Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Sleeping with your head facing a certain direction

Hi I read somewhere that sleeping with your head pointing north is good for your body?

I also read that sleeping with your head facing East is good as well for different reasons.
But apparently west and south are bad?

Is this mumbo sumo superstition or is there a scientific basis for this?

I think it has to do with the earths magnetic field.

I noticed after changing sides how I slept that my head is clearer.

Sounds like jew age superstition.

The side that you sleep on does have an effect, though. There's research on this. The most well known effect is that sleeping on a certain side(left IIRC) helps with indigestion/heartburn because it places the esophagus higher than the stomach, so the acid can't rise as easily. Sleeping on the other side increases risk of heartburn.

I used to be able to only sleep on one side. Now I can only sleep on my back. Dreaming seems more prominent now but I can't say whether it's because of the way I sleep.

FancyMancy said:
Mecca doesn't care if you face it or not.
;)

curio said:

The side that you sleep on does have an effect, though. There's research on this. The most well known effect is that sleeping on a certain side(left IIRC) helps with indigestion/heartburn because it places the esophagus higher than the stomach, so the acid can't rise as easily. Sleeping on the other side increases risk of heartburn.

I used to be able to only sleep on one side. Now I can only sleep on my back. Dreaming seems more prominent now but I can't say whether it's because of the way I sleep.

FancyMancy said:
;)

I also read somewhere that sleeping on your left side puts pressure on your heart and causes it to work harder but who knows everything is a stupid lie these days im fed up

CrossRoadsPedestrian said:
curio said:

FancyMancy said:
;)

I also read somewhere that sleeping on your left side puts pressure on your heart and causes it to work harder but who knows everything is a stupid lie these days im fed up

The muslims say these stuff because rabbi fucking mohammed said to sleep on our right Side ALWAYS I personally make sure to do the opposite of everything he says i even started eating with my left hand :lol:

Harry said:
curio said:

;)

The muslims say these stuff because rabbi fucking mohammed said to sleep on our right Side ALWAYS I personally make sure to do the opposite of everything he says i even started eating with my left hand :lol:

Haha nice those dumb muslims are commanded to wipe their ass with their left hand because they don't have toilet paper, thats why they are commanded to eat with their right hand.

curio said:

FancyMancy said:
;)

Probably. It makes sense anatomically. I find it generally uncomfortable and harder to breathe when I try to sleep on my left side.

Harry said:

Haha nice those dumb muslims are commanded to wipe their ass with their left hand because they don't have toilet paper, thats why they are commanded to eat with their right hand.
They had to be told to not use the same one? :lol:

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Harry said:

They had to be told to not use the same one? :lol:
Then they do, or used to, get their right hand cut off as punishment, for example from shoplifting, which I think is a literal meaning to lift a corner of a shop/tent.

FancyMancy said:
shoplifting, which I think is a literal meaning to lift a corner of a shop/tent.
That actually sounds like it could be accurate. I never thought of that before lol.

Shael said:
FancyMancy said:
shoplifting, which I think is a literal meaning to lift a corner of a shop/tent.
That actually sounds like it could be accurate. I never thought of that before lol.
I always imagine it in like desert or Aladin-type places, with the bazaars and what-have-you.

But how do you sleep better? I mean using or not a pillow and how to use it.
Is there maybe a position that makes energy circulation easier?

Hi I read somewhere that sleeping with your head pointing north is good for your body?

I also read that sleeping with your head facing East is good as well for different reasons.
But apparently west and south are bad?

Is this mumbo sumo superstition or is there a scientific basis for this?

North and East are said to be the best direction to face for white magick and South/West for black magic so I assume those are the ideal sleeping directions.

Harry said:

And also because they believe that satan eats with his left hand

I sleep with my head pointing North. I've experimented with the directions. Depends on your room layout as well but I like North best so that's what I got going on.... I have no idea if North is better. If you live in southern hemisphere try head pointing south but I can't say it'll be any better.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back