Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

what do these things mean?

Big Dipper

In the dark. With the Pearls and the Sharks.
hi, so im trying to understand more on astrology so ill use some person's chart I know.

So this person has 3 planets in his aquarius; retro Neptune, retro Uranus, and moon conjuct with Uranus. Neptune is on the cusp ( I think since it is in the beginning of aquarius not at the end) in the 8th house and retro Uranus conjuct moon in 9th house. what does this mean? also what is true node? no one seems to know what that is.

more questions on the way.

Much of this information I'm getting from Azazel's Astrology on JoS, but I'll try to put it in my own words.

Retrograde planets turn the energies inward and can cause delays for the Houses they're within as well as the Houses the planet rules via cusp placement. I'm gathering from what you shared here that this individual has Aquarius on the cusp of their 9th House; this, in combination with retrograde Uranus being posited in the 9th House can cause delays/problems in matters relating to higher education, philosophy/religion, travel to foreign places, and so on. 9th House matters, essentially. This can manifest in a number of different ways, such as a person not completing higher education until later in life, experiencing troubles in traveling to other countries or not traveling until later in life (This latter one applies to me as someone whose 9th House ruler is also retrograde.), etc.. Other factors need to be considered, such as Saturn aspects.

For Uranus retrograde, I feel like HPS Maxine put it best:

Uranus retrograde indicates the need for freedom and rebellion is very pronounced. When retrograde, Uranus gives a strong sense of intuition, especially if there are other placements in one's chart supporting this. Outwardly, people with Uranus retrograde may seem to conform, but they are very original and unconventional on a personal level. These people are often high-strung. They will hold stress inside until suddenly; they explode and overreact, going to emotional extremes. There is a strong tendency to exaggerate things. Uranus retrograde influences one to look for guidance from within, rather than seeking answers outside of one's self, but seeks to reform and overthrow what is already established in the outer world. These people can feel alienated from others and quite often, they do not fit in with society. In childhood, Uranus retrograde people frequently felt stifled in expressing their individuality, and as they mature, they have a tendency to take things to extremes. In addition, one or more of the areas ruled by the house in which Uranus retrograde is posited, along with the house that has Aquarius on the cusp can sometimes experience delays or other problems.

Neptune retrograde, meanwhile, will cause issues for the House(s) with Pisces on the cusp, as well as the House it's posited in. On the upside, people with Neptune retrograde can be extremely creative with a tendency to become lost in their own daydreams. Spiritual/Psychic abilities can be enhanced here, especially in the case of this individual with their Neptune in the 8th House, the House of occult power. The downside is an increased susceptibility to depression, substance abuse, and a tendency to isolate one's self and withdrawal from the outside world.

The Moon governs women as well as the mother, so Lunar Aquarians can have mothers that are considered unusual, emotionally cool/distant, independent, and intellectual. Interestingly enough, I came across a person myself whose Moon and Uranus are conjunct in Aquarius; this individual's mother has Uranus strongly conjunct her Ascendant in the 1st House. Lunar Aquarians can be prone to emotional extremes, are high-strung, and healthy friendships are particularly important to their emotional well-being. They can also move frequently and suddenly throughout their lives as the Moon also rules home and family.

Because the Moon rules home and family, and this person's Moon is in the 9th House, the family is likely of critical importance to this person's sense of philosophical/religious beliefs. There is likely a strong, emotional attachment to what they've been raised to believe, which can make changing one's beliefs difficult. The family can even interfere should the person attempt to rebel against what they've been taught. Because the 9th House rules foreign lands, cultures and peoples, and the Moon is already in Aquarius, there is an increased likelihood for this person to move to a faraway place at some point in their lives.

Uranus in the 9th House makes it more likely that this individual has a unique, different philosophical/spiritual set of beliefs that contradicts what they were raised to believe, as Uranus rules rebellion, freedom and the unique. They dislike being indoctrinated and will fight against this, as they require the freedom to believe what they want to believe, and will likely look for answers within as opposed to listening to dogma. Exotic lands and cultures likely fascinate this person by virtue of how different such places are. This is also a placement found in the charts of intellectuals since the 9th House rules higher education and Uranus rules genius intellect; at the same time, one's higher education is prone to sudden issues that can prevent its completion, especially with Uranus retrograde.

Lastly, Moon conjunct Uranus makes it even more likely that the mother was emotionally cool or unusual. Freedom, the strange and unique are both fascinating and provide emotional satisfaction to this individual, and they can be prone to emotional extremes due to Uranus' influence. The home and family life are also likely to be unique in comparison to most. There is a possibility with this aspect that the individual feels the need to break with their past and their family, perhaps in the form of moving far away and beginning a new life.

As for the True Node, this is a subject I know very little about. It has something to do with the Moon's orbit, or something along those lines. What I do know is that the True Node is also called the North Node. Some websites only include the True Node in a natal chart because the South Node will always be exactly opposite the True/North Node. So a person whose True Node is 14 degrees in Gemini will have their South Node 14 degrees in Sagittarius.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
Much of this information I'm getting from Azazel's Astrology on JoS, but I'll try to put it in my own words.

Retrograde planets turn the energies inward and can cause delays for the Houses they're within as well as the Houses the planet rules via cusp placement. I'm gathering from what you shared here that this individual has Aquarius on the cusp of their 9th House; this, in combination with retrograde Uranus being posited in the 9th House can cause delays/problems in matters relating to higher education, philosophy/religion, travel to foreign places, and so on. 9th House matters, essentially. This can manifest in a number of different ways, such as a person not completing higher education until later in life, experiencing troubles in traveling to other countries or not traveling until later in life (This latter one applies to me as someone whose 9th House ruler is also retrograde.), etc.. Other factors need to be considered, such as Saturn aspects.

For Uranus retrograde, I feel like HPS Maxine put it best:

Uranus retrograde indicates the need for freedom and rebellion is very pronounced. When retrograde, Uranus gives a strong sense of intuition, especially if there are other placements in one's chart supporting this. Outwardly, people with Uranus retrograde may seem to conform, but they are very original and unconventional on a personal level. These people are often high-strung. They will hold stress inside until suddenly; they explode and overreact, going to emotional extremes. There is a strong tendency to exaggerate things. Uranus retrograde influences one to look for guidance from within, rather than seeking answers outside of one's self, but seeks to reform and overthrow what is already established in the outer world. These people can feel alienated from others and quite often, they do not fit in with society. In childhood, Uranus retrograde people frequently felt stifled in expressing their individuality, and as they mature, they have a tendency to take things to extremes. In addition, one or more of the areas ruled by the house in which Uranus retrograde is posited, along with the house that has Aquarius on the cusp can sometimes experience delays or other problems.

Neptune retrograde, meanwhile, will cause issues for the House(s) with Pisces on the cusp, as well as the House it's posited in. On the upside, people with Neptune retrograde can be extremely creative with a tendency to become lost in their own daydreams. Spiritual/Psychic abilities can be enhanced here, especially in the case of this individual with their Neptune in the 8th House, the House of occult power. The downside is an increased susceptibility to depression, substance abuse, and a tendency to isolate one's self and withdrawal from the outside world.

The Moon governs women as well as the mother, so Lunar Aquarians can have mothers that are considered unusual, emotionally cool/distant, independent, and intellectual. Interestingly enough, I came across a person myself whose Moon and Uranus are conjunct in Aquarius; this individual's mother has Uranus strongly conjunct her Ascendant in the 1st House. Lunar Aquarians can be prone to emotional extremes, are high-strung, and healthy friendships are particularly important to their emotional well-being. They can also move frequently and suddenly throughout their lives as the Moon also rules home and family.

Because the Moon rules home and family, and this person's Moon is in the 9th House, the family is likely of critical importance to this person's sense of philosophical/religious beliefs. There is likely a strong, emotional attachment to what they've been raised to believe, which can make changing one's beliefs difficult. The family can even interfere should the person attempt to rebel against what they've been taught. Because the 9th House rules foreign lands, cultures and peoples, and the Moon is already in Aquarius, there is an increased likelihood for this person to move to a faraway place at some point in their lives.

Uranus in the 9th House makes it more likely that this individual has a unique, different philosophical/spiritual set of beliefs that contradicts what they were raised to believe, as Uranus rules rebellion, freedom and the unique. They dislike being indoctrinated and will fight against this, as they require the freedom to believe what they want to believe, and will likely look for answers within as opposed to listening to dogma. Exotic lands and cultures likely fascinate this person by virtue of how different such places are. This is also a placement found in the charts of intellectuals since the 9th House rules higher education and Uranus rules genius intellect; at the same time, one's higher education is prone to sudden issues that can prevent its completion, especially with Uranus retrograde.

Lastly, Moon conjunct Uranus makes it even more likely that the mother was emotionally cool or unusual. Freedom, the strange and unique are both fascinating and provide emotional satisfaction to this individual, and they can be prone to emotional extremes due to Uranus' influence. The home and family life are also likely to be unique in comparison to most. There is a possibility with this aspect that the individual feels the need to break with their past and their family, perhaps in the form of moving far away and beginning a new life.

As for the True Node, this is a subject I know very little about. It has something to do with the Moon's orbit, or something along those lines. What I do know is that the True Node is also called the North Node. Some websites only include the True Node in a natal chart because the South Node will always be exactly opposite the True/North Node. So a person whose True Node is 14 degrees in Gemini will have their South Node 14 degrees in Sagittarius.

okie dokie! I've been reading the Azazels astrology page trying to self teach myself and I just have a bad time at interpreting for some reason, also predictive astrology is confusing and I cant read it at all or even find a video that could teach me how, but if I did I would have a hard time believing others that can't communicate with the gods (since they are the original teachers). Also this help a lot so shanks veddy much. *finger pistols*

in Sagittarius.
hi. I gots another question. the said person from before has their natal retro Neptune being conjunct by transiting Saturn in the ninth house (potentially the 8th since they don't know their birthtime down to the minute and their Neptune is 1 degree into aquarius). is this bad? what would that mean and is Saturn always bad when it is in aspect to anything, be it good or bad aspect? also this person moved over another state, still within the same time zone, but is that important? *finger pistols*

Big Dipper said:

in Sagittarius.
hi. I gots another question. the said person from before has their natal retro Neptune being conjunct by transiting Saturn in the ninth house (potentially the 8th since they don't know their birthtime down to the minute and their Neptune is 1 degree into aquarius). is this bad? what would that mean and is Saturn always bad when it is in aspect to anything, be it good or bad aspect? also this person moved over another state, still within the same time zone, but is that important? *finger pistols*

Saturn isn't always bad and can be smoothen by other aspects. Saturn will affect the affairs of the ninth/eighth house and those of the house ruled by Neptune (the one with Pisces on the cusp).

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back