Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Stationary Retrograde vs Retrogade?

MrIntrepid said:
Is there any significant difference between the two?

In terms of transits, the difference is the momentum and focus. Retrograding planetary transits indicate a time to figure out the solutions to external scenarios that frustrate, delay or drive us into unhelpful modes of action or thought. It may also be a significant time to stop and reflect on the planetary matters at hand and how they influence your house rulers for better or worse.

Stationary retrograding transits, however, are when it can be either very obvious windows of opportunity or very challenging conditions affecting one's ability to apply any solutions at all. The word "stationary" means staying in place, not moving whatsoever. Meaning the planetary matters at hand are slowing down.

An example would be stationary Mercury retrograde: computers keep glitching out in an office, but somehow by the end of the day, all of the lost datasheets have been recovered by I.T. after waiting for the power outage to end, and so on. It's like how could there be such a miraculous resolution during what seems to just be Mercury Retrograde? Oh it went into stationary position, a time when everything is at a standstill and it's 50/50 chance of a positive resolution.

In natal charts, stationary retrograde planets can indicate a special affinity to the planetary associations and matters. It can be for better or worse, just how much one embraces the qualities of their stationary retrograde planet(s). Much of how we live out our charts is determined by how we choose to express the energies.

I suspect perhaps someone with stationary retrograde Mercury can more easily overcome challenges in their mental health or educational developments, being more attuned and focused, more centered on the gifts and better grip of the curses of their retrograde Mercury.

But meanwhile, as I've seen in people's charts with just retrograde Mercury, a regular Mercury Rx person may be unaware of how much they are hindered by their speech impediments or mental disorders or any communicative aspect of themselves. There are geniuses and flawlessly functioning people with Mercury Retrograde in their chart, yes. But what I mean is Mercury Retrograde can cause havoc, and stressful challenges to overcome, in both transits and natal placements.

Basically in natal charts, the key difference is just how well someone can overcome the limitations of their retrograde planets, and those with stationary retrograde planets are more capable of taking the time to focus on the solutions and gifts instead of just the problems.

DreamWeaver said:
MrIntrepid said:
Is there any significant difference between the two?

In terms of transits, the difference is the momentum and focus. Retrograding planetary transits indicate a time to figure out the solutions to external scenarios that frustrate, delay or drive us into unhelpful modes of action or thought. It may also be a significant time to stop and reflect on the planetary matters at hand and how they influence your house rulers for better or worse.

Stationary retrograding transits, however, are when it can be either very obvious windows of opportunity or very challenging conditions affecting one's ability to apply any solutions at all. The word "stationary" means staying in place, not moving whatsoever. Meaning the planetary matters at hand are slowing down.

An example would be stationary Mercury retrograde: computers keep glitching out in an office, but somehow by the end of the day, all of the lost datasheets have been recovered by I.T. after waiting for the power outage to end, and so on. It's like how could there be such a miraculous resolution during what seems to just be Mercury Retrograde? Oh it went into stationary position, a time when everything is at a standstill and it's 50/50 chance of a positive resolution.

In natal charts, stationary retrograde planets can indicate a special affinity to the planetary associations and matters. It can be for better or worse, just how much one embraces the qualities of their stationary retrograde planet(s). Much of how we live out our charts is determined by how we choose to express the energies.

I suspect perhaps someone with stationary retrograde Mercury can more easily overcome challenges in their mental health or educational developments, being more attuned and focused, more centered on the gifts and better grip of the curses of their retrograde Mercury.

But meanwhile, as I've seen in people's charts with just retrograde Mercury, a regular Mercury Rx person may be unaware of how much they are hindered by their speech impediments or mental disorders or any communicative aspect of themselves. There are geniuses and flawlessly functioning people with Mercury Retrograde in their chart, yes. But what I mean is Mercury Retrograde can cause havoc, and stressful challenges to overcome, in both transits and natal placements.

Basically in natal charts, the key difference is just how well someone can overcome the limitations of their retrograde planets, and those with stationary retrograde planets are more capable of taking the time to focus on the solutions and gifts instead of just the problems.

Very helpful. Thank you!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back