Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Worried about Tarot Cards

tarot

If someone has it I remember an old post (maybe it was on one of the JoS pages) by HPS Maxine that explained how to read with tarot that you should shuffle the deck until it you feel a good stopping point and then laying the cards down. In the post I remember she recommended Raider-Waite tarot deck which is why I got one a while when I went into the tarot.

Personally I never had any problems with the Raider-Waite deck since getting it and readings have been good.

Now browsing the forum I read that the Raider-Waite deck is full of jewish symbolism and negative stuff.

Now I'm worried about the tarot card deck I have. Have I just been messing with negative energies or something without knowing? Should I get rid of the Raider-Waite deck I have and get another tarot card deck that is not with jewish pictures? But since tarot cards are an extension of ourselves wouldn't throwing them away cause negativity?

And, again, if anyone can find the original writing by Maxine on the tarot I would appreciate it as I cannot find it anymore.

tarot said:

Anything related to that would be minor and negligible if you are doing regular RTR's and cleaning. It is not like a Rabbi hand-cursed every deck. You can also clean the deck, or do an RTR on it. I doubt it has done much to you, if anything. The enemy curses you way more on a daily basis, anyway. Keep a strong AOP as always.

Not sure how linked someone could make themselves to tarot cards. If this worries you, then do a detachment ritual, and find new cards. It should not take much energy to detach from a pile of cards.

tarot said:
If someone has it I remember an old post (maybe it was on one of the JoS pages) by HPS Maxine that explained how to read with tarot that you should shuffle the deck until it you feel a good stopping point and then laying the cards down. In the post I remember she recommended Raider-Waite tarot deck which is why I got one a while when I went into the tarot.

Personally I never had any problems with the Raider-Waite deck since getting it and readings have been good.

Now browsing the forum I read that the Raider-Waite deck is full of jewish symbolism and negative stuff.

Now I'm worried about the tarot card deck I have. Have I just been messing with negative energies or something without knowing? Should I get rid of the Raider-Waite deck I have and get another tarot card deck that is not with jewish pictures? But since tarot cards are an extension of ourselves wouldn't throwing them away cause negativity?

And, again, if anyone can find the original writing by Maxine on the tarot I would appreciate it as I cannot find it anymore.
She recommended a rider waite based system but she said she used the Robinwood tarot deck and recommended it.

tarot said:

The Rider Waite-Smith tarot deck is filled with Hebrew letters. Any tarot deck that has Hebrew letters is an abomination and shouldn’t be used by SS in my opinion.

This is an old sermon by HPS Maxine on the tarot: https://archive.is/LdM6X

These are tarot decks that don’t have the Devil card or Hebrew letters:

Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan
The Druidcraft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm
The Wildwood Tarot by John Matthews and Mark Ryan
The Green Witch Tarot by Ann Moura
Forest of Enchantment Tarot by Lunaea Weatherstone

Apart from hebrew crap here and there, the symbolism in the cards is matched by rarely any other deck. Most of the other decks focus on pretty art, but they pay little attention to the symbolism behind the art.

Someone should do Rider Waite but without enemy crap.

You can also just blot out any enemy stuff with a permanent black marker, also visualising it dissolved in your head. Then perform a banishment of negative energies, and clean the energies of the deck.

Stormblood said:
You can also just blot out any enemy stuff with a permanent black marker, also visualising it dissolved in your head. Then perform a banishment of negative energies, and clean the energies of the deck.

I would recommend replacing the enemy stuff with Runes, based on the number of Major Arcana or the number of the 4 suits. A good example of this is the Wheel of Fortune, which is #10, so Runes like Fehu, Uruz, Raidho and Nauthiz (10 is divisible by 1, 2, 5 and itself, hence those specific Runes) could replace the Hebrew letters. And fittingly, these are 4 Runes, which you can add 4 other Runes or even the 8 pointed star of Astarte, and place those 4 Runes and the 4 elements alongside those Runes.

Here's an old thread pertaining to this if you'd like further information. I found it extremely helpful.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64988&p=308828&hilit=the+devil+tarot#p308828

Kevin Hernandez said:
Stormblood said:

I would recommend replacing the enemy stuff with Runes, based on the number of Major Arcana or the number of the 4 suits. A good example of this is the Wheel of Fortune, which is #10, so Runes like Fehu, Uruz, Raidho and Nauthiz (10 is divisible by 1, 2, 5 and itself, hence those specific Runes) could replace the Hebrew letters. And fittingly, these are 4 Runes, which you can add 4 other Runes or even the 8 pointed star of Astarte, and place those 4 Runes and the 4 elements alongside those Runes.

Interesting information. I don't know much about the tarots, so I am not confident in suggesting replacements. In general, I have never been able to connect much with tarots. I had a Rider-Waite deck in 2013. I had it for 6 months, then I relocated. When I moved houses, I decided it was not worth to keep as other divination methods are more suited to me. So, I got read of the cards, except the Mage card which is my favourite. I do so much better with runes and astrology. I also have a minor interest in palmistry.

Anyway, wouldn't the replacement you talk about entail reprinting the cards? I gave my suggestion because it is a quick method to get rid of negativity.

Stormblood said:
Kevin Hernandez said:
Stormblood said:

Interesting information. I don't know much about the tarots, so I am not confident in suggesting replacements. In general, I have never been able to connect much with tarots. I had a Rider-Waite deck in 2013. I had it for 6 months, then I relocated. When I moved houses, I decided it was not worth to keep as other divination methods are more suited to me. So, I got read of the cards, except the Mage card which is my favourite. I do so much better with runes and astrology. I also have a minor interest in palmistry.

Anyway, wouldn't the replacement you talk about entail reprinting the cards? I gave my suggestion because it is a quick method to get rid of negativity.

I was thinking of drawing my own versions and printing them and replacing the Hebrew stuff and letters with Runes and themes based on the card.

Though, on the topic of Tarot, I had this wild dream where parents played Tarot with their children similar to poker where based on the card the dealer placed on the table, and the cards on their hand, they could create combinations to teach children how to solve problems and how to identify issues, in a way teaching them early on how to be a problem solver and deal with real world situations through card games and looking for solutions and how.

Kevin Hernandez said:
Stormblood said:
Kevin Hernandez said:

I was thinking of drawing my own versions and printing them and replacing the Hebrew stuff and letters with Runes and themes based on the card.

Though, on the topic of Tarot, I had this wild dream where parents played Tarot with their children similar to poker where based on the card the dealer placed on the table, and the cards on their hand, they could create combinations to teach children how to solve problems and how to identify issues, in a way teaching them early on how to be a problem solver and deal with real world situations through card games and looking for solutions and how.

This dream is very interesting too, and I think it could have been a real-world practice, much like chess can be used too but chess only after a certain point in the child's growth.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back