Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

JoS Tube - HP Cobra Videos Translation Thread

Sabazios

Hello brothers and sisters.

I am posting this since I have already started translating some videos, so I hope someone can also verify and correct where I made mistakes, in case I did, as well as making it easier for others to translate in their respective languages.

This is the link with the files:
https://mega.nz/folder/NdxgyZxa#Sreqz4QUnA4X5aVK6rBQGg

I also uploaded the videos with the subtitles I made untill now in that folder, since when I started I also translated some videos from the mega link shared by Ol
https://mega.nz/folder/TMMzxYIT#2RHnCQWzXdpqVtjNvSow0w

So, to say something more, I used Aegisub, since I use a linux os, the program is easy to use, and also the subtitle format accepts different colors and some effects (I do not have deep knowledge about this program, but up to now I am satisfied with it).

Right now I have 15 subtitles done, and a few more to come within the next few days.
To those who want to translate them, I would suggest to use the same program, but it s up to you.

Sabazios said:
Right now I have 15 subtitles done, and a few more to come within the next few days.
To those who want to translate them, I would suggest to use the same program, but it s up to you.
That's a good idea, so HP Cobra's videos will have subtitles in multiple languages, which can be then added to the videos on his channel and eventually his videos can be used for activism in other countries.
So you translated them from English to Romanian? I had a look at a few substitles and the translation is generally alright, although some corrections can be done here and there. Also I noticed some of the translations don't have diacritics (ă, î, ș, ț, â). Is Romanian your first language or you decided to translate them in Romanian as a `sample` or to see how they look in the video?

But for the subtitles to be translated in other languages, is best if you can upload the English subtitles because it is way easier for everybody to translate from English into their language. If you upload them we can think of a `system` or something to make it easier for people to take the English subtitles and upload the translated versions in their language.

The Alchemist7 said:
Sabazios said:
That's a good idea, so HP Cobra's videos will have subtitles in multiple languages, which can be then added to the videos on his channel and eventually his videos can be used for activism in other countries.
So you translated them from English to Romanian? I had a look at a few substitles and the translation is generally alright, although some corrections can be done here and there. Also I noticed some of the translations don't have diacritics (ă, î, ș, ț, â). Is Romanian your first language or you decided to translate them in Romanian as a `sample` or to see how they look in the video?

But for the subtitles to be translated in other languages, is best if you can upload the English subtitles because it is way easier for everybody to translate from English into their language. If you upload them we can think of a `system` or something to make it easier for people to take the English subtitles and upload the translated versions in their language.
My main language is indeed Romanian. About diacritics, first reason I didn't use them since beginning since I honestly didn't know how to change the keyboard's settings on kali linux, as for the second reason, since I used to download subtitles for movies before, I was unsure of how the file format should be, a lot of subtitles that had diacritics, after putting them on the video player, instead of ț it would ve been something like þ or the russian f. Afterwards I found out how to use the diacritics and it seems the .ass format accepts them so I will go through them again and put them.

As for the second one, I will translate them back in english(hope it's alright if I translate back from the text instead of the video? Since I'd rather not remake the subtitles from scratch, because there are some videos in which I can not identify a few words, either because of the one talking misproununcing them, or my own relatively small vocabulary that makes me unable to understand said word, there are also some with background music which makes it hard to understand some words( like the one I m translating right "Why you fear Satan", in which ,the first few minutes talks about Ivan Pavlov and his experiment with saliva ),so I tried to translate within the given context, but if you think it would be better to make them from scratch I will do it.)

I will be waiting for your reply and proceed to make the subtitles in english, in the way you say would be okay.

Sabazios said:
I will be waiting for your reply and proceed to make the subtitles in english, in the way you say would be okay.
Mine is Romanian too but I think is better if we speak in English in this thread so people joining can understand what we will be talking about. I think you need to download the keyboard package for Romanian, you would have somewhere in the settings `Keyboard` and then `layout` or something similar and from there you would be able to download or install the Romanian keyboard. For grammar purposed it would be ideal if diacritics would be added but if they are not shown properly in the videos then we will have to replace them with the normal letters. I worth trying first to apply a subtitle with diacritics into a video and see how they look like.

As for English indeed if they are going to be translated into other languages then they should be in English as it will be straightforward for others to translate them. Even online translators most likely are translating way better from English into a given language than from Romanian into that language. You don't have to translate the subtitles though, you can listen the videos and write down the text. If there are words that you won't understand you can post the link and the minute and second here and eventually more members can listen to it if we won't figure it out.

The Alchemist7 said:
Sabazios said:
Mine is Romanian too but I think is better if we speak in English in this thread so people joining can understand what we will be talking about. I think you need to download the keyboard package for Romanian, you would have somewhere in the settings `Keyboard` and then `layout` or something similar and from there you would be able to download or install the Romanian keyboard. For grammar purposed it would be ideal if diacritics would be added but if they are not shown properly in the videos then we will have to replace them with the normal letters. I worth trying first to apply a subtitle with diacritics into a video and see how they look like.

As for English indeed if they are going to be translated into other languages then they should be in English as it will be straightforward for others to translate them. Even online translators most likely are translating way better from English into a given language than from Romanian into that language. You don't have to translate the subtitles though, you can listen the videos and write down the text. If there are words that you won't understand you can post the link and the minute and second here and eventually more members can listen to it if we won't figure it out.
I agree, speaking in english is indeed better here.

For the romanian keyboard, I figured it out, it was just a search away. I started using diacritics as well, and will go through the subtitles already made and change the letters where it s needed. To be honest, I didn't really find any problems without using them, since I've got used to chat without the diacritics because it was a pain to use them on the phone, but I agree that the grammar is important.

As I said in the previous reply, I found that the diacritics work okay with the format from aegisub on the video player. But changing the format to srt (from the one in which it's made by the program) makes a lot of functions to not work, such as different colors I had used showing as white.

I started remaking a subtitle in english( besides the one already made and shared, "christian intelligence , furby the antichrist"), the one I'm remaking right now is from that 15mins video with the multiculti woman, can't remember the title tho. What I want to say here is, even though the time is almost halved just translating back from the text already done and writing what I see or hear and understand in the video (without setting the time, changing colors or font) it's not really a big difference. I'm about 60% finished with this one.

To be honest your idea is alright, but it is still pretty hard,(listening and writing) since I have to replay the sequences a few times instead of simply translating from x lang. to y lang.

And you are completely right with the fact that it would be easier for everyone to translate from text( as I said above it's kinda hard to listen and write(and translate before writing in case others do as I did)). Initially I didn't think I should do it like this since everyone who translates speaks english, and so the timings would have been enough, and the translation would've gone from speech to text or something :? :?
After I finish making the english subs for the videos I already have, I'll start making subtitles for the rest, though it might take some time untill I finish 17 subtitles :?

Sabazios said:
And you are completely right with the fact that it would be easier for everyone to translate from text( as I said above it's kinda hard to listen and write(and translate before writing in case others do as I did)).
Yes sure you can do this if is easier. If you translated correctly from the video to Romanian then same you would translate correctly from Romanian back to English, hopefully the text won't differ too much from the actual videos. I might also be able to give you a hand from next week on, first I need to get some other things done.

The Alchemist7 said:
Sabazios said:
And you are completely right with the fact that it would be easier for everyone to translate from text( as I said above it's kinda hard to listen and write(and translate before writing in case others do as I did)).
Yes sure you can do this if is easier. If you translated correctly from the video to Romanian then same you would translate correctly from Romanian back to English, hopefully the text won't differ too much from the actual videos. I might also be able to give you a hand from next week on, first I need to get some other things done.
I'm really thankfull for this, since after I start the course I'm planning to take ,I might not have as much free time as I do now. So I plan to speed up a bit before it starts.

I'll make sure to verify the english subtitle to not be off the context after finishing them.

Thank you again.

The Alchemist7 said:
When you have free time, please check out the subtitles that are in folders.

There are 13 folders up to now(in which 11 have both the romanian and english subtitle), and I`m working on 2 more videos for the time being.

I made sure to use diacritics as well, and hopefully I didn`t miss any. But checking won`t hurt :p

There are 2 videos which I didn`t translate in romanian yet, ("Synagogue of "Satan" and "Satanic Jews" - Myth Debunked" and "Spiritual War From Another Galaxy - AN EXCLUSIVE JOY OF SATAN BANNED DOCUMENTARY"), which I`ll translate after finishing all the english subtitles.

Thank you in advance :)

Sabazios said:
The Alchemist7 said:

There are 13 folders up to now(in which 11 have both the romanian and english subtitle), and I`m working on 2 more videos for the time being.

I made sure to use diacritics as well, and hopefully I didn`t miss any. But checking won`t hurt :p

There are 2 videos which I didn`t translate in romanian yet, ("Synagogue of "Satan" and "Satanic Jews" - Myth Debunked" and "Spiritual War From Another Galaxy - AN EXCLUSIVE JOY OF SATAN BANNED DOCUMENTARY"), which I`ll translate after finishing all the english subtitles.

I have downloaded them. I will be checking them as soon as time will allow

The Alchemist7 said:
Sabazios said:
The Alchemist7 said:

I have downloaded them. I will be checking them as soon as time will allow
Thank you.

Also, afterwards if you have any advice to make the subtitles look better, or if something is wrong with colors, font, size, etc. please do tell.

I will most likely upload a few more subtitles this week(took a break for a few days due to a cold, the ritual schedule, and the little free time I had on my hands, so I didn't translate much for the past few days...)

The Alchemist7 said:

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

There is a problem with a video
vLw7sal.png

https://odysee.com/@Commander.Cobra.666:5/Pagan_Sacrifices_Hoax:4
At around 23:00 it shows that error, at first I thought the error was due to the download, but then I looked it up on the channel, and from min. 23 it shows the error in the picture above. The error is there for some 5-6 minutes, it`s until minute 28:40

Also, I forgot to say for the english subtitles.

If you find any |(?) or "?"| it`s because I either couldn't understand what it was said, or I was unsure if I wrote it right. I put the question mark because I was thinking to tell others to check those words I couldn't understand properly, but I forgot to mention it :?

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Sabazios said:

At around 23:00 it shows that error, at first I thought the error was due to the download, but then I looked it up on the channel, and from min. 23 it shows the error in the picture above. The error is there for some 5-6 minutes, it`s until minute 28:40
I have the same issue. Probably when it was uploaded it was disrupted in that interval or something similar. I think the best is to be reuploaded to be honest.

I saw in most subtitles the construct `\N` inside the text all over the subtitles. Does it mean something or it might be from compatibility differences?

The Alchemist7 said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Sabazios said:

I have the same issue. Probably when it was uploaded it was disrupted in that interval or something similar. I think the best is to be reuploaded to be honest.

I saw in most subtitles the construct `\N` inside the text all over the subtitles. Does it mean something or it might be from compatibility differences?
I agree with the reupload of the video.

The `\N` is due to the subtitle app i use, when pressing shift+enter to add another row it just appears like that( it doesn't appear when loading a subtitle in a video player, so I thought it was normal?). I did not add it manually(I mean, practically I did, but I didn't write that "\N"). Without using it the phrase would just keep expanding. :?

Sabazios said:
The `\N` is due to the subtitle app i use, when pressing shift+enter to add another row it just appears like that( it doesn't appear when loading a subtitle in a video player, so I thought it was normal?). I did not add it manually(I mean, practically I did, but I didn't write that "\N"). Without using it the phrase would just keep expanding. :?
That's good because I have been deleting `\N` from the subtitles I was reading. I will keep doing that.

The Alchemist7 said:
Sabazios said:
That's good because I have been deleting `\N` from the subtitles I was reading. I will keep doing that.
I'll stop using it from now... sorry for giving you more work :|

Sabazios said:
I'll stop using it from now... sorry for giving you more work :|
Don't worry it only takes couple minutes per subtitle to delete them. Keep doing how you have been, is not a big issue at all. I simply use the search function and is highlithing `\N` so I go straight on them and delete them, is only a few per subtitle.

Due to Mega not letting me upload anymore, I will upload the files whenever I finish one and drop the links here. For this video here is the link. https://ufile.io/f/er3fv

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back