Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Re-tracing / Calculating a Chart?

Shael

Okay hopefully this wont sound too confusing.

I have been thinking about this a lot - isn't it theoretically possible to calculate back to a time where specific planets were all at certain degrees? For example, say I wanted to find out all the times in the past where Venus was in 20° Virgo while Neptune was also in 8° Aquarius. As far as I'm aware, we know how fast each planet moves, which means mathematically we should be able to find out all the times where this was the case. Especially with very specific degrees like this, I feel like the amount of times where it actually "lined up" like that should be very low.

I think that, if this is possible, it would open up all sorts of very interesting avenues (especially for me personally). If anyone knows more on this, whether it's possible or not, and potentially even if there is such a calculator already out there, then please do let me know.

Your best bet would be to email programmers of astrology software if they have this functionality. There's a few out there that's popular that may have the manpower to be able to support you.

If not, then you're going to have to go through the inconvenient method: just download an ephemeris, and if it's a PDF you can ctrl+f it. While using reason to understand that Neptune's revolutions takes so many years, etc.

You can look through an ephemeris like the one on this site. https://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

I’ve done it before doing similar detective work and it may seem overwhelming, but for me actually wasn’t.

Shael said:
Okay hopefully this wont sound too confusing.

I have been thinking about this a lot - isn't it theoretically possible to calculate back to a time where specific planets were all at certain degrees? For example, say I wanted to find out all the times in the past where Venus was in 20° Virgo while Neptune was also in 8° Aquarius. As far as I'm aware, we know how fast each planet moves, which means mathematically we should be able to find out all the times where this was the case. Especially with very specific degrees like this, I feel like the amount of times where it actually "lined up" like that should be very low.

I think that, if this is possible, it would open up all sorts of very interesting avenues (especially for me personally). If anyone knows more on this, whether it's possible or not, and potentially even if there is such a calculator already out there, then please do let me know.

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/ephemeris-search-engine-astrology-planet-positions

Its very limited though (Years 1800-2100). But you can also search certain aspects with it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back