Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Do I have a planet ruler?

Seby

I have no planet in the ascending sign but I have it in my first house. Is it a ruler or co-ruler?

TopoftheAbyss said:
I have no planet in the ascending sign but I have it in my first house. Is it a ruler or co-ruler?

Your chart ruler is the planet that rules the sign your ascendant is in (in the case of signs like Scorpio Aquarius or pisces the Chart ruler would be the main ruler of that sign (the outer planet) and the planet that co rules it (the traditional ruler of the sign) is your co ruler. If the planet ruling your first house is also in your first house as well its not co ruler but your chart ruler this may mean its in its home sign which is a good thing for the most part as its energies are more naturally and eaisly expressed.

Sorry i thought i included this link in my reply but I didnt
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Noted_Planetary_Placements.html
This is helpful in determing what planet rules what if your confused.

TopoftheAbyss said:

Mainruler:
The planet that rules the sign, where your asc is (where your 1st house starts)
https://cafeastrology.com/articles/sign-rulerships.html

Co-Ruler:
-All planets within your 1st house
-if your asc is in a sign that have naturally co-rulers
-the sign where your first house ENDs, the ruling planets are your co-rulers

slyscorpion said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

Your chart ruler is the planet that rules the sign your ascendant is in (in the case of signs like Scorpio Aquarius or pisces the Chart ruler would be the main ruler of that sign (the outer planet) and the planet that co rules it (the traditional ruler of the sign) is your co ruler. If the planet ruling your first house is also in your first house (isn't this redundant?) as well its not co ruler but your chart ruler this may mean its in its home sign which is a good thing for the most part as its energies are more naturally and eaisly expressed.
I have no idea of what you're trying to say.
Like I said I have no planet ruling the sign my ascendant is in but I have Saturn in my first house and in the sign next to the ascending sign (anti clock wise) and Saturn's shitty energies have always been with me; and some astrologers say that the chart ruler is the one found on the first house.

TopoftheAbyss said:

Let me give you an example.

04_chart4y.png

Ruler:
His Asc is in Gemini, this makes MERCURY his Main-Ruler.

CO-Rulers:
-Gemini has only Mercury as Ruler, so no "Natural Co-Rulers"

-No Planets in his 1st house so, no Co-Rulers from the 1st house as well.

-The first house ends in Cancer: Cancers Ruler is the MOON -> The Moon is his Co-Ruler

Results:
Ruler: MErcury
Co-Ruler: Moon

- you can have only 1 Main ruler (the strongest planet) BUT you can have MANY Co-Rulers

Another thing, I have north/true node conjunct sun and it says I was born on an eclipse but there was no eclipse the day I was born (it happened earlier).

TopoftheAbyss said:

another Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

His Ruler is:
Neptune

His Co-Rulers are:
-Jupiter (Natural Co-Roler of Pisces)
-Saturn (Planet in his 1st house)
-Mars (Ruler of the sign, where his 1st house ends)

slyscorpion said:
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Noted_Planetary_Placements.html
TopoftheAbyss said:
slyscorpion said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

Your chart ruler is the planet that rules the sign your ascendant is in (in the case of signs like Scorpio Aquarius or pisces the Chart ruler would be the main ruler of that sign (the outer planet) and the planet that co rules it (the traditional ruler of the sign) is your co ruler. If the planet ruling your first house is also in your first house (isn't this redundant?) as well its not co ruler but your chart ruler this may mean its in its home sign which is a good thing for the most part as its energies are more naturally and eaisly expressed.
Like I said I have no planet ruling the sign my ascendant is in but I have Saturn in my first house and in the sign next to the ascending sign (anti clock wise) and Saturn's shitty energies have always been with me; and some astrologers say that the chart ruler is the one found on the first house.

I quoted the link to the page on the rulers of various signs that tells you what planet(s) rule each sign. Every sign has a ruler. If the sign is not Capricorn on your ascendant that would mean Saturn is a co ruler if its in the first house in the sign next to it. Saturn also is co ruler of Aquarius no matter where Saturn is in the Chart.

Anyways you do have a chart ruler. Here i will try to explain this. Lets say you have Taurus on your Ascendant. Your ruler would be venus no matter where it is in your chart. Lets say you have Virgo on Your Ascendant your chart ruler is Mercury no matter where it is in your chart. This is just an example See the page on what planets rule each sign and you will know your ascendant.

So Saturn is your co ruler not your main ruler from the sound of it and yes that is a sucky place for it to be but this doesnt mean you cant have a good life. I have Saturn in an equally sucky place and as co ruler. I am ok it is possible to still be free and have a positive life.

NinRick said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

another Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

His Ruler is:
Neptune

His Co-Rulers are:
None of them have planets in their ASC.

slyscorpion said:
slyscorpion said:
TopoftheAbyss said:
slyscorpion said:

I quoted the link to the page on the rulers of various signs that tells you what planet(s) rule each sign. Every sign has a ruler. If the sign is not Capricorn on your ascendant that would mean Saturn is a co ruler if its in the first house in the sign next to it. Saturn also is co ruler of Aquarius no matter where Saturn is in the Chart.

Anyways you do have a chart ruler. Here i will try to explain this. Lets say you have Taurus on your Ascendant. Your ruler would be venus no matter where it is in your chart. Lets say you have Virgo on Your Ascendant your chart ruler is Mercury no matter where it is in your chart. This is just an example See the page on what planets rule each sign and you will know your ascendant.

So Saturn is your co ruler not your main ruler from the sound of it and yes that is a sucky place for it to be but this doesnt mean you cant have a good life. I have Saturn in an equally sucky place and as co ruler. I am ok it is possible to still be free and have a positive life.
I think I understand. The chart ruler is the natural ruler of the ASC.

NinRick said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

another Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

His Ruler is:
Neptune

His Co-Rulers are:

I dont think Mars is a co-ruler here the 2nd house in this case would be ruled by Mars. Only the planet(s) ruling the sign on the cusp of a house rule it.

slyscorpion said:
NinRick said:
TopoftheAbyss said:

another Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

His Ruler is:
Neptune

His Co-Rulers are:

I dont think Mars is a co-ruler here the 2nd house in this case would be ruled by Mars. Only the planet(s) ruling the sign on the cusp of a house rule it.

THE ALL IMPORTANT CHART RULER
The chart ruler is the ruler of the sign on the ascendant. In cases where there is a sign intercepted in the first house, or a sign such as Scorpio, which is ruled by both Pluto [its main ruler] and co-ruler Mars, and any planets in the first house, these are co-rulers. The main and foremost chart ruler is the planet that is the primary ruler of the sign on the ascendant and this planet represents you. The chart ruler is the most important planet and is secondary to none.

The above is straight from the JoS.

Isn’t an intercepted sign, a sign where the 1st house ends? I mean if your 1st house is big, then it could swallow another sign whole (not intercept it) and cut the following sign (intercept it), or am I understanding it wrong?

NinRick said:
slyscorpion said:
NinRick said:
another Example:

maxresdefault.jpg

His Ruler is:
Neptune

His Co-Rulers are:

The chart ruler is the ruler of the sign on the ascendant. In cases where there is a sign intercepted in the first house, or a sign such as Scorpio, which is ruled by both Pluto [its main ruler] and co-ruler Mars, and any planets in the first house, these are co-rulers. The main and foremost chart ruler is the planet that is the primary ruler of the sign on the ascendant and this planet represents you. The chart ruler is the most important planet and is secondary to none.

Isn’t an intercepted sign, a sign where the 1st house ends? I mean if your 1st house is big, then it could swallow another sign whole (not intercept it) and cut the following sign (intercept it), or am I understanding it wrong?

No an intercepted sign is where an entire sign is within a house and the house ends the sign after. I personally have an intercepted sign in the first house that sign is Pisces but i have no planets in the first house. In my chart my first house starts in Aquarius and ends in Aries. People born near the poles far up north or far down south (usually they have several interceptions sometimes even houses with two signs intercepted i think) must have a nightmare with some areas of their lives cause even one interception like this sometimes causes conflicts in personal energy and personality changes from time to time. My girlfriend has Aries intercepted with Mars in it in the 2nd house. That is really hard for her sometimes.

I personally believe this interception is cause i came here to help out in the transition to age of Aquarius. I understand and live out both energies.

slyscorpion said:
NinRick said:
slyscorpion said:

No an intercepted sign is where an entire sign is within a house and the house ends the sign after. I personally have an intercepted sign in the first house that sign is Pisces but i have no planets in the first house. In my chart my first house starts in Aquarius and ends in Aries. People born near the poles far up north or far down south (usually they have several interceptions sometimes even houses with two signs intercepted i think) must have a nightmare with some areas of their lives cause even one interception like this sometimes causes conflicts in personal energy and personality changes from time to time. My girlfriend has Aries intercepted with Mars in it in the 2nd house. That is really hard for her sometimes.

I personally believe this interception is cause i came here to help out in the transition to age of Aquarius. I understand and live out both energies.

Oh I see thanks

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back