Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cat, Eye Discharge and Redness

lilquote

Suddenly, my cat is starting to produce more (clear) tears from one eye and the inner corner of it is red. Nothing is protruding and the redness is only visible when the white of his eyes show (when sleeping or relaxing and his eyes roll back a little). I've read about cherry eye but I don't think that's it. I'm not sure what breed he is. The pound just called him a domestic shorthair, though he is very big compared to the average street cat. He's also resting a little more than usual.

I'm going to focus on returning curses and such to see how much that helps for now. Thought I'd post on here to get advice before I try and take him to the vet. It's very difficult to get him in a carrier.

My cat had the same. So I clean her eyes by using a cotton and dipping in a warm water with alittle salt mixed in it. I did this twice a day everyday. Eventually it got better and went a way. I couldn't take her to the Vet so I googled some ways to help her which I did.

She got in fights with another cat and scratched her in the eye so it got infected. Though she stopped fighting with that cat again. xd

Also it could be something she's allergic to. Usually from what you used to wash your blankets with or something else new.

So i kept her away from my room as well.

And its contagious so make sure you keep your cat away from other of your cats.
She also made my eyes itchy.

This is also something a pet shop did. They had cats that were all in the same cage for selling and they all had eye infection. They will never get better if they are surrounded by others with infection as well. I told them but they never listened. I reported them anyway and their business was taken down. Yay!

Update, and thanks to RoseWolf and Ol argedco luciftias for the responses
I think he may have scratched himself in the eye. Medical eye drops would prevent infection but it's so hard to get him to the vet. He's got some big ol claws that I haven't gotten trimmed.
I left his eye alone because, every time I wiped the tears away with a damp cotton or tissue, it seemed to get more irritated and he wouldn't sit still anyways. He's not producing much tears and the redness seems to be gone completely.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Sounds like it will get better by itself :D :p :mrgreen: :)

Yep :lol: He'll be fine but I can't believe he's so careless as to scratch his own eye. He's done it to his ear before but never such a sensitive area. I wonder if I should get his claws trimmed because I've never needed to do that for a cat.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back