Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hymn for Anubis

SaqqaraNox

As the title suggests, this composition is for the great Anubis.

English is not my language, so if you should have any suggestions on the use of more appropriate terms or that render the meaning better in English, I welcome them :)

Black triumph
O King of the Underworld
Acclaimed by the Nile
Who to Thee intones his Hymn

Jackal of the Sands
Thou art guide and protector of Souls
Beyond the Red Sand Dunes
Through the Night

Twilight of Life
Over the Beyond Your Power extends
Where Your Faithful Souls
Are cradled in Thy Cloak of Shadow

Thy Proud Gaze
Shining with Power
Cuts through Eternal Night
To welcome the Immortal Dawn

Like the Pyramid Sempiternal,
Everlasting Sunset is Thy Name,
Anubis!

That's excellent. I liked it a lot. As an English speaker I wouldn't change the words. I found it all the more easier to read knowing you were not native in speaking English, and this was because I reflexively lowered my expectations on language use and instead focused on the feelings the words conveyed rather than the strict meaning an English speaker might use.

My favourite is the second last stanza. It just sounds strong when you read it - does that make sense?

This could easily become a song.

Thank you very much to everyone. Your words make me so happy.

I had not thought that it could become the lyrics of a song. It's a nice idea, I love music so much that I almost can't live without :lol: , only unfortunately I don't have the skills and expertise to completely create a song from zero.

In any case if one day someone wants to use this composition to put it into a song, they can:)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back