Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Intercepted Ascendant sign

darkmonkey666

I might as well ask on here what your thoughts are on this. I have an idea of what it means but I’d like to be sure.

My intercepted sign is Pisces that is fully in my first house. There is no planets in this sign nor are there any planets in Virgo in my 7th house which is a placement I find sort of problematic in the traits it attracts in some of my partners over the years. I actually enjoy Pisces energy though.

What I take it means is it is a part of how my personality is and how I view the world. Which sign would be more important though.

Or does this not matter much.

Having Pisces intercepted in your 1st House adds some additional nuance to your personality as I understand it. First and foremost, you're a Rising Aquarius, so Uranus is your chart ruler and has the most significance. Whatever sign your Uranus is in will also lend much of its traits to your personality.

Pisces intercepted gives you Neptune and Jupiter as co-rulers of your 1st House, so these, too, will represent you and your personality in a similar manner to your chart ruler Uranus. They just won't be as important as Uranus since intercepted signs are weaker in influence and your actual Ascendant is somewhere in Aquarius. It could also be possible, though I can't say this with absolute certainty, that Neptune has more influence as your co-ruler over Jupiter since Neptune actually rules Pisces and Jupiter co-rules it.

Pisces intercepted in the 1st House means Virgo is intercepted in your 7th; I'm not too sure what information you're interested in on that particular subject, but your Descendant is in Leo so the people you attract will tend to have a Leo emphasis primarily. One woman's chart I read who has her Descendant in Leo with Virgo not intercepted in the 7th primarily dated Solar Leos and is currently married to one.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
Having Pisces intercepted in your 1st House adds some additional nuance to your personality as I understand it. First and foremost, you're a Rising Aquarius, so Uranus is your chart ruler and has the most significance. Whatever sign your Uranus is in will also lend much of its traits to your personality.

Pisces intercepted gives you Neptune and Jupiter as co-rulers of your 1st House, so these, too, will represent you and your personality in a similar manner to your chart ruler Uranus. They just won't be as important as Uranus since intercepted signs are weaker in influence and your actual Ascendant is somewhere in Aquarius. It could also be possible, though I can't say this with absolute certainty, that Neptune has more influence as your co-ruler over Jupiter since Neptune actually rules Pisces and Jupiter co-rules it.

Pisces intercepted in the 1st House means Virgo is intercepted in your 7th; I'm not too sure what information you're interested in on that particular subject, but your Descendant is in Leo so the people you attract will tend to have a Leo emphasis primarily. One woman's chart I read who has her Descendant in Leo with Virgo not intercepted in the 7th primarily dated Solar Leos and is currently married to one.

Yes the placement of Uranus does desribe me a lot in personality and focus. I’d say I think the Pisces thing is the shyness in my personality sometimes and being quiet and kind of reflective creative in some ways but it is not as strong as Aquarius is however sometimes I am less able to stick up for myself than I would want to like I have seen some Pisces rising individuals complain about from time to time. However I am working on it lol. I did get taken advantage of a lot over the years.

In dating

Strangely every person I have ever dated has a lot of planets and emphasis on Capricorn or Sagittarius or both (I have had a chance to see two of those Charts and the third person had a vibe like this was their emphasis and acted like it) but it’s never fully worked out to be what I want it to be fully as in I’d want to commit to that person forever. I have never seen Leo emphasis in anyone I meet partner or friends. I’d be interested in knowing how it would work out with someone like that.

slyscorpion said:
Yes the placement of Uranus does desribe me a lot in personality and focus. I’d say I think the Pisces thing is the shyness in my personality sometimes and being quiet and kind of reflective creative in some ways but it is not as strong as Aquarius is however sometimes I am less able to stick up for myself than I would want to like I have seen some Pisces rising individuals complain about from time to time. However I am working on it lol. I did get taken advantage of a lot over the years.

In dating

Strangely every person I have ever dated has a lot of planets and emphasis on Capricorn or Sagittarius or both (I have had a chance to see two of those Charts and the third person had a vibe like this was their emphasis and acted like it) but it’s never fully worked out to be what I want it to be fully as in I’d want to commit to that person forever. I have never seen Leo emphasis in anyone I meet partner or friends. I’d be interested in knowing how it would work out with someone like that.

Those are all definite traits of Pisces that you listed; shy, prone to taking abuse, creative, etc.. On top of that, it rarely surprises me to see Satanists with Pisces emphasized in their charts due to the sign's affiliation with spirituality and meditation.

Regarding dating and friendship, when you looked at these people's charts, did you know the position of their Ascendant? In regards to dudes that I've liked in the past, they tend to have a Libra emphasis, and if they don't have any planets in Libra then usually they'll have a cardinal angle in Libra, typically the Ascendant.

Planets can factor in here as well. The placement of my Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn all cause me to have a particular fondness for people with a Capricorn emphasis. In the past couple of years, there were two guys that I got close to - one I dated, the other we just fooled around some - and in both cases, their Venuses formed very exact aspects to mine, within one degree. Their Saturns also formed aspects to my Venus and chart ruler, so you can imagine how it ultimately panned out.

slyscorpion said:

In dating

Those are all definite traits of Pisces that you listed; shy, prone to taking abuse, creative, etc.. On top of that, it rarely surprises me to see Satanists with Pisces emphasized in their charts due to the sign's affiliation with spirituality and meditation.

Regarding dating and friendship, when you looked at these people's charts, did you know the position of their Ascendant? In regards to dudes that I've liked in the past, they tend to have a Libra emphasis, and if they don't have any planets in Libra then usually they'll have a cardinal angle in Libra, typically the Ascendant.

Planets can factor in here as well. The placement of my Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn all cause me to have a particular fondness for people with a Capricorn emphasis. In the past couple of years, there were two guys that I got close to - one I dated, the other we just fooled around some - and in both cases, their Venuses formed very exact aspects to mine, within one degree. Their Saturns also formed aspects to my Venus and chart ruler, so you can imagine how it ultimately panned out.

2 of these individuals were Aquarius Ascendant the other I don’t know. I met a person awhile back who I talked to for awhile but didn’t date she was Aries rising but Mars in Aquarius. My current partner is Aquarius rising conjunct Mercury in Aquarius. Current partner My Saturn is conjunct her Venus and her Saturn is Conjunct my Neptune interesting. I don’t remember some of these other charts that well cause it was a long time ago. I do notice a trend here though.

slyscorpion said:
2 of these individuals were Aquarius Ascendant the other I don’t know. I met a person awhile back who I talked to for awhile but didn’t date she was Aries rising but Mars in Aquarius. My current partner is Aquarius rising conjunct Mercury in Aquarius. Current partner My Saturn is conjunct her Venus and her Saturn is Conjunct my Neptune interesting. I don’t remember some of these other charts that well cause it was a long time ago. I do notice a trend here though.

A lot of those make sense, a person's Ascendant/chart ruler being in the same sign as yours - especially if in your 1st House - is a positive thing in synastry. Unsurprisingly I tend to enjoy people with an Aries emphasis as a Rising Aries. One dude I have a bit of a physical fondness for right now has his Jupiter in Aries. Regarding Saturn and Neptune, I'm admittedly unfamiliar with how those two planets work in synastry, but it is an interesting pairing considering your Saturn is conjunct her Venus and her Saturn is forming what's considered a hard aspect to your co-ruler. I presume there are other aspects involved that help foster the relationship. My ex and I were together for over a year and initially had good times in spite of his Saturn trining my Venus and chart ruler. I feel this likely had something to do with our Venuses being exactly inconjunct; same degree and everything. Problem there is how incompatible the inconjunction can be. Whenever I read about how people with Venus in the signs inconjunct my Venus sign are, it's largely a turn off to me. I find that the conjunction, trine and sextile are predictably the best aspects for two people's Venuses. Opposition could perhaps be thrown in there, too; I could definitely see myself with someone whose Venus and/or Mars are opposite mine.

slyscorpion said:

A lot of those make sense, a person's Ascendant/chart ruler being in the same sign as yours - especially if in your 1st House - is a positive thing in synastry. Unsurprisingly I tend to enjoy people with an Aries emphasis as a Rising Aries. One dude I have a bit of a physical fondness for right now has his Jupiter in Aries. Regarding Saturn and Neptune, I'm admittedly unfamiliar with how those two planets work in synastry, but it is an interesting pairing considering your Saturn is conjunct her Venus and her Saturn is forming what's considered a hard aspect to your co-ruler. I presume there are other aspects involved that help foster the relationship. My ex and I were together for over a year and initially had good times in spite of his Saturn trining my Venus and chart ruler. I feel this likely had something to do with our Venuses being exactly inconjunct; same degree and everything. Problem there is how incompatible the inconjunction can be. Whenever I read about how people with Venus in the signs inconjunct my Venus sign are, it's largely a turn off to me. I find that the conjunction, trine and sextile are predictably the best aspects for two people's Venuses. Opposition could perhaps be thrown in there, too; I could definitely see myself with someone whose Venus and/or Mars are opposite mine.

Signs right next to yours in important planets can be almost as problematic as the inconjunct in my experience. They might have a few similar things or interests that kind of lead you on at first because each sign kind of leads into the theme of the next one but it is kind of a reaction to the previous sign in a way as well I have noticed.

So what ends up happening is you eventually realize you really don’t have anything in common below the surface level and the instinct is always there to rebel or react against each other in some way.

I suppose if people can adjust that’s not a problem but I don’t see that happening very often with this.

I forgot example my current partner is Aquarius rising Uranus in Capricorn I am Aquarius rising Uranus in Sagittarius another one I noted with the exact same reaction was I had a friend for a bit with moon in Gemini I am moon in Cancer.

There has never failed to be the same types of arguements and even hostility sometimes in my case dealing with the areas of life these planets rule on my part and the person in question.

I might take an inconjunct or square over that cause while you don’t understand each other at least it’s connected and because of that there might be more understanding between the two people

slyscorpion said:
I forgot example my current partner is Aquarius rising Uranus in Capricorn I am Aquarius rising Uranus in Sagittarius another one I noted with the exact same reaction was I had a friend for a bit with moon in Gemini I am moon in Cancer.

There has never failed to be the same types of arguements and even hostility sometimes in my case dealing with the areas of life these planets rule on my part and the person in question.

I might take an inconjunct or square over that cause while you don’t understand each other at least it’s connected and because of that there might be more understanding between the two people

This just approved and got posted? Wow this is from back in April anyways I get along much better with her now. At this time she wasn't dedicated and we both have done a lot of cleansing. We get along pretty good now.

slyscorpion said:
slyscorpion said:

This just approved and got posted? Wow this is from back in April anyways I get along much better with her now. At this time she wasn't dedicated and we both have done a lot of cleansing. We get along pretty good now.

Awesome stuff. In response to what you stated then though, with planets the sign over they do have some relation by being in the same direction and also in terms of the dynamics of the qualities. They flow from one another. The beginning of the energies would be Capricorn and the ending Aquarius. I'm guessing the spiritual side is on her end and you relate the things here, and in terms of being involved in groups and conventions concerning the attainment of spiritual knowledge. A semi-sextile isn't necessary because both signs relate to one another through rulership and have functions that pertain to eachother.

In terms of spiritually I bet you have an awesome relationship. I mean, you are an astrologer person...on HERE!

There's only a few of us lol. "Astrology is the highest form of divination"

Feels good man :lol:

slyscorpion said:
slyscorpion said:

I remember this thread, how interesting.

One thought that crossed my mind re-reading it is how semi-sextiles can have that similar degree of incompatibility, but one again has to consider how Houses factor in. While the love traits of people with Venuses semi-sextile to mine aren't compatible with my own, due to the placement of my Venus, those people have their Venuses in Houses that both indicate positive synastry. The signs inconjunct my Venus sign are in Houses that aren't too bad for Venus - one of these Houses I rather like, quite a bit, and it's also where my Pluto is - but the synastry implications aren't as endearing to me.

Wow I found this entire thread to be so helpful. I also have an intercepted 1st and 7th house. Pisces being in the 1st house and Virgo in the 7th. It explains a lot. I was very shy and still can be. And also I read people with these placements don’t understand how to assert themselves in their relationships. Struggling with the self and relationships. I also found it made it hard to read my chart. With my 7th house in Virgo I found myself relating more to 7th house in Leo. My husband has a libra stellium and a lot of planets in the fifth house. Which is very much Leo energy. I don’t have anyone in my life like me. I surround myself with huge personalities which makes it feel like I don’t belong yet I am so attracted to them. I oddly find them comforting. Like letting them shine will allow me to sit in the shadows with no one questioning it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back