Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Retrogrades in natal chart.

EasternFireLion666

I remember when I read the Azazel's astrology pdf it said that retrograde make some strong points of an individual manifest later in life.
I just want to ask if it is a bad thing having... uhm... 5 retrogrades in the natal chart?

Well hello there late bloomer! I'm kidding :D

You know your life best, so don't let a chart dictate to you that you're doomed or whatever. The person who can make changes is you. :)

How do you feel the retrogrades have manifested so far? If you're younger, maybe you haven't seen it play out fully yet. As you mature, you'll get to see it more.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/RETROGRADE.html

You want to pay attention to those planets using an ephemeris to see if they're stationary or retrograde. When a planet is stationary, it becomes more intense, as the planet stops its motion and starts to concentrate its energy in that one particular spot. Retrograde planets have a tendency to turn inwards or retrace its steps in the chart.

Another thing is that retrogrades are viewed as a debility, because they go against their natural movement, in western astrology at least. I've heard arguments before that since retrograde planets are brighter, and more visible, that it becomes more powerful and prominent. HPS Maxine seems to take the former view that it can be a challenging condition for a planet.

Some other significations/manifestations of a retrograde planet, from various authors:
*Disobedience--the planet retrograde signifies an area in life where the native goes against the grain of society. Think "rebellion."
*In the first station, it signifies uncertainty, and in the second station it signifies hope and strength
*A retrograde planet is like one pulling back and returning (from something)
*Reversals, delays, changing of plans

Its manifestations differ from chart to chart, but say if you have Venus in retrogradation, it will affect the matters signifying Venus. The matters that Venus has rulership over: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/PlanetVenus.html

You can start to paint a picture with these things. Astrology is dynamic, not static.

Say for example, if Mercury was in 19º degree of Aries, and Saturn was in 21º degree of Libra, and if Mercury goes retrograde and does not complete the aspect, then it means Mercury changed its mind or avoided the significations of Saturn (whatever Saturn represents in the person's life). Could be a lover, a boss, an enemy, accident, move, etc. The square still is applicable though, of course.

Another example, if Mars was retrograde in 15º Libra, and Venus was retrograde in 10º Libra, it shows Mars chasing Venus, but Venus is the faster planet, meaning Mars will never catch up to Venus--this signifies whatever Mars is to never being able to achieve Venus, despite chasing after it (which can be good or bad). Or if Venus is direct and Mars is retrograde, it means that Venus and Mars are coming together in peaceful agreement--nice if they rule the 1st and 7th house--indicator for marriage.

These things are fun to think about. I hope you find your answer x.

94n said:
Well hello there late bloomer! I'm kidding :D

You know your life best, so don't let a chart dictate to you that you're doomed or whatever. The person who can make changes is you. :)

How do you feel the retrogrades have manifested so far? If you're younger, maybe you haven't seen it play out fully yet. As you mature, you'll get to see it more.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/RETROGRADE.html

You want to pay attention to those planets using an ephemeris to see if they're stationary or retrograde. When a planet is stationary, it becomes more intense, as the planet stops its motion and starts to concentrate its energy in that one particular spot. Retrograde planets have a tendency to turn inwards or retrace its steps in the chart.

Another thing is that retrogrades are viewed as a debility, because they go against their natural movement, in western astrology at least. I've heard arguments before that since retrograde planets are brighter, and more visible, that it becomes more powerful and prominent. HPS Maxine seems to take the former view that it can be a challenging condition for a planet.

Some other significations/manifestations of a retrograde planet, from various authors:
*Disobedience--the planet retrograde signifies an area in life where the native goes against the grain of society. Think "rebellion."
*In the first station, it signifies uncertainty, and in the second station it signifies hope and strength
*A retrograde planet is like one pulling back and returning (from something)
*Reversals, delays, changing of plans

Its manifestations differ from chart to chart, but say if you have Venus in retrogradation, it will affect the matters signifying Venus. The matters that Venus has rulership over: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/PlanetVenus.html

You can start to paint a picture with these things. Astrology is dynamic, not static.

Say for example, if Mercury was in 19º degree of Aries, and Saturn was in 21º degree of Libra, and if Mercury goes retrograde and does not complete the aspect, then it means Mercury changed its mind or avoided the significations of Saturn (whatever Saturn represents in the person's life). Could be a lover, a boss, an enemy, accident, move, etc. The square still is applicable though, of course.

Another example, if Mars was retrograde in 15º Libra, and Venus was retrograde in 10º Libra, it shows Mars chasing Venus, but Venus is the faster planet, meaning Mars will never catch up to Venus--this signifies whatever Mars is to never being able to achieve Venus, despite chasing after it (which can be good or bad). Or if Venus is direct and Mars is retrograde, it means that Venus and Mars are coming together in peaceful agreement--nice if they rule the 1st and 7th house--indicator for marriage.

These things are fun to think about. I hope you find your answer x.

Thanks a lot for all the info. I will take some time to think about all of this. Truth is i've made some serious progress in some areas for the past 2 and a half years since i became SS. I learn but I am a slow learner usually lol

EasternFireLion666 said:
I remember when I read the Azazel's astrology pdf it said that retrograde make some strong points of an individual manifest later in life.
I just want to ask if it is a bad thing having... uhm... 5 retrogrades in the natal chart?
Having multiple retrogrades can make you a late bloomer as Maxine has said, but a lot of this comes from karma in the soul. If you want to get around this you need to do freeing the soul workings. That’s the most important thing. Remove the obstacles in the soul causing problems and delays. You’re probably already aware of problems areas. Then from there you can do workings to attract the life you want and you’ll have a better go at it. Making goals, and going at it one at a time and being sure to be well thought out with plans and being patient. That’s life. Constantly making goals and progressing.

The thing is, you can get around these ‘delays’. But you must put active work into removing the obstacles. Not hard, you just have to put in the effort.

I have a notion that if the Sun is strong and prominently placed, the late bloomer thing doesn't apply in the same way. Also if Saturn is prominently placed and the chart has strong emotional indications with also strong Mind and mental indications.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back