Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is Pollux in Gemini or Cancer?

Shael

So, the JoS page about Astrological Degrees and Fixed Stars says this:

POLLUX - [23 degrees of Cancer]
Pollux gives athletic ability, and is favorable for martial artists, boxers, fighters and warriors. This star is bad for the eyesight, and can bring injuries to the eyes and face. There can be connections with poisons. Honors are often followed by disgrace, and possible imprisonment. There can be a cruel, subtle, and scheming nature.

But I googled it and it says that Pollux is in the constellation Gemini. So where is it now? Is the info about it on that JoS page inaccurate, or perhaps the positions of the stars are calculated in some different way? Someone please clarify.

13th_Wolf said:
WiseDragon said:

Shael said:

Pollux gives athletic ability, and is favorable for martial artists, boxers, fighters and warriors. This star is bad for the eyesight, and can bring injuries to the eyes and face. There can be connections with poisons. Honors are often followed by disgrace, and possible imprisonment. There can be a cruel, subtle, and scheming nature.

But I googled it and it says that Pollux is in the constellation Gemini. So where is it now? Is the info about it on that JoS page inaccurate, or perhaps the positions of the stars are calculated in some different way? Someone please clarify.

13th_Wolf said:
WiseDragon said:

The constellations are separate from the signs. They move, along with their fixed stars whereas the zodiac's 30 degree allotments always remain in position. It's probably to do with the Earth's relation to the outer of space, space itself definitely doesn't have 'zodiac signs' it constantly moves. The zodiac signs are of Earth.

Earth rotates around the Sun constantly, but the Sun is mostly fixed in its motion as a star. The reason the zodiac remains in its fixed position is because it relates to the Sun and Earth, not any other outer bodies. The houses are created from the Earth's position in relation to the Sun and Moon, and also the Earth's tilt- which is why the houses every year are always random, as the exact specification of the Earth's tilt in this process constantly varies.

Also, the constellation's crossing over into other signs I believe, is a necessary thing we are supposed to observe, that astrology is a material process and not based on superstition and fiction. I believe it was intended by the Gods to be that way to encourage our elaboration on exactly how within a 'sign' the expression of a cosmic body could differ from the wholesale description of the entire sign. There is detracting elements among each 30 degrees of a sign, which give rise to expressions of other things which could be described as not at all likewise to that 'sign' , decans are the line you have to follow in thinking on this.I don't think the zodiac's 30 degree format should change based on that, but it should change based on our knowledge of the Sun, which is minimal considering the state of our exploration of space. If we understand how the Sun moves amidst the universe, milky way or whatever, then it makes sense the 30 degree allotments should also change as yes, the constellations surrounding our solar system have constant activity going on which also relates to our Sun's position and defines our zodiac signs.

*Note- 30 degrees is important, there are 3 qualities, 3 signs to each element forming trines with one another (120', 1+2=3, 4 30's adds to 120 and there are 4 total elements themselves. 4 is an important Satanic number and relates to Cancer. Triplicities is also something I'm discovering which I'm unsure of but it's also significant for this 3 thing. 3 is the meshing of all influences.)*

Back on the point of the expansiveness of the 30 degree allotments, we liken all these other subtle seeming influences within a sign to the decans which are the 3 10' sections of a sign, but ultimately there are even fiery/airy Martian influences like Pollux, in the 23' of the water sign of Cancer. This influence of Pollux is interesting because it blends fire and martial expressions into a water sign, meaning say if you had your Mercury over it in Cancer for example, one would relate somewhat to some other description of Mercury (in Aries probably) even if their Mercury was unaspected, one may feel like a Mercury/Mars aspect for example even if it's not there in the chart.

What if the particular star has exploded? Or transformed in someway that one couldn't intuit? Would this change the understanding of the Planet you have in the degree before it as well?

Pollux is in Cancer, but when it and Castor were first written of by the Greeks I'm assuming they were in Gemini.

Shael said:

13th_Wolf said:
WiseDragon said:
In addition of what 13th_Wolf said, i can give you an example of how this star manifested itself in the life of a famous MMA fighter, Conor McGregor.
He has IC at 21°36', the Sun in the exact same point, and the Moon at 23°.
Well he is extremely talented (not the strongest since he did't work as much as he could have), he had tremendous success with MMA, and then was arrested several times. Also there was damage to the face, with cuts and blood in one fight.
As you can see the star manifested almost at 100%, so this is just a pratical case that proves what's written on the JoS.

13th_Wolf said:
Shael said:

13th_Wolf said:
WiseDragon said:

The constellations are separate from the signs. They move, along with their fixed stars whereas the zodiac's 30 degree allotments always remain in position. It's probably to do with the Earth's relation to the outer of space, space itself definitely doesn't have 'zodiac signs' it constantly moves. The zodiac signs are of Earth.

Earth rotates around the Sun constantly, but the Sun is mostly fixed in its motion as a star. The reason the zodiac remains in its fixed position is because it relates to the Sun and Earth, not any other outer bodies. The houses are created from the Earth's position in relation to the Sun and Moon, and also the Earth's tilt- which is why the houses every year are always random, as the exact specification of the Earth's tilt in this process constantly varies.

Also, the constellation's crossing over into other signs I believe, is a necessary thing we are supposed to observe, that astrology is a material process and not based on superstition and fiction. I believe it was intended by the Gods to be that way to encourage our elaboration on exactly how within a 'sign' the expression of a cosmic body could differ from the wholesale description of the entire sign. There is detracting elements among each 30 degrees of a sign, which give rise to expressions of other things which could be described as not at all likewise to that 'sign' , decans are the line you have to follow in thinking on this.I don't think the zodiac's 30 degree format should change based on that, but it should change based on our knowledge of the Sun, which is minimal considering the state of our exploration of space. If we understand how the Sun moves amidst the universe, milky way or whatever, then it makes sense the 30 degree allotments should also change as yes, the constellations surrounding our solar system have constant activity going on which also relates to our Sun's position and defines our zodiac signs.

*Note- 30 degrees is important, there are 3 qualities, 3 signs to each element forming trines with one another (120', 1+2=3, 4 30's adds to 120 and there are 4 total elements themselves. 4 is an important Satanic number and relates to Cancer. Triplicities is also something I'm discovering which I'm unsure of but it's also significant for this 3 thing. 3 is the meshing of all influences.)*

Back on the point of the expansiveness of the 30 degree allotments, we liken all these other subtle seeming influences within a sign to the decans which are the 3 10' sections of a sign, but ultimately there are even fiery/airy Martian influences like Pollux, in the 23' of the water sign of Cancer. This influence of Pollux is interesting because it blends fire and martial expressions into a water sign, meaning say if you had your Mercury over it in Cancer for example, one would relate somewhat to some other description of Mercury (in Aries probably) even if their Mercury was unaspected, one may feel like a Mercury/Mars aspect for example even if it's not there in the chart.

What if the particular star has exploded? Or transformed in someway that one couldn't intuit? Would this change the understanding of the Planet you have in the degree before it as well?

Pollux is in Cancer, but when it and Castor were first written of by the Greeks I'm assuming they were in Gemini.

Wait wait wait I do not really understand it...
Pollux and Castor are a part of the constellation of Gemini... but they are in the sign of cancer.. what? xD
Shouldn’t the signs relate to the constellations and therefore move with them?

http://utahsadventurefamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/geminiconstL.jpg

NinRick said:
13th_Wolf said:
Shael said:

Wait wait wait I do not really understand it...
Pollux and Castor are a part of the constellation of Gemini... but they are in the sign of cancer.. what? xD
Shouldn’t the signs relate to the constellations and therefore move with them?

http://utahsadventurefamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/geminiconstL.jpg

It's a hard thing to conceptualise unless I had a drawing board. The mythos surrounding Pollux and Castor are related with the sign of Cancer, if my feeling there is right. It totally makes sense. The constellations move within the zodiac signs but the zodiac signs are always fixed. If the zodiac signs moved we would have a system of accounting for this in natal chart astrology, but we know the constellations do shift as their recorded positions (within the zodiac) moved. For example in the year 37 AD (Nero's birthday) Pollux was in 26' in the sign Gemini. Today it's moved to 23' Cancer.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back