Dutch Translation Thread

This is a forum exclusively for translators and organizing the translation projects of the Joy of Satan Material.

Help each other in co-ordination, advice and support.
Forum rules
1. Be aware that some people that may want to do these things, could be potentially infiltrators. One should avoid meetups, retain one's anonymity, and be careful.

2. Disputes on translations, so long translations are great, and while they don't constitute a viable danger for the meaning, should be fine.

3. Tips for organization will be given by those in charge of each respective language, or co-ordinators.

4. It's best all translations are sent on the JoS, for uploading, safeguarding the sites, and making sure the work remains permanently alive. If possible, sites should be mirrored in more than one instances.

5. For those who want to seriously focus on this, the JoS will handle all things related to airing a website, or making a website so that everyone remains fine and safe [since many countries prohibit the content].

6. Everyone must also remember, translations are a very important work for the Gods, and seek their assistance to stay on the path. Many great and caring members have started as translators.

7. HAIL SATAN!!!
HP. Hoodedcobra666

Dutch Translation Thread

Post by HP. Hoodedcobra666 »

This is a thread for Dutch Translations of JoS Material.
Meteor

Re: Dutch Translation Thread

Post by Meteor »

Dutch is my first language so I can help here if needed.
The Alchemist7

Post by The Alchemist7 »

Meteor wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:39 pm
Yes I will open two threads today

I will quote the other member who offered to help on Dutch JoS
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:19 am
German, Dutch (?)
I've put question marsk because I was not sure if these are the right languages
Shadowcat wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Dutch
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Hey just found this! If anyone wants me to proofread translations let me know. Dutch is my second language
Rat problem? Call today! +88-666-DEDRAT
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm
Meteor wrote:

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
German, Dutch (?)
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
Just a heads up i will be in the shop monday through friday 8am through 5 pm southern US time. In the evenings, and saturday and sunday are good work times for me. If anything has a particular deadline or due date please let me know and ill organize accordingly
Lunar Dance 666

Post by Lunar Dance 666 »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Meteor wrote:

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
German, Dutch (?)
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
My native language is dutch. I can read and understand german but I will most likely make many mistakes.

I was suggesting to take the translated text from the german section, throw that through the translator, then put the original next to it and see where it needs a change of wording.
At least you wouldnt have the complete mess of having a totally different sentence structure to figure out that way.

Google translate is horrendous when it comes to translating entire texts from english to dutch. Its beyond some slight spelling and/or grammar errors.
The human senses are the foundation of medicinal knowledge and they are trained by exposure to life in all its forms."The education that gives the best results, and makes the successful practitioner, is of the senses, and of the brain to recieve impressions, and make deductions."
Yet, this is ignored in medical education:"Men live a lifetime, and know nothing of the manifestations of life. Students become conversant with books, attend their lectures, pass their examinations, and yet have no practical knowledge of human life. And physicians will practice medicine a lifetime, and yet fail to know what healthy life is."
-Dr.John M. Scudder
The Alchemist7

Post by The Alchemist7 »

Shadowcat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 am
Just a heads up i will be in the shop monday through friday 8am through 5 pm southern US time. In the evenings, and saturday and sunday are good work times for me. If anything has a particular deadline or due date please let me know and ill organize accordingly
There will be no deadlines as most people have limited time (me included), but if someone is stuck in a certain point and do not have any time anymore, it would be indicated that they post what they translated so someone else can carry on.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm
Shadowcat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 am
There will be no deadlines as most people have limited time (me included), but if someone is stuck in a certain point and do not have any time anymore, it would be indicated that they post what they translated so someone else can carry on.
ok no prob
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Meteor wrote:

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
German, Dutch (?)
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
I translated the whole first page of kabbalahexposed. I mailed Meteor to see if we could divide up both translation and proofreading and proofread each other. And start with this site first. If we go ahead and work together we can update on what gets done. If lunardance wants to join too that would be awesome, if she has time. I think a native English speaker translating along with someone who's native Dutch doing the same could both have complementary insights on grammar and sentence structure.

This would lighten your workload as from what I understood, you are using something to help you translate for what you can for most of the languages as well and wanting them checked after. If we work on translation from our parts (this goes for the other languages too tbh)
And dictate and divide who proofreads or translates what it will divide the workload with us all knowing what to work on specifically.

And when you do have something from your end translated to have anyone proofread we can start on that when you are ready.

Please tell us for those who are going to translate or proofread anything where you would like it sent. Shall we post it here? I know some members have already with some translations but I figured it would be handy to have everything in a respective file for when all the translations are put up on the sites live finally so we know where everything goes.
Lunar Dance 666

Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
Ill send and email to you both.
The human senses are the foundation of medicinal knowledge and they are trained by exposure to life in all its forms."The education that gives the best results, and makes the successful practitioner, is of the senses, and of the brain to recieve impressions, and make deductions."
Yet, this is ignored in medical education:"Men live a lifetime, and know nothing of the manifestations of life. Students become conversant with books, attend their lectures, pass their examinations, and yet have no practical knowledge of human life. And physicians will practice medicine a lifetime, and yet fail to know what healthy life is."
-Dr.John M. Scudder
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Meteor wrote:
I sent you an email. Shall we work together?
Meteor

Post by Meteor »

Shadowcat wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Meteor wrote:
Sure! I sent you an email back. I can't connect to kabbalahexposed.com at the moment though, is there a mirror site I could use instead? I'll keep trying though, maybe it'll be back up later.

Feel free to send me what you've translated so far and I'll check it for you. We should also try to make a planning and divide the pages between each of us, to lessen the workload for each person and so that we don't accidentally both translate the same page.
Depending on how long the pages are I don't mind manually translating a page every day.
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:19 am
Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
Not to seem impatient, but I've not received one from you at the time of writing this. Just so you know in case anything went wrong!
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
ok sounds good
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Meteor wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Shadowcat wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Meteor wrote:
Sure! I sent you an email back. I can't connect to kabbalahexposed.com at the moment though, is there a mirror site I could use instead? I'll keep trying though, maybe it'll be back up later.

Feel free to send me what you've translated so far and I'll check it for you. We should also try to make a planning and divide the pages between each of us, to lessen the workload for each person and so that we don't accidentally both translate the same page.
Depending on how long the pages are I don't mind manually translating a page every day.
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
Not to seem impatient, but I've not received one from you at the time of writing this. Just so you know in case anything went wrong!
Yes indeed, i uploaded files of kabbalahexposed here in the translation forums for all of us to make use of untill everything is back online. alchemist has also said he will get back with everyone in terms of specifics
Lunar Dance 666

Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
Email has been send.
-Dr.John M. Scudder
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Meteor wrote:

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
German, Dutch (?)
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
UPDATE: i have manually translated about 3 pages manually that i am awaiting proofreading for. I checked the site you gave for the copy/paste translation and i read some translations in Dutch. they look very good and accurate! i have translated 7 pages today using this. I will see what the other native speakers think of these before we consider them complete. We are collecting everything in mega. I think especially if it looks like to everyone this translation thing you gave us works really well that we will be able to do the whole kabbalahexposed site before then moving onto others. Proofreading will take time however. I think if everything checks out with this between the 3 of us, we can start mass translating everything for JOS into dutch with this before proofreading carefully and submitting.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Dutch
I sent y'all both an email with the whole site translated using the program Alchemist7 gave us. Everything is in the megalink. Let me know what you think of the translations versus the manual ones i did. if the program did a good job with these we can do the other sites this way as well. :)
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Meteor wrote:
I translated most of blacksun666 and all of kabbalaexposed. the last site i sent in an email to you both in a mega link. i am not sure how far you are but could you proof read one page for me that i used the program to translate with? i want to see how good it is. I also want to proofread one and then have you look at it to see how my proofreading is. if its up to par we can split the work on that as well.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Ik heb trouwens deze net gevonden: https://www.satanisgod.org/dawn666black ... ds666.html
Het moet ook nagelezen worden maar ik geloof ook niet dat de hele bibliotheek erop staat.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Lunardance will be starting with proofreading next week, and i will resume translations tomarrow after online classes this week. blacksun666 is pretty much all done but the sublinks within are redundant some of them and others are not in the main list but imbedded in the main articles. I will try to colorcode the links and label them, situating things in order so they are not lost. some links i will not repeat. as they are in multiple places.
Lunar Dance 666

Shadowcat wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:25 am
Ik heb trouwens deze net gevonden: https://www.satanisgod.org/dawn666black ... ds666.html
Het moet ook nagelezen worden maar ik geloof ook niet dat de hele bibliotheek erop staat.
De bibliotheek is heel erg groot. Daar kunnen we misschien aan beginnen als we de websites af hebben.
-Dr.John M. Scudder
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:57 am
Shadowcat wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:25 am
De bibliotheek is heel erg groot. Daar kunnen we misschien aan beginnen als we de websites af hebben.
Ja goed idee
The Alchemist7

Post by The Alchemist7 »

Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:34 pm
UPDATE
Lunar Dance 666 wrote: Email has been send.
Hello. I found Exposing Christianity in Dutch in the JoS Library
https://web.archive.org/web/20160619225 ... CH_100.pdf
Can somebody please have a quick look and say if the translation is complete and in a good quality? It seems to have been translated with automated software since same file exist in multiple languages in the Library.
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

The Alchemist7 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:11 pm
Meteor wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:34 pm
UPDATE
Lunar Dance 666 wrote: Email has been send.
Hello. I found Exposing Christianity in Dutch in the JoS Library
https://web.archive.org/web/20160619225 ... CH_100.pdf
Can somebody please have a quick look and say if the translation is complete and in a good quality? It seems to have been translated with automated software since same file exist in multiple languages in the Library.
Yes i found this as well and posted it here. We discussed it and since the library is pretty big we will be doing it after all the sites including going over whats posted here