Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

naming your pet after a god?

Big Dipper

In the dark. With the Pearls and the Sharks.
Hi. So, I noticed everyone on earth likes to name their dog (mainly pitbulls) "zeus". Do you think this is disrespectful in some way/would they hear you say their name every time you called your pet? I know this is pet related, but this is a question on the god's opinions and not animal health, so I didn't put it in the pet thread.

"Oh hello Rex! GOOD BOY REX!
NO REX! BAD REX!"

"SIT REX! STAND REX! PLAY DEAD REX!"

Do you know what I want to tell you with this?

Big Dipper said:
Hi. So, I noticed everyone on earth likes to name their dog (mainly pitbulls) "zeus". Do you think this is disrespectful in some way/would they hear you say their name every time you called your pet? I know this is pet related, but this is a question on the god's opinions and not animal health, so I didn't put it in the pet thread.
Its not disrespectful in the slightest. It's a name. Naming your pet, or even your child any name at all, is completely fine. Maybe steer clear of the name "Satan" simply out of principle, as he is just the most central and supreme being, but other than that there is no issue with it.

People need to understand what is and what is not disrespectful to the Gods. Naming a pet a name because you like the name, is not disrespectful. Naming a pet a name because you pettily want to imagine a God with that name is your pet, is disrespectful (and pretty insane). Naming your child the name of a God because you want that child to be this way, is bad for different reasons (you should let the child choose their own path), but the act itself is not disrespectful to that God.
And lastly, naming yourself after a God on this forum, for any reason, is disrespectful. That is simply because this forum is centered around Satanism and the Gods, and you're not in any position to "claim" their name in that context.

To summarize, it depends heavily on both the context of the situation and your intentions in doing it. Or to put it in other words, dont animalically start foaming out of your mouth because some people name their dog "zeus".

Other people may name their Dogs after Gods, the difference is, they are OUR GODS, we have ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEM and INTERACT WITH THEM.

So it is okay to name a dog after God? But it is not okay to use a username on here with a God‘s name? Logic?

We all associate the God‘s name automatically with the God.

You say to not name ur pet after Satan‘s name, but others are okay.. ALL GODS ARE WAY BEYOND US

honest question, would you have the balls, to ask a God if it is okay to name your dog after him? So you use the same name to refer to your dog and the God..?

There is an infinite amount of cool and beautiful names out there, just out of respect don’t use the names of our Gods, only use THEIR names to refer to THEM - OUR GODS. If it is the case for Satan, why shouldn’t it be the case for ALL Gods?

Shael said:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back