Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Significant Other

Since we're in the astrology, we might as well have some fun and try out some methods/techniques to see if they're effective or ineffective, useful or useless. :cool: Not a big deal if these don't work, it's just fun to do. These aren't the most rigorous method of analyzing marriage, but it's quick and simple.

I want to note since times are changing, "Marriage" could mean many things as society evolves. A lot of astrology books were written back in the day where you kind of had to be married. So we adapt the meaning in today's times. So, in general these check to see how fortunate you are in the relationship department. Specifically long term relationships, etc.

Things you want to look at:
  1. 7th house cusp
  2. Planets within the 7th house cusp
  3. Ruler of the 7th house Cusp
  4. Look at these planets and the condition of these planets
  5. In male horoscopes, it's Moon and Venus
  6. In female horoscopes its Sun, Venus, and Mars

Male horoscopes,

Indicators of successful marriages (or fortunate relationships)
  1. If Moon and Venus are strong
  2. If these significators are in fruitful signs, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces (including the cusps)
  3. An argument can be made for marriage if Mars aspects Venus
  4. If Venus and Moon is not afflicted by Saturn
  5. A argument can be made if the lords of the ascendant and the descendant make a harmonious aspect and not afflicted

Delayed or Prevented marriage (or unfortunate relationships) for Males
  1. Venus and Moon are weak, have a negative relationship to each other,
  2. Venus and Moon are being afflicted by Saturn
  3. A small argument against marriage can be made if they are in barren signs, such as Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, and Capricorn

For Females
Arguments for marriage (or fortunate relationships)
  1. Similar as the male, but check the significators Sun, Mars and Venus.
  2. These significators strong, in fruitful signs, free from afflictions of Saturn or Uranus
  3. Sun aspect to Mars
  4. A argument can be made if the lords of the ascendant and the descendant make a harmonious aspect and not afflicted

Arguments against marriage
  1. If Mars is not in aspect to the Sun
  2. If Mars is weak
  3. These significators Sun, Mars, and Venus are weak and afflicted by Saturn or Uranus
  4. The significators are weak and in barren signs.

_____
Several marriages can be seen if ...
  1. the Sun or Moon, depending if the person is a male or female, is in Gemini or Sagittarius and are in aspect of many planets
  2. Pisces on the DC and contains many planets
  3. ASC Lord in the 7th aspecting the Lord of 7th in Gemini, Sagittarius, or Pisces (mutable signs)
    A Malefic in the 7th or one afflicting a significator of marriage can denote the death of a partner if multiple arguments are found

How to describe the partner:
The Moon or Sun (depending on male/female again), next applies by the strongest aspect after birth, along with the planets in the 7th or its ruler.

_______

Lets try this one out:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Monahan,_William

Exalted Moon in the 7th.
Venus and Moon are free from afflictions (by whole sign aspects).
Venus and Mars do not regard each other
Moon is Angular, strong. Venus is succedent, which is average.
Overall positive.

This one:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Ford,_Faith

Venus is strong, at the angle.
Mars (in a fruitful sign) makes an aspect to the Sun (whole sign aspect)
Lord of 7th, while retrograde (indicates blocks and denial) is powerful in the 7th.
Out of sign conjunction to Mars
Sun and Saturn do not make an aspect.

Overall Mixed. This is one of those charts where this method doesn't work.

Sun is in a Barren sign, Venus is at a Barren sign, and Saturn is retrograded in the 7th. You'd think that marriage is denied. However, this lady is in her 2nd marriage, and the 2nd marriage is more fortunate.

This method isn't very clear for that chart in particular. More study needs to be had on her chart.

This one: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Pond,_Lucy
Moon strong via angularity
Ruler of 7th in 1st, and Ruler of 1st in 7th in a whole sign aspect
7th house Cusp Saturn - difficulty and delays in marriage.
Mars/Sun aspect (whole sign aspect).
Venus/Mars aspect whole sign

Overall Positive

Husband, Saturn in a mute sign of cancer, sensitive, mature, quiet.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Abdul,_Paula
Venus powerful.
Saturn afflicts Mars.
Mars in the 8th afflicted. Does not aspect Sun
Mars/Venus do not make an orb, but aspect each other by sign. L1 and L7 connect.

Overall negative

She was married twice. Marriages were short lived, and she has not married since.

This one https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Jones,_Warren_David
Engaged but not married, due to death.

Moon, middling strength succedent.
Moon in a fruitful sign.
Moon and Venus do not aspect, but Venus is angular and powerful.
I don't really like to count aspects from out of sign, but if you do, Moon approaches Mars (an affliction).
Moon is afflicted by Saturn.
Overall positive

This one: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Akihito,_Emperor_of_Japan
Moon in a fruitful sign
Venus while conjunct Saturn, has a tendency to deny themselves in love. May not be the most affectionate marriage. Especially in an air sign.
Well duh, he's an Emperor he has to marry. L1 and L7 are in good aspect.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kritz,_Ben
Jupiter in 7th, in the most fruitful sign of cancer.
Venus has an agreeable aspect with the Moon.
Saturn and Moon rulers of lords 1 and 7 are in whole sign aspect.

Overall positive. This person is married with children.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Biggs,_Andy
Venus in a fruitful sign with Jupiter. However it is weak and debilitated.
Many planets in fruitful signs.
Moon afflicted by Saturn.
Moon is strong and angular, making an aspect to Venus.
mercury, Lord of 7th is in the 1st
Lord of 7th makes no aspect to Jupiter

Overall positive.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lorenzi,_Charles

Venus in a fruitful sign
7th house cusp is in a fruitful sign
Venus fortunate in the 11th/10th (whatever house system you're using)
Mars aspects Venus (whole sign)
Mercury and Jupiter do not see each other.
Saturn on the DC.

Overall mixed. It seems like the strength of Moon and Venus matter more in marriages. This person has had a long lasting marriage. It seems like Saturn became a positive influence.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Von_Miller,_Oskar
Venus weak (cadent), with Saturn (denial)
Moon strong by angularity
Venus and Mars do not aspect

Moon's angularity is what mattered here, seeing as how he's married. Must not have been a loving relationship.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Christensen,_Haaken
Both Moon and Venus are not super strong, but of acceptable strength being succedent.
Moon is powerful via Dignity and in a fruitful sign.
Mars/Jupiter trine Venus (whole sign)
Jupiter and Mercury sextile (whole sign)

Marriage is indicated. But guess what... he's unmarried :!: :!: :!:
This is one of those cases where it's flat out wrong.

But could he have had a long term lover, yet decided not to get married? Who knows. No biographies says this as fact.

Venus and Moon do not have a harmonious aspect. Yet the signs are overall positive.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Zeeuw,_Gijsbert_van_der
Venus in the 7th, angular, strong.
Moon cadent, but in a whole sign trine to Venus.
Mars and Venus aspect.
L1 and 7 make an aspect via whole signs
Saturn however afflicts Venus

Overall positive. This person married multiple times.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Facio_Segreda,_Gonzalo
Moon and Venus aspect each other.
Venus and Mars however do not.
Venus is strong and angular. Moon is weak and cadent, and debilitated in the 12th.
Saturn makes a sextile to Venus from Leo
Venus is Afflicted by Saturn

Mixed. Yes, but marriage may not have been that great (afflictions). As evidence that this person had multiple marriages.

etc. etc. etc.
Just testing things out.

94n said:
  1. In male horoscopes, it's Moon and Venus
  2. In female horoscopes its Sun, Venus, and Mars

This is inaccurate. It's more like:

• For people who are interested in women, it's Moon and Venus.
• For people who are interested in men, it's Sun and Mars.

The other side to what you wrote is that one should be using synastry to look at the aspects between the person you're interested in and yourself, as the original poster 1 YEAR AGO asked about finding your significant other, not marriage in general.

Stormblood said:
94n said:

The other side to what you wrote is that one should be using synastry to look at the aspects between the person you're interested in and yourself, as the original poster 1 YEAR AGO asked about finding your significant other, not marriage in general.

First of all, don't dismiss my post because you glanced at it and didn't agree with it. There are no rules on when I can/cannot post on a thread. And I didn't say it was simply marriage, I posted old techniques from old authors, and I said to adapt it to today's society which may not just indicate marriage but long term relationships, something you conveniently ignored in my post. I also posted how to describe the significant other with the 7th house cusp.

The person asked for indications of how to see their significant other in their own natal chart for relationships and marriages, as indicated by her asking about her own 7th house. How can Amarna do a synastry chart, if Amarna doesn't have another person to compare her chart to? :?

Stormblood said:
94n said:

Are you sure?
Venus is the significator for love. We can agree with this right?

The reason why Males get Venus and Moon, is because Venus represents love, while Venus and the Moon represent women. Venus gets a double duty job as a significator. It's Venus, Venus (again), and Moon.

The reason why females get Mars and Sun, is because they both are the significators for Males. So it would be Mars, Sun, and Venus. Venus still rules love, so why did you take Venus out of the equation?

By taking Venus out, you take love out of the equation, which defies logic and common sense.

Where did you get this reasoning/how did you find this out? I'd like to know.

94n said:
First of all, don't dismiss my post because you glanced at it and didn't agree with it. There are no rules on when I can/cannot post on a thread. And I didn't say it was simply marriage, I posted old techniques from old authors, and I said to adapt it to today's society which may not just indicate marriage but long term relationships, something you conveniently ignored in my post. I also posted how to describe the significant other with the 7th house cusp.

The person asked for indications of how to see their significant other in their own natal chart for relationships and marriages, as indicated by her asking about her own 7th house. How can Amarna do a synastry chart, if Amarna doesn't have another person to compare her chart to? :?

Interesting way to cling on mirrors and get outraged just because I corrected you an post you made by copy-pasting.

Let's see what I did. I correct a small piece of information, not the whole text. Then I added to the rest. Didn't say the whole thing was incorrect. So calm down.

94n said:
Are you sure?
Venus is the significator for love. We can agree with this right?

The reason why Males get Venus and Moon, is because Venus represents love, while Venus and the Moon represent women. Venus gets a double duty job as a significator. It's Venus, Venus (again), and Moon.

The reason why females get Mars and Sun, is because they both are the significators for Males. So it would be Mars, Sun, and Venus. Venus still rules love, so why did you take Venus out of the equation?

By taking Venus out, you take love out of the equation, which defies logic and common sense.

Where did you get this reasoning/how did you find this out? I'd like to know.

I didn't take Venus out on purpose. You're right. That was a mistype. I was just correcting the fact that everything is not decided by your biological sex, but by what sex you're looking for in a relationship. Not everything is heterosexual and before Xianity, everyone considered it normal. So while the sexual orientation can't be discerned from astrology (as far as I know and I've been told), you can certainly check based on it. We certainly agree that Venus for the representation of Venus, the Moon, the Sun and Mars in love astrology. I'm glad you cooled down.

You offered no reasoning or explanation behind your "corrections," and at the same time, managed to make a point about posting old threads or telling me to use synastry on a thread about personal natal astrology. My post was approved by a moderator--so I have faith that I did not break any forum rules or social etiquette.

In the other thread, you readily called me names by lumping me in with strange movements. I have always been kind and tactful towards you, and while I can't tell you what to do, it would help if you would offer discussions rather than trying to 'correct' or tear down other people.

Anyways, let's stick to astrology.

I appreciate your efforts to be more inclusive in your post. In charts of the LGBT, it's a free for all because it's only recently that we've actually been including the LGBT in such discussions or practices. We don't know because gays have been forbidden to marry or be in relationships since forever, and astrological practices were lost in time or kept secret by the church for their own use.

We just use Venus in general signifying love, and the connection between rulers of 1st and 7th to see what happens. This I can agree with so far. The rest we can discuss.

The easiest way is to ask LGBT members which planets they connect to the most.

94n said:
You offered no reasoning or explanation behind your "corrections,"

Wait for a post that still hasn't been approved but was written before this message of yours.

In the other thread, you readily called me names by lumping me in with strange movements. I have always been kind and tactful towards you, and while I can't tell you what to do, it would help if you would offer discussions rather than trying to 'correct' or tear down other people.

94n said:
We don't know because gays have been forbidden to marry or be in relationships since forever

How is about 1500 years "forever"?

The rest is answered in the post under approval.[/quote]

Stormblood said:
94n said:
You offered no reasoning or explanation behind your "corrections,"

Wait for a post that still hasn't been approved but was written before this message of yours.

94n said:
We don't know because gays have been forbidden to marry or be in relationships since forever

How is about 1500 years "forever"?

The rest is answered in the post under approval.

Stormblood I'll be patient. I look forward to your posts.

I notice we communicate very differently. I'll be more clear and concise and use less fuzzy terms and figures of speech.

Amarna said:
How to find one's significant other in a natal chart? ( there are no natal planets on my 7th house) thanks and hail satan!

-Ruler of 7th house
-Check if descendant is conjuct any fixed star to get more info
-Planets conjuct 7th house ruler also reveal more but I'm not sure if thats true.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back