Astrology vs astronomy

This Joy of Satan group is for discussion of and learning astrology.
For more information:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... URCAS.html
OnedayHPimaybe

Astrology vs astronomy

Postby OnedayHPimaybe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:39 pm

A friend of mine is into astronomy and believes it predates astrology and is more correct. I've tried proving him otherwise but it just ends with him yelling about how astronomy says the sun is here not there etc. What concrete proof can I give him to prove astrology is real. Hes an Aries with heavy pisces influence astrologically but because of astronomy he thinks hes just a pisces and denies being aries at all which it's very obvious he is to put it bluntly. I guess im just looking to debunk astronomy.
As we march on with confidence we shall truly know victory. Hail the Powers of Hell

Hoodedcobra666

Re: Astrology vs astronomy

Postby Hoodedcobra666 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:06 am

Astronomy is a material science. Astrology is a spiritual science. One does not contradict the other and one is not an enemy of the other. So it's a waste of time to do this.

If your friend was a Pisces he would more than likely believe in the surreal and the spiritual. But he is an aries evidently, as aries people may or may not believe in such stuff. Most Pisces people are inherently sensitive to these things so they do, at least, believe there is a possibility for these things to exist.

You do not truly need to debunk him. It may be better that he doesn't know Astrology or anything like that. Let the arts only be understood by those who have some worth. Why do you need to spend all your time trying to disprove him? If he doesn't believe in astrology, the weight of proof is on him to 'disprove' it to you, the 'believer'.

OnedayHPimaybe

Postby OnedayHPimaybe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:29 am

He has an open mind to some spiritual things. Like telling me he's seen a dragon with his 3rd eye before and he believe's in the supernatural so I try to help guide as long as it isn't someone I feel is worthless to talk to. I was just confused because astronomy makes us out to be different signs that dont make sense so I thought it might be a corrupted ideology.
As we march on with confidence we shall truly know victory. Hail the Powers of Hell

Luna Black

Postby Luna Black » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 pm

OnedayHPimaybe wrote:He has an open mind to some spiritual things. Like telling me he's seen a dragon with his 3rd eye before and he believe's in the supernatural so I try to help guide as long as it isn't someone I feel is worthless to talk to. I was just confused because astronomy makes us out to be different signs that dont make sense so I thought it might be a corrupted ideology.

We use the tropical zodiac, which is based on the seasons for the signs delimitation. As in the sky is "arbitrarily" divised in 12 segments, the first segment Aries stars at the beginning of spring which is now by the way.
Astronomy really has no business talking about zodiac anyway. Since it is a material science as Hp Cobra said. What your friend is talking about without apparently knowing it is the sidereal zodiac. Which is usually used in Indian Astrology. And again has no business being told as astronomy. And has as much an arbitrary dividing of the sky in 12 as the tropical. The difference being in how they choose where the first cut begins. Which I believe they put at where they see the constellation of Aries in the sky with telescopes from the Earth. And they call it Mesha. The names are different but its the same 12 signs so it really doesnt matter.
It doesnt make it more "true" tho. Keep in mind the sky has more then 12 visible constellations. And that the zodiac signs don't cover each their span anyway, tropical or sidereal. In the end all that matters is which division method is more accurate for interpretation.
And for me, my personal tropical chart ends up very accurate, sidereal is impossible for me. I have looked a lot into this. It would send my sun and moon into strange places. Jupiter is 0% likely to work as sidereal for me. Its even completely impossible that sidereal would work because my Jupiter cannot be in the sign it would put it in. And if it doesnt work for one person why would it for others. My Mars would be very unlikely in sidereal. My mercury, Venus and Saturn might work as sidereal, I think that's it. If you count the generational planets they might also work as sidereal for me. You can see for yourself if that works for all your placements. Sometimes sidereal will work for a person because there can be different placements arriving at the same personality overall, so the reading from a sidereal astrologer might make sense. Tropical should work for everybody tho. But indian astrology does have some useful teachings to it.

By the way it's a loss of time and energy trying to babysit people for any period of time except if they recognize you as an authority and have a good mentality to learn from you. In this case its like having a student. In any other casem people will believe what they wanna believe. The ego and cognitive dissonance are the things that are the most prevalent in preventing a change of mind.
Now I use the name Sinistra. The contact email is the same. This account has been discontinued.

OnedayHPimaybe

Postby OnedayHPimaybe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 am

Thank you both for your input. Yes that makes alot of sense that those who were spirituality aware chose where and when to start as in Aries in spring.Azazels astrology has made so much sense of my personality and true self/life it's ridiculous . And your saying Azazels astrology is based on tropical astrology or they are just very similar?

ASQV13886662080

Postby ASQV13886662080 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 am

OnedayHPimaybe wrote:Thank you both for your input. Yes that makes alot of sense that those who were spirituality aware chose where and when to start as in Aries in spring.Azazels astrology has made so much sense of my personality and true self/life it's ridiculous . And your saying Azazels astrology is based on tropical astrology or they are just very similar?

Azazel gives knowledge of many things, including astrology to the advanced Satanists which by default include the clergy.

the section is referred to Azazel's astrology as its information that was guided into rectification to undo the corrupted information.

It is the same as the tropical zodiac yes.
The path of Sanatana Dharma is not with vice, but with balanced adaptation. Acknowledge your true self and natural law will sort the rest out.

HAIL SANAT KUMARA & THE DAEMON MAHA SIDDAH DEVA!!!!!

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Tue May 29, 2018 2:30 pm

OnedayHPimaybe wrote:A friend of mine is into astronomy and believes it predates astrology and is more correct. I've tried proving him otherwise but it just ends with him yelling about how astronomy says the sun is here not there etc. What concrete proof can I give him to prove astrology is real. Hes an Aries with heavy pisces influence astrologically but because of astronomy he thinks hes just a pisces and denies being aries at all which it's very obvious he is to put it bluntly. I guess im just looking to debunk astronomy.

What do you mean your friend is an Aries? Does it mean he does actually have an Aries emphasis? If he just have an Aries Sun, then he is most likely not an Aries. You should look to the Ascendant, stelliums and other kinds of emphasis. Just having an Aries Sun doesn't make him an Aries. That's mainstream bullshit.

You said he has an heavy Pisces influence astrologically. Then he is a Pisces and not an Aries, most likely. He just happens to have an Aries Sun. Pisces is prone to delusions and self-deception. That's why he doesn't believe in astrology. The others already gave you advice on how to make him understand.