Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Composite Charts

Spoonzies

So i'm starting to get into composite charts and I can't really find any good resources on them. Also i'm wondering if they are a important thing, so far I understand that they are made to be like the personality of a relationship and I am not sure if that is the correct definition for it?

Spoonzies said:
So i'm starting to get into composite charts and I can't really find any good resources on them. Also i'm wondering if they are a important thing, so far I understand that they are made to be like the personality of a relationship and I am not sure if that is the correct definition for it?

I once did a composite chart for my relationship some years ago. I didn't get into it fully but from what I noticed was the ascendant and chart ruler of our relationship and the house the chart ruler was in. The rising sign and house the chart ruler was in shows the theme and energy of the relationship.

Aquarius was our ascendant-- our relationship was a bit detached, platonic (to others, and almost unemotional or romantic. I disliked this.

Our Uranus chart ruler was in the 8th house and even though the aquarius factored in, the 8th house influence really made our relationship intense, emotionally and very sexually charged(good and bad) and dark/perverse and unusual in many ways.

We have a Libra ascendant in our composite chart, which places Venus as the chart ruler. Luckily in lands in our 5th and is in Pisces. The relationship is highly romantic and caring.

Spoonzies said:
We have a Libra ascendant in our composite chart, which places Venus as the chart ruler. Luckily in lands in our 5th and is in Pisces. The relationship is highly romantic and caring.

Wonderful. Sounds good. Have you found out anything else about the relationship with the composite?

HPS Shannon said:
Spoonzies said:

I once did a composite chart for my relationship some years ago. I didn't get into it fully but from what I noticed was the ascendant and chart ruler of our relationship and the house the chart ruler was in. The rising sign and house the chart ruler was in shows the theme and energy of the relationship.

Aquarius was our ascendant-- our relationship was a bit detached, platonic (to others, and almost unemotional or romantic. I disliked this.

Our Uranus chart ruler was in the 8th house and even though the aquarius factored in, the 8th house influence really made our relationship intense, emotionally and very sexually charged(good and bad) and dark/perverse and unusual in many ways.

I apologize for butting in, but I am having a hard time understanding how to determine the partners chart ruler for it to be the same.... and the house it is contained at too...

I'd appreciate it if you could help me. Thank you.

HailMotherLilith said:
HPS Shannon said:
Spoonzies said:

I apologize for butting in, but I am having a hard time understanding how to determine the partners chart ruler for it to be the same.... and the house it is contained at too...

Apologize for butting in? This is what the groups and forums are for, to learn. No problem for any of us to ask questions.

Im not sure I understand. You're looking for the partners chart ruler in a composite or or are you looking for one of the partner's chart ruler. The chart ruler for any chart is the ruler of the sign on the ascendant/firts house.

HPS Shannon said:
HailMotherLilith said:
HPS Shannon said:

Apologize for butting in? This is what the groups and forums are for, to learn. No problem for any of us to ask questions.

Im not sure I understand. You're looking for the partners chart ruler in a composite or or are you looking for one of the partner's chart ruler. The chart ruler for any chart is the ruler of the sign on the ascendant/firts house.

Mine is Saturn, his is Mars, so I am confused how you both had the chance to make sure both of your partners, and yourself included, had the same chart rulers and determined the houses so easily..

HailMotherLilith said:
HPS Shannon said:
HailMotherLilith said:

Mine is Saturn, his is Mars, so I am confused how you both had the chance to make sure both of your partners, and yourself included, had the same chart rulers and determined the houses so easily..

Oh, the composite chart is pretty much a new and separate chart that shows the tone and entire chart of the relationship. A composite chart is a chart that is cats based on the time and date that two people first met. For example Aquarius was rising and Uranus was in the 8th house when we met so with that time, it shows the relationship theme and dynamic. So you'll have to figure/find out the time and date that you and your partner met.

HPS Shannon said:
HailMotherLilith said:
HPS Shannon said:

Oh, the composite chart is pretty much a new and separate chart that shows the tone and entire chart of the relationship. A composite chart is a chart that is cats based on the time and date that two people first met. For example Aquarius was rising and Uranus was in the 8th house when we met so with that time, it shows the relationship theme and dynamic. So you'll have to figure/find out the time and date that you and your partner met.

Oooh, now I get it, thank you so much!!!!!!

HPS Shannon said:
HailMotherLilith said:
HPS Shannon said:

Ummm... how to determine what house the moon sign is in if I met him on February 7-8th, 2018?

HPS Shannon said:

There are 2 types of composite, one is the type you described, the other is taken using both natal charts and it calculates the mid-point of everything and displays as a new chart. So, if one person has AC at 10 Aries, and the other has AC at 10 Taurus, then their composite AC is 25 Aries. And so on with all their planets and house cusps. Astro.com calculates this, just select "composite chart" from the drop-down menu. This one is the official definition of composite, whereas what you described is usually called relationship natal chart.

I'd be interested to see which version seems more accurate in general for people, I've only had the opportunity to look at both for one couple as most couples do not know the exact time they met.

Lydia said:
HPS Shannon said:

There are 2 types of composite, one is the type you described, the other is taken using both natal charts and it calculates the mid-point of everything and displays as a new chart. So, if one person has AC at 10 Aries, and the other has AC at 10 Taurus, then their composite AC is 25 Aries. And so on with all their planets and house cusps. Astro.com calculates this, just select "composite chart" from the drop-down menu. This one is the official definition of composite, whereas what you described is usually called relationship natal chart.

I'd be interested to see which version seems more accurate in general for people, I've only had the opportunity to look at both for one couple as most couples do not know the exact time they met.

Cool. Thanks for that. Im actually going to try the second/official and see how accurate it is. I'll get back to you.

Found it!

12th house
People with Saturn in the twelfth house are prone to depression. Many often believe that their secrets are much worse than the secrets of others. There can be feelings of emotional isolation and loneliness. Hospitals, institutions, and other places of confinement can be a major focus in the life, often through one's employment. There can be irrational fears and an overactive imagination. The affairs of the house with Capricorn on the cusp are often unfortunate in some way.

This is honestly very true.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back