Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

A little doubt

WiseDragon

"FIXED STARS: Allow 1 - 2 degrees orb for conjunctions and oppositions to other
planets."

Does this means that the orb is 1°59'59''? Is it right?

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Yes. Past that, stars aren't going to be as effective in most cases.
Thanks. And if the aspects are tighter the influence is stronger like with normal aspects?
And if the answer is yes, the fixed stars conjunct with the chart ruler and AC, IC, MC, DC are always much stronger right? For example if one has the Chart Ruler conjunct to a fixed star with 1°59'00'' orb it will still be much stronger than a fixed star conjuct perfectly with a non ruler Planet?

WiseDragon said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Thanks. And if the aspects are tighter the influence is stronger like with normal aspects?
And if the answer is yes, the fixed stars conjunct with the chart ruler and AC, IC, MC, DC are always much stronger right? For example if one has the Chart Ruler conjunct to a fixed star with 1°59'00'' orb it will still be much stronger than a fixed star conjuct perfectly with a non ruler Planet?
Now, I am curious too.

Henu the Great said:
WiseDragon said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Now, I am curious too.

With that it's a case not of how strong the influence but what is being influenced. The fixed star in question is influencing in the chart, the ruler of the 1st house affairs- which are the affairs which are most core to a person. This can be perceived as 'stronger' but the tightest aspect over a planet ruling one of the cadent houses for example, if it were instead like 0'0 and dead on, that would be a tighter more definitive and strong influence, but over those less important affairs.

A fixed star with a 1'59 orb over the chart ruler would apply in the same way. The most important part of your chart is influenced, but the conjunction there is the weakest in how it could be.

*also this isn't something 100% relevant, but fixed stars going by the degrees in the zodiac doesn't account for the fact that alot of stars are really far above or below that degree they are on. Really I think we should take into account 'lateral degrees' whether in a conjunction/opposition, a star is directly behind a planet or whether it is way above it but on the same zodiac degree. The 2d zodiac system doesn't account for this thing.

Stars in terms of aspects to our planets should have something like a lateral aspect, which you would have to measure by a 3d diagram, taking the Earth's position also into account probably. Considering a fair few fixed stars we consider in charts are way wide, and above or below the point in a chart, I'm guessing a lateral aspect max orb could be very wide. It's probably dependent on the lux and energy of the star in question too.

Thank you so very much. This comes in handy as I've re-begun my astro studies once again.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back