Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Beginner question. (possibly more to come)

AsraArdwulfLeberecht said:
Do the degrees of significance only apply to the Chart Ruler?
Everything.
The Planets, Moon's Nodes, House Cusps, Vertexes and Prenatal Eclipse.

The degrees are for the placements of all planets, and for the interactions between all planets. Larger ones like the Sun are affecting a larger angle around it, and smaller ones like the moon affect a small angle.

For advanced readers, is it possible to discern the past using astrology? Would then be needed a past planetary return?
When I'm more advanced, I plan to find the date of my Dedication because shame on me, I didn't pay attention that day. :oops: I just know the year and month.

Greetings. For conjunctions and oppositions with Fixed Stars it was said to take an orb of max 2 degrees - if an orb is of 2 degrees and some minutes more (yet not 3 degrees) , does it count? I thought that perhaps the Stars are not 00 ' 00 '', so maybe some minutes are still in the "2 degree" range , and we have them listed as degrees only for simplicity's sake .

So on JoS Astro , on fixed stars, we also have trines, inconjunctions etc, do we take them in consideration, or do we only look for oppositions and conjunctions? Also, there it lists the aspects that Fixed Stars make with the House Cusps, but on the main site it says to only consider the Angles. What do I do?

As things started during a Void Moon are rarely successful/finished, is it safe to assume that things one tries to get rid of or leave uncompleted will work accordingly? It is said on the site, in this sense, that this is a time to get away with things. Not advocating for illegalities, but let's assume, you want to murder someone during the next Void Moon. Why does it happen that you will not get caught, instead of failing the attempt?

For advanced readers, is it possible to discern the past using astrology? Would then be needed a past planetary return?
When I'm more advanced, I plan to find the date of my Dedication because shame on me, I didn't pay attention that day. :oops: I just know the year and month.

I will try to answer your questions.

There are essentially 2 markers concerning the past life:
The South Node (which can answer: who you were intrinsically before (the sign informs this), your areas that were privileged (the house informs this).
It is necessary to look at the aspects that the South Node makes with the planets and Angles. Also look at the degree on which the South Node is located (--> Is the South Node on a major degree?)

There is the 12th house which speaks among other things of past lives: it is necessary to look at the sign (its modality, its element, is it intercepted, etc.), is there a stellium, which planets in the 12th house, if the cusp of the 12th house is on a major degree, ..

For conjunctions and oppositions with Fixed Stars it was said to take an orb of max 2 degrees - if an orb is of 2 degrees and some minutes more (yet not 3 degrees) , does it count? I thought that perhaps the Stars are not 00 ' 00 '', so maybe some minutes are still in the "2 degree" range , and we have them listed as degrees only for simplicity's sake .

I take this into account when the orb exceeds a few minutes, while keeping in mind that the wider the orb, the less effect the aspect will have.

So on JoS Astro , on fixed stars, we also have trines, inconjunctions etc, do we take them in consideration, or do we only look for oppositions and conjunctions? Also, there it lists the aspects that Fixed Stars make with the House Cusps, but on the main site it says to only consider the Angles. What do I do?

As HPS Maxine explains: only take into account conjunctions, and to a lesser extent, oppositions.
This is valid for the cusps, only take care of the angles. However, you can still take a look at the houses that are problematic in your life.

Are Fixed Stars conjuncting/opposing Lilith , the True Node and the Lot of Fortune valid?

Yes, you can look to see if there is a conjunction, or opposition, with the South Node and the North Node. Fortune is a more complex concept than it seems: it is not about "fortune = luck/money/blessed", "Fortune" means more "karma"/karma seeds, for better or for worse.
But also look at the major and critical degrees for all these points. It can give some interesting indications.

Do Grand Trines with the True Node or Dark Moon matter?
How do you know the element of a Grand Trine, if the planets are of different elements?

Remarkable aspects (Grand Trine, T-square, etc.) with "fictitious" points, what is the South Node, the North Node, the Black Moon, the Part of Fortune since they are not celestial bodies but calculation points, are not as important as remarkable aspects with bodies, but again, it can provide insights.

The element of the Grand Trine is determined by the element of the signs in which the 3 planets are domiciled ;)
There can be dissociated Grand Trines as well.

What's the orb for planetary aspects? Are those on Astro Dienst correct? 5* for Sextiles for example.

Each aspect has a maximum acceptable orb (I don't have them in mind anymore). Trust JoS Astro !

Hell-o

i was wondering how is it possible to find out a rising sign on the https://www.jos-astro.com/? site

thank you
Satanama <3

sshivafr said:

I will try to answer your questions.

There are essentially 2 markers concerning the past life:
The South Node (which can answer: who you were intrinsically before (the sign informs this), your areas that were privileged (the house informs this).
It is necessary to look at the aspects that the South Node makes with the planets and Angles. Also look at the degree on which the South Node is located (--> Is the South Node on a major degree?)

There is the 12th house which speaks among other things of past lives: it is necessary to look at the sign (its modality, its element, is it intercepted, etc.), is there a stellium, which planets in the 12th house, if the cusp of the 12th house is on a major degree, ..

For conjunctions and oppositions with Fixed Stars it was said to take an orb of max 2 degrees - if an orb is of 2 degrees and some minutes more (yet not 3 degrees) , does it count? I thought that perhaps the Stars are not 00 ' 00 '', so maybe some minutes are still in the "2 degree" range , and we have them listed as degrees only for simplicity's sake .

I take this into account when the orb exceeds a few minutes, while keeping in mind that the wider the orb, the less effect the aspect will have.

As HPS Maxine explains: only take into account conjunctions, and to a lesser extent, oppositions.
This is valid for the cusps, only take care of the angles. However, you can still take a look at the houses that are problematic in your life.

Are Fixed Stars conjuncting/opposing Lilith , the True Node and the Lot of Fortune valid?

Yes, you can look to see if there is a conjunction, or opposition, with the South Node and the North Node. Fortune is a more complex concept than it seems: it is not about "fortune = luck/money/blessed", "Fortune" means more "karma"/karma seeds, for better or for worse.
But also look at the major and critical degrees for all these points. It can give some interesting indications.

Do Grand Trines with the True Node or Dark Moon matter?
How do you know the element of a Grand Trine, if the planets are of different elements?

Remarkable aspects (Grand Trine, T-square, etc.) with "fictitious" points, what is the South Node, the North Node, the Black Moon, the Part of Fortune since they are not celestial bodies but calculation points, are not as important as remarkable aspects with bodies, but again, it can provide insights.

The element of the Grand Trine is determined by the element of the signs in which the 3 planets are domiciled ;)
There can be dissociated Grand Trines as well.

What's the orb for planetary aspects? Are those on Astro Dienst correct? 5* for Sextiles for example.

Each aspect has a maximum acceptable orb (I don't have them in mind anymore). Trust JoS Astro !

Thank you for the elaborate answers! :D Do you advise I should keep posting my questions here, or the "ask all questions here" thread, in terms of SS who could see them?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back