Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Book Recommendations

HotCoil

Please can anyone recommend some books or resources that I can study to begin learning astrology?

Very keen to learn...

https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/FURCAS.html

This site teaches you everything on how to start, if you go through all the pages. On it there's a link to the the natal chart generator, Astrodienst, which is the one most people here use. It can be hard to read where exactly is the planets or aspects at first, when I started I used this website: https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php
So I could see what my chart is without having to picture a bunch of stuff with lines, see all the degrees, tiny annoying symbols and whatnot lol (those symbols stop becoming annoying once you do get into it). This site lists all the planets and placements for you in a table format, the aspects as well with the degrees and aspect orbs separate in the tables and looking more organised and easier. You can read the "The Planets: Their House Positions, Signs and Aspects" page on AA and match it with what shows on this screen. The comparison between the person and the chart is all up to you then. It's easier to do that part when you understand drawn up natal charts, so after a while you will want to move to Astrodienst properly and learn to read the whole natal charts (on the cafeastrology site it doesn't show you the house positions and other information so clearly).

As for books and so on out there, a lot of it is bullshit, but some books are more 70-90% truth if you get what I mean, there's still some crap you have to sift through but not so much. I've been reading personally Oner Doser's Astrological Prediction: A Handbook of Techniques and also have 2 more lined up: Hellenistic Astrology- The Study of Fate and Fortune by Chris Brennan, and Astrological Judgement of Diseases from the Decumbiture of the Sick which is an old book by Nicholas Culpeper who was a physician during the English Civil war of the 1600's.

For books to study, I'd say just go with your instinct and your Mind's awareness + Gut feeling on it. Of course people here also post relevant books on the forum for you to look into. If you are deeply interested, surprisingly, what you need to do is read all sources especially on the signs, regardless of what they say. From Instagram to Astro.com. You have to view it all from a detached angle and not totally lump it and identify it with yourself and all your ideas completely. Veer away from the typical horoscope-y cliques of people who a lot of them just use the supposed vagueness of astrology to bullshit people. As you read more and more different opinions on the same stuff, with Azazel's astrology in tow, it'll give you an understanding of how everything "sort of" differs from eachother just as much as the different signs and things are clearly different from eachother, the JoS shows you what's clearly different and separate in meaning, which can be complicated to new learners but it means that you don't need to get deceived on stuff. There's a synchronicity in all of astrology, which is easily used to abuse the gullible. Azazel's astrology stops gullibility because you can always refer back to it and it's legit, but it doesn't cover everything. What it does cover though, it does 100% with some extra details missed out, I know if they were there, it would be more confusing for new people reading it.

Thank you so much for your help. I took your advice and first read through AA. I generated my own natal chart and went through it whilst referring back. To really drill in meanings and to learn chart interpretation, I took an online course and most of the information was similar to basic information present in AA.

I'm still a little unsure on houses in event charts. I understand the concept of the sun sign representing the '1st house' and each corresponding sign/house representing different areas of the subject's life, but this would be relevant to 1/12th of the population. Natal charts also seem to have a very specific house layout starting from the ascendant - is this layout significant in any way to an individual?

I guess there's still much to learn, but I'll keep at it - and will eventually get around to those books you've recommended.

13th_Wolf said:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back