Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Lucid Dreaming

Lucine_Fastus

Method for Lucid dreaming I've discovered online that I'd like to share.

1) Lay down in your bed and get comfortable, close your eyes, and focus on the darkness of your eyelids. It would be best to not let your mind wander, as this could send you straight into sleep. (Void meditation is useful for this.)

2) Eventually, you will start seeing various patterns and blobs of colour moving around in the darkness. This is most commonly known as hypnogogic imagery, but for our purposes here I'd like you to think of this as a measure of closeness to sleep. Try your best to not look at these blobs directly, but to look THROUGH them, as if they are a fog, and you are trying to see beyond them. I don't know how to explain it well, but try to look through it with your attention, not with your eyes.(This is similar to how you see with your peripheral vision in waking life)

3) Eventually, you will start to see certain shapes and images appear in these blobs, and you will start to recognise them as certain shapes and objects, like those ink blot tests. It's important to not look directly at these images, as this will keep you awake. Use your attention to look through.

4) You will start seeing scenes appearing in front of you. You may see trees or mountains, or you might be in a car. You'll see negative after-images of these images, like when you look at a light, look away, and close your eyes. These scenes will go away, and come back. Continue in this state while staying aware and "engaging" with the after-images of scenes that you can see.

5) Eventually, it will be as though the lights turned on, and you will find yourself completely aware in a dream, having done a conscious descent from waking into sleeping.\

I have only gone as far as step 3 in this process, so I won't pretend to be some sort of master. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer, but I believe it would be much more beneficial to try it out and experience it for yourself.

Lucid dreaming can help us a lot in our empowerment, as a way to conquer our fears and to communicate directly with our subconscious mind. (even though it's very frustratingly cryptic) I'm sure there are many more ways it can be used to help us.

Good luck, brothers and sisters, and I wish you the best on your journeys.

Intestinal enough I have found that lying on your eyes, on your side with your eyes to the pillow, or your hand under your eyes causes vivid visual hallucinations. Hard to control but I think with practice you can master it. I also get similar OBE in the early morning hours or in the middle of the night with lack of sleep.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back