Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How to calculate aspects for transits

ss666

For predicting transits in astrology, I need to know the aspect. For conjunction it's easy, but what about the other aspects? On natal chart it's already done, here you have to calculate. Is there a tool for this?

Manually. It takes practice until you see it but then it's fairly quick. And you can't always go by the aspects on natal charts, if you mean on websites such as astro.com, as they often miss some, or include some that are out of orb.

HPS Maxine uses these orbs, I'm copying these from my notes:

For conjunctions, squares, trines and oppositions 8-9 degrees
For sextiles 6 degrees
For inconjuncts 5 degrees
For semi-sextiles, semi-squares, sesi-squares, quintiles 1 1/2 degrees.

Lydia said:
Manually. It takes practice until you see it but then it's fairly quick. And you can't always go by the aspects on natal charts, if you mean on websites such as astro.com, as they often miss some, or include some that are out of orb.

HPS Maxine uses these orbs, I'm copying these from my notes:

For conjunctions, squares, trines and oppositions 8-9 degrees
For sextiles 6 degrees
For inconjuncts 5 degrees
For semi-sextiles, semi-squares, sesi-squares, quintiles 1 1/2 degrees.

Thank you for your answer and the values!
If i have to do i manually, then each sign should be 30 degrees. When I move from one sign to another I add 30 degrees and after I reach the desired sign, add the remainder as in conjunctions. Then I look what angle it is, and if it's in that specific interval +/- I get the aspect.

ss666 said:
If i have to do i manually, then each sign should be 30 degrees. When I move from one sign to another I add 30 degrees and after I reach the desired sign, add the remainder as in conjunctions. Then I look what angle it is, and if it's in that specific interval +/- I get the aspect.

And this takes place much quicker once you're used to it. For example, it should take a brief second to see a square, and you automatically know squares are 90, and then you can quickly add/subtract the remaining to see if it's still in orb.

Some observations to make it quicker without doing the math: For inconjunction, they are the opposite sign plus/minus one sign over. A semi-square is a sign and a half. A trine is the next sign of the same element, so the same color. A square is a trine minus one sign.

Lydia said:
ss666 said:

And this takes place much quicker once you're used to it. For example, it should take a brief second to see a square, and you automatically know squares are 90, and then you can quickly add/subtract the remaining to see if it's still in orb.

Some observations to make it quicker without doing the math: For inconjunction, they are the opposite sign plus/minus one sign over. A semi-square is a sign and a half. A trine is the next sign of the same element, so the same color. A square is a trine minus one sign.

Thank you! That's really much easy to use, with the help of visualization!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back