Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

North Node and south Node an important theme in the life

darkmonkey666

This area of life can be a theme that often plays out in the life. It can represent personality traits especially if it is in the first house which could be good or bad to cultivate or focus on. Its location in the chart represents an area of life that is often emphasized as a theme sort of like a lesson. The North Node in general represents the future (or present if your living it out) it also the South Node represents the past.

Often with the south node when people live it out although it may be more comfortable it brings negative luck and unhappiness. It is sort of like a second Saturn. It often represents a lesson the person must learn mostly not about Spirituality or spiritual things but how they live their own life or relationships to others. So often with the south node people will gravitate towards the negative traits of that sign especially if no other planets are in it or the planets that are there are badly aspected/placed or are/can be malefic planets.

So for example Pisces south node it the person would often feel sorry for others and help others at all costs. They would be prone to getting taken advantage and substance abuse. Prone to spiciness lack of organization etc. They would mostly attract negative experiences if they played out the south node.

I believe the nodes are usually one of the most important themes in the life or a polarity the person has in their life.

For example Aries Libra
Gemini Sagittarius
Cancer Capricorn
Etc

So the best advice is to learn the lesson you see in your life and cultivate the traits of the north node and minimize the traits of the south node.

This is doing something that will unlock your potential quite a bit and bring good luck and fortune too you. It will also bring much more happiness and will solve the south node issue or problem that is causing bad luck.

The negative Karma of the issue/problem the South node represents can be cleansed through meditation as well.

Be careful when you want to change or turn around your life in some way such as getting away from something negative not to focus all on the energy of the south node when you do this as that will lead to other unrelated problems in life not related to what your changing out of most likely.

Good luck.

slyscorpion said:

A South Node is not negative in entirety. One in Pisces causes one to be naturally very good with psychic ability, essentially a skill you carry over to this lifetime, this however is where insanity can come in with things like schizophrenia and delusion if not controlled or disciplined properly. The key factor is balancing this out with other forces that counter the negative aspects. Planets are known to offset the negativity of other planets, all energies work this way, the South Node is no different.

Through advancement, negative characteristics can be countered whilst still retaining and even empowering and improving the positives.

Thank you for writing this.

slyscorpion said:
Good luck.
what about a south node in aquarius conjunct retro uranus and moon in 9th house? I'm still trying to understand the nodes...

South Node and Virgo intercepted in the 7th house is a pain in the ass though. So I haven't seen this as positive. It mostly causes my partners to be people that used to be what I like but take on Virgo traits and have other issues. It doesn't really allow me to ever fully get what I want.

Ghost in the Machine said:
slyscorpion said:

A South Node is not negative in entirety. One in Pisces causes one to be naturally very good with psychic ability, essentially a skill you carry over to this lifetime, this however is where insanity can come in with things like schizophrenia and delusion if not controlled or disciplined properly. The key factor is balancing this out with other forces that counter the negative aspects. Planets are known to offset the negativity of other planets, all energies work this way, the South Node is no different.

Through advancement, negative characteristics can be countered whilst still retaining and even empowering and improving the positives.

Thank you for writing this.

Big Dipper said:
slyscorpion said:
Good luck.
what about a south node in aquarius conjunct retro uranus and moon in 9th house? I'm still trying to understand the nodes...

So you would want to do a moon square most likely or working to offset anything negative i am guessing. This might not be all bad like people are saying it means you were heavily manifesting the energies of those planets in your past life.

The problem with South node is sometimes things seem to not manifest in a positive way with it but it does feel familiar I talked to someone who had their ruling planet within one degree of my South node once very familiar yet something I didnt really like about the person was my reaction and I felt frustrated with them but liked them at the same time. It may be something you are gifted at but it could not manifest positive this time. Maybe like ghost in the machine said try to focus on positive things to offset anything negative.

slyscorpion said:
South Node and Virgo intercepted in the 7th house is a pain in the ass though. So I haven't seen this as positive. It mostly causes my partners to be people that used to be what I like but take on Virgo traits and have other issues. It doesn't really allow me to ever fully get what I want.
What are "virgo traits"? I can't find anything like that on the astrology page- only that they have bowl issues. My south node is 1 degree from my retro uranus and 5 from my moon in aquarius... maybe i'll invent a new spatula? It's also square saturn

Big Dipper said:
slyscorpion said:
What are "virgo traits"? I can't find anything like that on the astrology page- only that they have bowl issues. My south node is 1 degree from my retro uranus and 5 from my moon in aquarius... maybe i'll invent a new spatula? It's also square saturn

You literally can read pages outside the Jos on the node issues. Some of them can be quite helpful. The oddest thing is while i have this in my chart (south node Libra 7th house) my partner has south node in Virgo 7th house. Virgo traits if you want to know read about sun in Virgo or any article on a Virgo. The JOS really doesn't have anything on the south node right now but you can look this up then use your own judgment on it. As long as you ignore the new agy concept of karma these people have its pretty useful. In general my experience is embracing the north node more is the new or present the south node the past. I guess I could say if we embrace the positives of the sign the south node is in it won't be as bad from what GITM said. Not sure what skills my south node would bring though its not really anywhere that is that helpful to me. The problem with south node is people more often tend to take on negative traits of the sign or planet that is closely conjunct it i guess. If you can its probably helpful for anyone to do planitary workings or squares to offset any planet that may be conjunct the south node. It was said in vedic literature that this was like Saturn. Which is why no matter what they say I wouldn't recommend doing any mantras they talk about on this. Cause really no one has any clue what they actually mean most likely.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back