Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

WOW! Is kundalini yoga always this intense?

Cronia

Few days ago, I was at day 39 of the meditation program made by HP Hooded Cobra.

I did the night routine and accidentally did the full routine of Kundalini Yoga. I didn't notice that I was supposed to do only 4 breaths.

And I gotta say, doing the full routine was INTENSE. I felt my entire body vibrating like crazy and it was only on the first part of the routine, and it was like that through out the entire session.

I was thinking if that was normal or not. The feeling reminded me of using Wim Hof's breathing technique but on a WHOLE new level.

I kept continuing doing the full routine and only realized yesterday that I was only supposed to do 4 breaths.

And just now, I did the full routine again but this time, the feeling was even more intense than yesterday.

Is this what you're suppose to feel when doing the kundalini yoga?

Cronia said:
Yes. And it is important to build up yourself slowly to the normal full set, instead of jumping big leaps before you can surely handle it. Otherwise you risk overstimulating yourself and "burn yourself" which means you have to take time off to recover and lose time from advancing.

If you can handle more, then you are safer when taking leaps, otherwise it is an unneccessary risk.

Henu the Great said:
Cronia said:
Yes. And it is important to build up yourself slowly to the normal full set, instead of jumping big leaps before you can surely handle it. Otherwise you risk overstimulating yourself and "burn yourself" which means you have to take time off to recover and lose time from advancing.

If you can handle more, then you are safer when taking leaps, otherwise it is an unneccessary risk.

I second what Henu said, and would even recommend you half your reps or even more until you can tolerate it. Something similar happened to me when I was starting out with KY, I thought I could just go with it since it wasn't so "bad" or "not too intense" but after a few days of that I just had to stop, the energy was too much and I wasn't ready.

It won't take you long for your body to adjust, but it NEEDS to adjust.

Please do be careful.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll definitely tone it down until my body adapts

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back