and which of them are weak. It's also the best option even if you know. Akasha, contrary to using specific elements, never causes a backslash. Using water, for example, can cause a backslash of the opposite element, especially when people overdo it with breaths (even exceeding 5 or 6 breaths can be overdoing it, as the goal with breathing is always extending the hold.) Other SS have reported the same experiences regarding the difference between invoking a specific element or invoking akasha itself.

I read this forum and I just think how it's almost a miracle that we have this knowledge-- with the help of someone as influential and intelligent as HP Maxine (and the other HPs and many members here who are passionate about these subjects, you included), actually made it spiritually useful and practical for us to use.

I feel extremely fortunate to have found this forum.

Shael said:
94n said:

I think it was said before that a lack of an element doesn't mean that it isn't there in the personality. It just manifests in a different way. Someone who has next to no water planets may still be very emotional at times (especially if planets support this), but there may be issues in expressing this and in how it manifests. From what I know, lacking an element makes it manifest in dysfunctional ways. This would then be fixed through regularly invoking said element and working to fix the imbalance.

I know of one person that I very much admire, that they are very balanced in earth, water, and air. But they have 0 fire planets, so they are susceptible to illness and their biorhythm is "off". Also they are very fussy about their environment and want everything to be arranged exactly by the millimeter, and for the temperature to be exactly at the right amount (for example, 22.1°C instead of 22.2°C). They compensate for their lack of inner fire by precisely arranging their environment to make their body feel comfortable.

Of course, what this person should do is to work intensively with the fire element and balance things out, which would fix the issues.

Of course. I was just talking about personality--though the elements can influence the personality quite a bit. When it came to the elements older astrologers focused on temperament/humoralism, which they used the elements and its qualities to help guide the person. Elemental balances or imbalances were all associated with health, diseases of the mind or body, or even associated with physical traits or appearances of a person. As with all charts they are all unique, so I know we're talking in generalities. In that person you mentioned, it's totally a temperament issue--people have optimal body temperatures they like to operate in.

A different astrologer once wrote about her experience of 40 years. She interpreted a chart with all the planets in a grand earth trine, and her mistake was assuming this person was dull, practical, and basically a person under wraps with her emotions. When she showed her delineation to her friend, her friend laughed at how inaccurate it was--because this person readily expressed her emotions, outgoing, etc. the opposite of what she described. In astrology textbooks, a lack of the element can cause the "backlash" that people talk about--it can make them behave in the opposite way. Overall interesting stuff.

How this manifests at a soul level is a little more abstract, and difficult to ascertain because well...almost all knowledge on it has been kept secret, lost, or corrupted. At least HP Maxine has provided us with plenty of information to work with (on astrology and its relation to the soul) through her years of hard work and research which I am extremely grateful for.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back