Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hecate

At first glance, I wouldn't have thought or liked that Haures would be another name or face of Hekate, or vice versa, but I see their common associations and abilities.

I've been honoring the lioness image of Hekate Leaina and I often think of Sekhmet. Haures is depicted as a fierce jaguar.

Hekate is an underworld sun goddess and guardian of the gates. The powers that be made her a crone and triple goddess and gave that version to wiccans and the neopagans.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255852651_Hecate_An_Anatolian_Sun-Goddess_of_the_Underworld

I like how I can see three tridents in Haures' sigil which remind me of Hekate and while researching more I started to research Melek Taus again. I can see the outline of a peacock in Haures' sigil too and this blogpost about Melek Taus featured the alchemical symbol of Antimony, which looks like a trident and brought me back here full circle.

http://morrigandunn.blogspot.com/2010/04/melek-taus-peacock-god-of-yazid.html?m=1

The Yezidi worship the Sun as a symbol of the universal god. Melek Taus is Lucifer, his vehicle in this plane, and to me Hekate is the feminine counterpart with the same powers over Earth, Sea, and Sky, and represents the Sun down below in the planet's core.

Hekate's symbolism has something to do with the Yew tree and the rune Eihwaz.

Stormblood said:
In my opinion, the goddess behind Hecate is Lilith. Hecate is an allegory to represent many concepts. It's one of those trine deities, so one of those concepts surely has to deal with ida/pingala/sushumna and the three parts of the human mind.

Haures is female. Check it out on the website

Old threads and posts, is Lamia lilith also, looks as if all could be tied in.

EnkiUK55 said:
Stormblood said:
In my opinion, the goddess behind Hecate is Lilith. Hecate is an allegory to represent many concepts. It's one of those trine deities, so one of those concepts surely has to deal with ida/pingala/sushumna and the three parts of the human mind.

Haures is female. Check it out on the website

Old threads and posts, is Lamia lilith also, looks as if all could be tied in.
I'm bookmarking this, and I will try to write something soon about what I understand their roles and allegories are. By 'their' I mean Lamia and Hecate.

Here is a casted sculpture depicting what appears to be Anubis next to Hecate in her Torch-bearing triple goddess form.

https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog/ss:1975897

Her connection to the underworld, the moon, dogs, transformation, crossroads, nighttime and phosphorous is quite clear.

My last post about Hecate was removed so I guess I have to watch my step here when I talk about Her as clearly not everyone agrees with who and what I know Her to be. :eek:

No I am not "Wiccan" nor was I ever.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back