Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Slovak Translation Thread

Slovak is not an Ex-Yugoslavian language, no need to worry here.
I saw someone post a text file of the main page, I have downloaded it.
Should I just start right away, or how will this proceed?

Should I be sending you parts of it as it gets done, so it does not get lost?

Sorry for the questions, but I am still not quite sure.

Bipolar Bear said:
Slovak is not an Ex-Yugoslavian language, no need to worry here.
I saw someone post a text file of the main page, I have downloaded it.
Should I just start right away, or how will this proceed?

Should I be sending you parts of it as it gets done, so it does not get lost?

Sorry for the questions, but I am still not quite sure.
I posted a thread about how everybody wants to help (everybody who is available). I will create a table with everybody in their chosen categories after they have answered so they can be then allocated depending on their languages and preferences.

As HP Hooded Cobra wrote in the forum rules, material is advised to be sent over here on the forums so you can post in this thread your translated materials.

And yes you can upload any translated material straight away if you are worried over their safety. Personally I keep all JoS data over external drives (USB pendrives/sticks) that have no connection with the internet so they cannot be hacked. Me if I was to post a translation I would post the whole website when I have finished (that's what I used to do). Now of course the choice is all yours.

Bipolar Bear said:
Hello. Given you are the only Slovak translation, I might be able to help you with translations from English to Slovak using DeepL, although grammar errors will need to be eliminated. Let me know if you need any help.

Greetings brothers and sisters of Satan,
I would like to help with the Slovak translation. I already mailed HP HoodedCobra666 but with 0 posts it probably wasn't the best course of action. Anyways, please contact me at [email protected] with further instructions.
Thanks

ThePeacock13 said:
I would like to help with the Slovak translation. I already mailed HP HoodedCobra666 but with 0 posts it probably wasn't the best course of action. Anyways, please contact me at [email protected] with further instructions.
Thanks
Hello. HP Cobra hasn't been active on the email in the last couple days, he is most likely too busy with other urgent duties. I will also email him about Slovakian as soon as he will be available.

Hello. I saw you are still active on the forum. Are you still into translating? If there are translators there will be a domain for Slovakian JoS

Hi. There probably doesn't need to be a domain set up immediately. As our languages are so similar I would propose merging with Czech JoS. I will translate the landing page and other crucial sections ASAP. The rest should, in my opinon, be coordinated with Czech JoS and split so as to avoid duplication of effort. Eventually when a page is available in both languages there could be a flag selector on top.

Hello, yes, I am still available to do the translations, I just felt a bit overwhelmed by the fact that I would have to do it all on my own.

Now I see there is a fellow countryman applying for the job as well, which would make it a lot easier. Regarding the process of doing it, I believe we should start bit by bit, because it really is a lot.

I presume that we should start with the JoS main site? To make the process a little smoother, I saw that the Czech version was already done in parts by one Czech brother of ours, called rereg13, if I recall correctly.

Therefore, we could just take his Czech version and tune it into Slovak. The languages are really similar, most Slovaks would understand all of the content in Czech just as well, but we are perfectionists here, right?

About the technical stuff, like the servers and all that, you would take care of that, right? We will just send you the translated files and that's it? I don't know much about that.

That's about it from my side, but the help of ThePeacock13 would be appreciated.

Hail Satan!

Bipolar Bear said:
Hello, yes, I am still available to do the translations, I just felt a bit overwhelmed by the fact that I would have to do it all on my own.

Now I see there is a fellow countryman applying for the job as well, which would make it a lot easier. Regarding the process of doing it, I believe we should start bit by bit, because it really is a lot.

I presume that we should start with the JoS main site? To make the process a little smoother, I saw that the Czech version was already done in parts by one Czech brother of ours, called rereg13, if I recall correctly.

Therefore, we could just take his Czech version and tune it into Slovak. The languages are really similar, most Slovaks would understand all of the content in Czech just as well, but we are perfectionists here, right?

About the technical stuff, like the servers and all that, you would take care of that, right? We will just send you the translated files and that's it? I don't know much about that.

That's about it from my side, but the help of ThePeacock13 would be appreciated.

Hail Satan!
If Czech and Slovak are so similar that you can understand each other without a problem, you could have a website together, this would also make the project go a lot faster. This is what we have done with the Serbo-Croatian website, we have very similar languages and have the website together.

ThePeacock13 said:
Thanks

Bipolar Bear said:

Hail Satan!

You could have done bit by bit like you said. Since last year the whole website would have been translated. But since Czech and Slovak are so similar probably it won't take long to adapt. As for the website, normally you two would do it with the software provided but is very easy to use, is like an online word. However if none of you want then I can do it if you do the translations. This should be discussed with HP Cobra and Soaring Eagle first and foremost. Bipolar Bear I will open a mail discussion with us 3 and HP Cobra and Soaring Eangle if you can leave your email here. ThePeacock13 posted his already

ThePeacock13 by the way are you a dedicated Satanist? You just registered so this is important to know.

I am by all means a dedicated Satanist. I've been an avid enjoyer of the forums since the prophpbb days, however I've never felt the need to create an account. Also, I am not aware of the software you are talking about, however, I know HTML, CSS and some JS so I can hopefully offer my help on that front as well.

The Alchemist7 said:
Hail the Antichrist said:
Hi. I am willing to help with translation. Should I just contact any of the emails posted here?
Hello. Yes email me at [email protected] and I will introduce you to the discussion
I have sent you an email few days ago but I still have received no response. I also checked spam folder. Should I send another? Also I intentionaly do not write my email adress here, so if you want to be sure that email is by me search for an email from august 1st with subject "Preklad". I hope this will not stagnate.

Hail the Antichrist said:
I have sent you an email few days ago but I still have received no response. I also checked spam folder. Should I send another? Also I intentionaly do not write my email adress here, so if you want to be sure that email is by me search for an email from august 1st with subject "Preklad". I hope this will not stagnate.
Hello. I did receive it but I ignored it because I didn't know who send it and also it wasn't even in English, just one single line probably in Slovak. Anyway I will introduce you to the email discussion on the Slovak translations.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back