Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

A broad question about the accuracy of astrology

For most of the known history of astrology, people didn't really concern themselves with the psychology natal astrology (like we do today) unless the person was important. Most questions a person would have could be answered with horary or elections. Meaning divination using the planets, to answer questions like "when will I get married" "where is my item" "will this voyage be successful" "will this business be successful" "will this marriage be successful" "will this transaction go through" "will I get this job" etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horary_astrology

In my experience, horary astrology is extremely accurate, and can actually give you a direct yes/no, or a play out of events.

94n said:
For most of the known history of astrology, people didn't really concern themselves with the psychology natal astrology (like we do today) unless the person was important. Most questions a person would have could be answered with horary or elections. Meaning divination using the planets, to answer questions like "when will I get married" "where is my item" "will this voyage be successful" "will this business be successful" "will this marriage be successful" "will this transaction go through" "will I get this job" etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horary_astrology

In my experience, horary astrology is extremely accurate, and can actually give you a direct yes/no, or a play out of events.

That's completely inaccurate. Astrology has always been a deep, soul science. Everyone in all levels of society knew the basics and everyone in the spiritual caste was a master of it. Ancient, Golden Age civilisation were based on deep understanding of oneself. One requires deep knowledge of themselves to get into deep understanding of spiritual alchemy. Only those who mastered themselves could achieve the Magnum Opus. The career sector was completely in line with the talents and interests of the one involved in that career. Education was based on talents and interests too and those were read from one's birth chart. Your statements only refer to the short period after the fall, which can't amount to "most" when compared to tens of millennia of Golden Age civilisations.

Known by whom? By you and New Agers. SS, shabbos and kikes know the truth.

Stormblood said:
That's completely inaccurate. Astrology has always been a deep, soul science. Everyone in all levels of society knew the basics and everyone in the spiritual caste was a master of it. Ancient, Golden Age civilisation were based on deep understanding of oneself. One requires deep knowledge of themselves to get into deep understanding of spiritual alchemy. Only those who mastered themselves could achieve the Magnum Opus. The career sector was completely in line with the talents and interests of the one involved in that career. Education was based on talents and interests too and those were read from one's birth chart. Your statements only refer to the short period after the fall, which can't amount to "most" when compared to tens of millennia of Golden Age civilisations.

Known by whom? By you and New Agers. SS, shabbos and kikes know the truth.

It's not "completely inaccurate" because you refuse to read my post for what it is. You're trying your hardest to misinterpret my post.

I am more than willing to have a conversation with you, but it's hard if you are already on the attacking. You lump me and equate me with some jewish movement. I've always been kind to you, I have always listened to you, and I'd appreciate it if you could give me the same courtesy back. I don't make personal comments towards you.

First of all, this person asked for how accurate astrology is a predictive technique. He asked for predictions, I gave him the easiest way of astrological predictions. Horary is simply one of the best and verifiable way, for doubters of astrology. It's extremely useful, so I directed the user to go search into it.

To say astrology is ONLY a deep soul science or personality reading isn't exactly accurate, because people also use it to predict the rise and fall of kingdoms, war, rituals,or even predicting the weather. And predicting events in one's life also. I'm sure astrology was used for that purpose too, for the soul, but its use is diverse and vast. Such as finding out when a VoC Moon is for example. The most optimal way to do things for various reasons, such as when to start a country.

And I said most of known history, which is the past 3000 or 4000 years, which are evidenced by archeological records and surviving ancient texts. You agree with this too, that it's after the fall. Most of the surviving texts go only from that far back.

The Chaldeans developed system, which spread culturally around that area (Egypt, etc.) and were further developed and perfected by the Greeks. Then it was lost during the rise of christianity. The Greeks said that the age of the Sun and Moon were the golden ages.

So, for most of the known history of astrology and from our surviving records we gained from this current system of astrology we have. Though you make it sound like you're practicing astrology from the golden ages, or have surviving texts from who knows how long ago, and using their techniques or methods of interpretation. If you do, then please share it with us.

The career sector was completely in line with the talents and interests of the one involved in that career. Education was based on talents and interests too and those were read from one's birth chart. Your statements only refer to the short period after the fall, which can't amount to "most" when compared to tens of millennia of Golden Age civilisations.

Finding careers through astrology. Sound a lot like today, right? ;)

94n said:
To say astrology is ONLY a deep soul science or personality reading isn't exactly accurate, because people also use it to predict the rise and fall of kingdoms, war, rituals,or even predicting the weather. And predicting events in one's life also. I'm sure astrology was used for that purpose too, for the soul, but its use is diverse and vast. Such as finding out when a VoC Moon is for example. The most optimal way to do things for various reasons, such as when to start a country.

Consider this. All that knowledge ultimately comes from knowing the essence of the country and the world, which astrology provides. In other words, the spiritual nature. A country's chart is the national consciousness of that countries, which is a kind of group consciousness the citizens of the country belong too. Like everything, there are structures and hierarchy in souls too. One's soul is connected to other collective consciousness. A country's consciousness is part of the racial consciousness... and so on. How the planets affect this in predictive astrology will show the things you talk about.

94n said:
And I said most of known history, which is the past 3000 or 4000 years, which are evidenced by archeological records and surviving ancient texts. You agree with this too, that it's after the fall. Most of the surviving texts go only from that far back.

The Chaldeans developed system, which spread culturally around that area (Egypt, etc.) and were further developed and perfected by the Greeks. Then it was lost during the rise of christianity. The Greeks said that the age of the Sun and Moon were the golden ages.

So, for most of the known history of astrology and from our surviving records we gained from this current system of astrology we have. Though you make it sound like you're practicing astrology from the golden ages, or have surviving texts from who knows how long ago, and using their techniques or methods of interpretation. If you do, then please share it with us.

Ever heard of jyotisha? In other words, Vedic astrology. Literally, the science of light. Vedic astrology is extremely accurate and the system from which the things you talked about come from. The only issue nowadays seems that Vedic astrologers lost the right methods to draw charts. However, if you use a chart calculated through the Chaldean system and apply the knowledge of jyotisha to read it, you'll be surprised of the accuracy.

Stormblood said:
94n said:

Consider this. All that knowledge ultimately comes from knowing the essence of the country and the world, which astrology provides. In other words, the spiritual nature. A country's chart is the national consciousness of that countries, which is a kind of group consciousness the citizens of the country belong too. Like everything, there are structures and hierarchy in souls too. One's soul is connected to other collective consciousness. A country's consciousness is part of the racial consciousness... and so on. How the planets affect this in predictive astrology will show the things you talk about.

This makes sense, and thank you for clarifying. The saying as above, so below, really applies here. This concept applies to even smaller concepts in astrology. Knowing that there's hundreds and thousands of planetary positions, can possibly help aid nations and countries on how to get out of disaster or how to time auspicious influences to national events. Rulers have always had an astrologer by their side to help guide them, and a lot of spiritual guidance. The ruling class are(were) the most spiritual people.

Ever heard of jyotisha? In other words, Vedic astrology. Literally, the science of light. Vedic astrology is extremely accurate and the system from which the things you talked about come from. The only issue nowadays seems that Vedic astrologers lost the right methods to draw charts. However, if you use a chart calculated through the Chaldean system and apply the knowledge of jyotisha to read it, you'll be surprised of the accuracy.

Stormblood, I'm curious about astrology of India. I'd like to hear your opinions on this, and I'm just pointing it out to show that how amazing it is that these ancient civilizations shared cultures and ideas.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_vedic2_e.htm

Reading this article, it seems 'Vedic' astrology is a term with hazy roots. Something interesting about indian astrology (practiced today) is that there's been arguments cropping up here and there, with some evidence, that it had a lot of ideas and practices that originated from the Greeks. This is highly contentious, but there's a linguistic argument to be made. Especially since now that we know there's been a massive cultural exchange happening throughout history. There were texts in Sanskrit detailing the practices of Greek astrology, which incorporated it into their system.

Astrology is vast and diverse, so maybe people didn't have a form of horoscopic astrology, but something more direct and in relation to the sky. And words from the Gods, which explains the teachings of the liturgical texts stating rules for specific events.

The point the article made is that astrology from India that's being practiced may not all have stemmed from the Vedas, but astrology developed into what it is today because of Greek discoveries. I want to point out, so that we do not have any misunderstanding, that this development is around a few millenniums old possibly after everything was lost.

I am way more inclined to believe that the original practice of astrology was lost somewhere in history, then was reinvented later on. Which is what we have today.

The Greek mystery school Hermes Trismigestus was influential in creating astrology and spreading its tenets, but information on this is scant. The old Greek practice was lost, and then was revived only until recently when we discovered many ancient Greek texts talking about astrology. A lot of Greek texts were also translated to latin, or arabic, or sanskrit, so a lot are second-hand accounts.

Also something you might like is that the word "Chaldean" to the Greeks, or civilizations around it that time, was synonymous with "spiritual" or "priestly." That's how influential and admired the Chaldeans were.

Something more recent is that the new age movement sparked a whole wave of astrology books and practices, but people were getting tried in the court of law due to how accurate the predictions were, so only watered down books were provided to the public, such as vague psychology to escape legal troubles.

It seems like if someone knows something, then it's kept secret. And if they share, they get in trouble. This is infuriating because they get lost in the hands of time.

It's a miracle that we get to practice astrology today at all.

94n said:

I'm not an expert in Vedic astrology.

Regarding your link, it seems that astro.com is as uneducated as always. They only thing that it does well enough is drawing charts, but it's very lacking when it comes to explaining even basic things. Vedic Astrology, not modern Hindu corruption of it, comes from the Rigveda. Of course it would have some similarities to Greek astrology, as Ancient Greece was once part of the global Vedic empire. Sanskrit was the spiritual language used by all the spiritual classes even in the times of Rome and druids.

For specific information on Vedic Astrology, it's better if you talk with Desdemona Diamandis here on the forums. She's the one who has showed having studied it in depth.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back