Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Planetary Returns question

Well the solar return gives an overall view of the year ahead. Each planetary return is cast the moment it enters the same sign and degree of the position of that planet in your natal chart. This will give you a look into your future in regards to the affairs ruled by that specific planet. Venus, for example rules love, creativity, beauty and money. So these are the things that will be at play.

To illustrate more clearly on how a different planetary return is cast, it’s like this. Perhaps your Venus is 2 degrees Aquarius. Well every time transiting Venus hits 2 degrees Aquarius, a Venus return is drawn. (And actually it’s more precise then just 2 degrees, but gives you an idea)

A solar return is cast once a year, more or less exactly. Give or take a day or two. Other planetary returns aren’t as exact. And not always yearly. The outer planets take longer. The inner planets can be shorter. There’s also retrogrades that can slow things down.

The chart that is drawn looks identical to a natal chart and is read similarly. You’re just seeing the upcoming forecast of affairs in your life ruled by that planet. It’s good info to know.

Eric13 said:
Well the solar return gives an overall view of the year ahead. Each planetary return is cast the moment it enters the same sign and degree of the position of that planet in your natal chart. This will give you a look into your future in regards to the affairs ruled by that specific planet. Venus, for example rules love, creativity, beauty and money. So these are the things that will be at play.

To illustrate more clearly on how a different planetary return is cast, it’s like this. Perhaps your Venus is 2 degrees Aquarius. Well every time transiting Venus hits 2 degrees Aquarius, a Venus return is drawn. (And actually it’s more precise then just 2 degrees, but gives you an idea)

A solar return is cast once a year, more or less exactly. Give or take a day or two. Other planetary returns aren’t as exact. And not always yearly. The outer planets take longer. The inner planets can be shorter. There’s also retrogrades that can slow things down.

The chart that is drawn looks identical to a natal chart and is read similarly. You’re just seeing the upcoming forecast of affairs in your life ruled by that planet. It’s good info to know.

So for an example, if I were to have a Venus return it would cast a chart, but for every time it squares my natal would there be a chance at money or a date? is it the same with opposition? And is there something that will happen when it returns, or is it only to cast a chart, or both? Thanks
*finger pistols*

Big Dipper said:
So for an example, if I were to have a Venus return it would cast a chart, but for every time it squares my natal would there be a chance at money or a date? is it the same with opposition? And is there something that will happen when it returns, or is it only to cast a chart, or both? Thanks
As Venus progresses and makes aspects to other planets these can act as triggers for certain events. Otherwise you have to look at the individual return to see the details of the forecast ahead. Squares generally aren't auspicious.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back