Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Nakshatras - Lunar Mansions

There is no such thing as Vedic zodiac or something... That's the marketing term. The only term Indians had was just Astrology and it means Moon movement through constellations which is 27 Nakshatras as you saw here - Reason for this is to find out your birth star, your star origin, star seed... It does not follow movement of the Sun in zodiac signs, "Vedic" Astrology has nothing to do with ZODIAC itself.

Nakshatra is there to tell your star origin and It is far advanced and more in depth than just Sun based movement in Zodiac signs if you ask me.

I am much more inclined to vedic astrology than western. After all, it came before Western.

Yes, it is much deeper. More onion layers to it than western, but western has its own merits as well.

I like to stick to Vedic. It is much more intricate and thorough, imo.

Also, there is a female occultist of the left hand path who is a vedic astrologer. She specializes in physical features of people according to nakshatra. It is very uncanny and she seems very knowledgeable. If you'd like to search her: her name is Claire Nakti. She is on multiple social medias. From her, I know how to figure out someone's moon, sun, and/or ascendant just by their facial structure, expression, and mannerism.

http://www.clairenakti.com

In western astrology, I often thought, for example, the interpretation for a sign is too broad. Not every Leo person (sun/moon/asc) is the same.

I read the nakshatra and the pada (4 different sectors within each nakshatra), and that explains much further how one Leo is different than another Leo.

Let's say I have a western Cancer moon 3*degrees. I read on cancer moon. But I find not every cancer moon is like western interpretation. Then I read the vedic. So 3*Cancer moon would be Gemini moon and nakshatra is Ardra, ruled by Rudra and is also known as Shiva. Although they are extremely emotionally sensitive folks (this fits the western interpretation as well), Ardra people can also be quite vindictive. They're ruled by Rahu, the north node. Rahu is highly ambitious for the material things in life. They want what they want and will get it at whatever cost. At its positive, they're hard working people, but at their worst, they are so arrogant and ungrateful. They receive aid and help from others to get what they want. In the end, they forget to say thanks. So they can also exploit. An adept at manipulation in order to achieve what they want. Which is why they can seemingly be a highly addictive person (addictive personality). Borderline obsessive as well. Yes. I have met Ardra people to be like this. It has always bogged my mind why cancer moon people (taking western way), can be such like that? Looking into the vedic, oh well there you go. That explains it.

So, for me, and I fully respect anyone's choice which system they like better, I gravitate towards the vedic astro.

And by the way, there is a western astrologer who utilizes the nakshatra. Only thing is, the names of each are in Greek, named after Greek gods and goddesses. His system is called Asterian Astrology. He says it was used by the Alexander the Great, i think his priests were the ones who learned it from the Vedic astrologers. You may do a search on Asterian Astrology.

All in all, vedic is the way, for me.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back