Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Worried sick

Alexander447

Hello i know this is quite irrational and i keep posting about it but i keep having these thoughts once in a while. so a couple years back i replied to a post and i had some info that is not super personally identifiable but somewhat and i didn’t realize until later i wanted it down. So i asked them to delete a specific comment but then after a while asked a HP to delete the whole post and my account, which they did. But recently i started looking over the forum and i found a different post that i commented on with that account that got deleted and my comment wasn’t there but someone replied to it and you could see it in quotes. i’m somewhat confused because i thought if a account is deleted everything is. Along with that, the HP took a little bit time to delete my account and post so i got suspicious. and they talked differently in their email compared to here. Lastly, could have Wayback Archive archived the post before it got deleted? that’s what i’m very worried about. also i’m worried if these forum servers get saved in some way or form. I know i’m overthinking too much but if anyone i know in real life finds about me here i could be in big trouble. Also, i will still be continuing Rituals. Thank you

Alexander447 said:
Hello i know this is quite irrational and i keep posting about it but i keep having these thoughts once in a while. so a couple years back i replied to a post and i had some info that is not super personally identifiable but somewhat and i didn’t realize until later i wanted it down. So i asked them to delete a specific comment but then after a while asked a HP to delete the whole post and my account, which they did. But recently i started looking over the forum and i found a different post that i commented on with that account that got deleted and my comment wasn’t there but someone replied to it and you could see it in quotes. i’m somewhat confused because i thought if a account is deleted everything is.

Quotes belong to other people, not yourself. They are the posts of other people. For these, they belong to other users.

Your own account, is gone permanently, and nothing can restore it after deletion. It remains wiped out. Therefore if anyone was to change their mind or whatever, they have to re-register an account with the same name, or another one.

Alexander447 said:
Along with that, the HP took a little bit time to delete my account and post so i got suspicious. and they talked differently in their email compared to here.

I reply in a short and cut way in most emails, to save some of my own time per day. If I was online, there is a chance these inquiries may be deleted ASAP to avoid the time drain [in accounts of low posts especially].

Alexander447 said:
Lastly, could have Wayback Archive archived the post before it got deleted? that’s what i’m very worried about. also i’m worried if these forum servers get saved in some way or form.

Servers don't get "saved", but nobody can guarantee you that someone else isn't trying to actively monitor something. We have done everything in our power of ourselves to prevent this and to mitigate this risk, to a maximum for privacy when our users are concerned.

But past this, it is up to the user themselves, not us.

In regards to the Wayback, or anyone else saving your post, there is not a guarantee nobody might have, or some external source. This has to do with how the internet works by default.

Alexander447 said:
I know i’m overthinking too much but if anyone i know in real life finds about me here i could be in big trouble. Also, i will still be continuing Rituals. Thank you

The chances are slim, but the next time, follow basic online safety [many, many posts have been written by other members and myself]. Your own poor privacy practices [especially when people rave here too often for others] are something you need to learn to manage over time, in internet situations where you don't want to be found.

Because of the nature of the internet, we can only do on our behalf what we can do. Past this, one has to be careful on their own.

99% of cases should be ok, and in most cases, it's pointless worry. Regardless, learn how to be safe online and how to manage your data. If you are worried about any of this, then you might be shocked to read what Social Media can do, or even basic "Google Analytics".

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back