Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Understanding The Eements: Symbology And Meaning.

Norse 88

Hello, everyone.

Could somebody please explain to me the correct symbolic designations for each of the five elements of man? I'm specifically referring to the ones located at the distal regions of each of the points of the pentagram which is displayed as the Joy of Satan's standard/logo?

Please excuse me if this is covered elsewhere already - if it's on the website and I've simply missed it, I assure you I will feel appropriately discredited and appear subsequently red-faced in light of such regretful ignorance. But I did look once and cannot see any such info so far... Hopefully did a clean sweep.

Appreciate anything anyone can share with me.

Kind regards,

P.S. I am indeed assuming that these triangle symbols surrounding the pentagram are representing the five elements of the soul. I feel that somewhere in my readings previously from this website this was discussed as the case. Please educate away....

Thank you.

Also, hope this post isn't too left of field for the astrology boards. Elements and charts ring together for me, so I posted here by default. Let me know otherwise.

Cheers everyone.

Norse 88 said:
Hello, everyone.

Could somebody please explain to me the correct symbolic designations for each of the five elements of man? I'm specifically referring to the ones located at the distal regions of each of the points of the pentagram which is displayed as the Joy of Satan's standard/logo?

Please excuse me if this is covered elsewhere already - if it's on the website and I've simply missed it, I assure you I will feel appropriately discredited and appear subsequently red-faced in light of such regretful ignorance. But I did look once and cannot see any such info so far... Hopefully did a clean sweep.

Appreciate anything anyone can share with me.

Kind regards,

P.S. I am indeed assuming that these triangle symbols surrounding the pentagram are representing the five elements of the soul. I feel that somewhere in my readings previously from this website this was discussed as the case. Please educate away....

Thank you.

Perhaps this would give you needed answers?

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/FURCAS.html

Thank for the replies, guys.

HailMotherLilith, thanks for the link. The various triangle symbology is denoted in the http://www.indigoray.net/symbols.html link from the Azazel's Astrology for Satanists webpage.

As I understand, the five elements surrounding the pentagram, as seen in the JoS website logo, read as follows (starting from the bottom point and moving clockwise):

Quintessence
Air
Fire
Earth
Water

Each point is arrived at by drawing straight lines in 144-degree jumps from the previous point - a cross-bar-, meaning that:

Quintessence is cross-bar to Fire
Fire is cross-bar to Air
Air is cross-bar to Water
Water is cross-bar to Earth
Earth is cross-bar to Quintessence, and now the pattern repeats itself.

This seems to suggest a hierarchy for the elements in which the least physically tangible elements are at the top of the hierarchy and most physically tangible are at the bottom before infinitely looping back again on itself. I suppose Earth and Quintessence are both two ends of the hierarchy as much as they are the gateway from one to the other.

Does anyone agree, or have some insights?

I appreciate the conversation.

Kind regards,

Nevermind. Haha.

Thanks, HailMotherLilith. I got there eventually.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html

Now let's all forget that this ever happened...

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back