Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

About Hatha yoga?

MercuryWisdom

Hello, my Satanic brothers and sisters. I have been having trouble to do the hatha yoga in the pdf I can't seem to be able to inverted asanas I always just fall and can't balance myself everything else in the pdf is fine for me but inverted asanas. I appreciate any brother/sister for helping and replying.

Have you tried supporting your body with a wall?

mercury_wisdom said:
Hello, my Satanic brothers and sisters. I have been having trouble to do the hatha yoga in the pdf I can't seem to be able to inverted asanas I always just fall and can't balance myself everything else in the pdf is fine for me but inverted asanas. I appreciate any brother/sister for helping and replying.
Lean against a wall at first.

mercury_wisdom said:

Just do it over and over and over again. You will be able to do them once you have enough muscles. Just do them daily, twice a day and in a week you should be able to do them. Except you are overweighted, then it could take a while longer. Nevertheless just keep doing them

You need strong core muscles for holding the inverted asanas. Work on them. With the headstand and even its regression, the tripod, do NOT put all your weight on the head and neck, as you may damage yourself seriously.

Aquarius said:
I'm quoting you here because I still don't have access to my PC. Do you still have the various steps for building the handstand by Gymnastics Bodies? I think it would be useful to share here a programme to build the handstand step by step and I remmeber GB had a very thorough programme for that.

Yes, leaning against a wall for the handstand/headstand can help, that’s how I started.

Also, you can go on YouTube and look up each asana and there will be videos on how to get into each pose comfortably and safely. This helped me a lot for the shoulder stand, I mastered it some time ago.

Eric13 said:
mercury_wisdom said:
I still keep falling :(

mercury_wisdom said:
Eric13 said:
mercury_wisdom said:
I still keep falling :(
Lol, how? Which way are you facing when pressed against the wall? Face away from the wall. The tendency is usually to fall backwards. So with your back against the wall for support you should be fine. Practice a few times, making sure to lean against the wall for support. It may take weeks or more before you can progress without the wall. Just try as time goes on to rely on the wall less and less as your strength builds up and then you’ll be able to do these without support.

Stormblood said:
You need strong core muscles for holding the inverted asanas. Work on them. With the headstand and even its regression, the tripod, do NOT put all your weight on the head and neck, as you may damage yourself seriously.

Aquarius said:
I'm quoting you here because I still don't have access to my PC. Do you still have the various steps for building the handstand by Gymnastics Bodies? I think it would be useful to share here a programme to build the handstand step by step and I remmeber GB had a very thorough programme for that.
Plenty of good free resources on the web. And in my opinion a teacher is the best.

NinRick said:
mercury_wisdom said:

Just do it over and over and over again. You will be able to do them once you have enough muscles. Just do them daily, twice a day and in a week you should be able to do them. Except you are overweighted, then it could take a while longer. Nevertheless just keep doing them
Ok I will keep practicing then. Thank you NinRick

Darksage666 said:
Yes, leaning against a wall for the handstand/headstand can help, that’s how I started.

Also, you can go on YouTube and look up each asana and there will be videos on how to get into each pose comfortably and safely. This helped me a lot for the shoulder stand, I mastered it some time ago.
Thank you this is good advice brother.

Stormblood said:
Ok thank you Stormblood I will keep that in mind.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back