Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hatha Yoga

Reed

I do Hatha Yoga everyday, but during this process i feel so much heat. I get to sweat. In some positions, I also tremble (maybe because I have to adapt to these positions?). My heart also beats faster sometimes. I wonder why.. Maybe I'm not serene for now?

"Only go as far as you can and never strain. YOGA IS *NOT* ATHLETICS!" - written on the JoS hatha yoga webpage.

You most likely change asanas pretty quickly and you force yourself into them, this is why you feel heat and you sweat, and also your heartbeat is faster.

Try doing easier asanas first and take your time to *feel* how your body stretches and the energy buzz, and also take a few seconds rest after every asana and concentrate on the buzz you feel in your whole body.

About trebles, try to clam down and be in control of your own body. YOU are the one who moves it, not vice versa, and this "control" is built in time and with every yoga session you do. With every simple yoga session try to feel what your body needs and what is its potential and exploit it healthily, never go beyond it.

If you can't do something being relaxed and you start to treble, forcing yourself into it just don't do it for now and you will eventually get back to trying it again after some time, not a big deal.

Try to see yoga as something extremely relaxing, which calms your body and opens channels in your soul. Maybe see it as a form of art? However you want to but just know that it is not stretching, and it's never forced, pushed or rushed just so you avoid these things you say you experience.

Also make it a pleasant activity! I personally listen to classical music while I do my hatha yoga sessions, you can also burn a scented candle, or whatever you like unless it's distracting you from concentrating on the energy buzz and getting the most out of it.

Reed said:
I do Hatha Yoga everyday, but during this process i feel so much heat. I get to sweat. In some positions, I also tremble (maybe because I have to adapt to these positions?). My heart also beats faster sometimes. I wonder why.. Maybe I'm not serene for now?

Try to do a little less if it is to much for you, heat mostly means energy is being moved, which is a good sign.

In kunda yoga, if you feel heat for example in the chest this means your 5 (throad chakra) needs work to be more open.

Normaly the chakra above the heat is the resistance on which you have to work. The kunda energy will open these up on it´s own over time but the extra work makes it easier/faster.

I also get really warm after doing my yoga, could probably be that the energies are still not balanced and I would guess it has to do something with chakras but don't hold me on my words here.
I also hope that someone with more experience can answer these questions.

Thank you all! Today i felt less stressed and I did session without problem! And i didn't overforce me.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back