Mabon

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 1099
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Mabon

Postby Lydia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 am

Fall Equinox, September 22. Sun enters Libra. (This will be Ostara, Spring Equinox, for those in the southern hemisphere.) Check planetwatcher.com and scroll through the hours to find out exactly what time it will occur in you location (planetwatcher uses your computer time).

This is the original Pagan festival of Thanksgiving, the second of the three harvest festivals. This is a good time to begin things.

This day is the balance between light and dark, as the day and night are equal length. Traditionally, this is the day of the great hunt. Symbols of Mabon include apples, acorns, the stag, scarecrows, baskets (gathering of crops), sickles and scythes.

Traditional foods for this festival include apples, squash and other earthy vegetables, cranberries and pomegranates, seeds and nuts, any wild meat such as venison, stews, mushrooms. Really hearty, earthy foods. This is meant to be a true feast, acknowledging the bounty of the Earth and preparing for winter.

This was also the day that honored all Gods and Goddesses of the Hunt.
Astrology | Obliterate Saturn | 2020 Calendar for SS!

Experience is greater than theory
Wisdom is greater than opinion

HP Mageson666
Posts: 2431

Re: Mabon

Postby HP Mageson666 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:03 pm

This is a day of celebration of Slothz'in....

Image

HP Mageson666
Posts: 2431

Re: Mabon

Postby HP Mageson666 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 pm

What is your opinion on this.....

I read the ancient Europeans considered Lammas the start of Autumn. And Halloween the start of winter and May the first the start of summer.

Manofsatan
Posts: 38

Re: Mabon

Postby Manofsatan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Lydia wrote:Fall Equinox, September 22. Sun enters Libra. (This will be Ostara, Spring Equinox, for those in the southern hemisphere.) Check planetwatcher.com and scroll through the hours to find out exactly what time it will occur in you location (planetwatcher uses your computer time).

This is the original Pagan festival of Thanksgiving, the second of the three harvest festivals. This is a good time to begin things.

This day is the balance between light and dark, as the day and night are equal length. Traditionally, this is the day of the great hunt. Symbols of Mabon include apples, acorns, the stag, scarecrows, baskets (gathering of crops), sickles and scythes.

Traditional foods for this festival include apples, squash and other earthy vegetables, cranberries and pomegranates, seeds and nuts, any wild meat such as venison, stews, mushrooms. Really hearty, earthy foods. This is meant to be a true feast, acknowledging the bounty of the Earth and preparing for winter.

This was also the day that honored all Gods and Goddesses of the Hunt.


I checked planet watcher and I dnt understand what's there. Blue lines, red lines. What do they mean.

Helix
Posts: 27
Location: In my mind
Contact:

Re: Mabon

Postby Helix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 am

Sweet! I've ate plenty of apples today XD But besides that, I guess this calls for some RTRs. ^^ Have a great holiday everyone!
"Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come
To burn your kingdom down~"

Hail Satan! Hail Andras! Hail Asmodeus!


Image

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 1099
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: Mabon

Postby Lydia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 am

@HP Mageson, it all depends on the seasons. That does make sense, as November is a wintery month, and so on with the other months and seasons.

@ManofSatan - ignore the lines, just look at the Sun and when it enters Libra. Look online for the glyphs of the planets and signs.
Astrology | Obliterate Saturn | 2020 Calendar for SS!

Experience is greater than theory
Wisdom is greater than opinion

sip
Posts: 355
Location: 666

Re: Mabon

Postby sip » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks Lydia

User avatar
Wotanwarrior
Posts: 911

Re: Mabon

Postby Wotanwarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Happy Mabon/Autumn Equinox for all SS brothers.

I bet the German oktoberfest has to do with this directly, but now they have turned it into a drunken party that is only based on being fed up drinking beer.
Hail Father Satan!
Heil Hitler!
Hail Astarot!
Hail Beelzebub!
Hail Gomory!
Hil all the gods of duat!

User avatar
Malpirgi Zodinu
Posts: 65

Re: Mabon

Postby Malpirgi Zodinu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Happy Mabon everyone.
I had apples and a good hearty stew yesterday, before I read this post.
I also thought about it's meaning (Mabon), and it being the second of three harvest festivals (Lammas, Mabon, Samhain).
Sometimes I swear you can read my thoughts Lydia, or that at least our minds are tapping the same energy pool...
Well, we are connected racially...maybe we knew each other in a past life.
"DU BIST NICHTS OHNE DEIN VOLK UND DEINE SIPPE"
HAIL SATAN AND ALL THE MIGHTY POWERS OF HELL!!

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 1099
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: Mabon

Postby Lydia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 am

Malpirgi Zodinu wrote:Sometimes I swear you can read my thoughts Lydia, or that at least our minds are tapping the same energy pool...
Well, we are connected racially...maybe we knew each other in a past life.


Perhaps. My theory is, if we have multiple past lives, then that is many, many people we have known before. Chances of SS having past-life connections are statistically fairly high. Friends, siblings (especially from the days when people had many children), and so on.

Life as a Spiritual Satanist, is truly awesome :)
Astrology | Obliterate Saturn | 2020 Calendar for SS!

Experience is greater than theory
Wisdom is greater than opinion

User avatar
Malpirgi Zodinu
Posts: 65

Re: Mabon

Postby Malpirgi Zodinu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Lydia wrote:
Malpirgi Zodinu wrote:Sometimes I swear you can read my thoughts Lydia, or that at least our minds are tapping the same energy pool...
Well, we are connected racially...maybe we knew each other in a past life.


Perhaps. My theory is, if we have multiple past lives, then that is many, many people we have known before. Chances of SS having past-life connections are statistically fairly high. Friends, siblings (especially from the days when people had many children), and so on.

Life as a Spiritual Satanist, is truly awesome :)


Very true.
Although, I have a feeling some souls do reconnect almost every lifetime. The ones that have a strong bond. I don't mean you specifically, and sorry if I seem to be leaning on you lately...I think I'm just progressing to a point where I am starting to really feel the energies around me, those of my fellow Aryans, of the whole planet and universe. You being a strong Aryan woman does have a "pull", so to speak.

There's obviously a link between all of us here who are dedicated and significantly advanced (especially with those of our race), I think I'm just realizing how strong that link can be. My consciousness is expanding, to put it plainly.
"DU BIST NICHTS OHNE DEIN VOLK UND DEINE SIPPE"
HAIL SATAN AND ALL THE MIGHTY POWERS OF HELL!!

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 3236
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Mabon

Postby Stormblood » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 pm

I hope everyone had an healthy and productive Mabon this year! Sorry for not checking in sooner.

@Lydia, correct me if I'm wrong, but if:

• Ostara: Sun enters Aries
• Litha: Sun enters Cancer
• Mabon: Sun enters Libra
• Yule: Sun enters Capricorn

and the other 8 festivals are midway through each, shouldn't they fall:

• Beltane: Sun in Taurus 15° (instead of April 30th)?
• Lugnasadh: Sun in Leo 15° (instead of August 1st)?
• Samhain: Sun in Scorpio 15° (instead of October 31st)?
• Imbolc: Sun in Aquarius 15° (instead of February 1st) - this last was already sorted out on the JoS web page, but the others are not. http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... mbolc.html

What's your opinion on this? Anyone else's opinion is of course appreciated as well.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

User avatar
NaziMan12
Posts: 1152

Re: Mabon

Postby NaziMan12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:45 am

The days to celebrate are the days when it is officially the changing of seasons when the Sun is in 0 degrees of it's respective sign.

HP Mageson, about the ancient pagans, they may have operated on a different calendar as I see I didn't see an astronomical reason for Halloween being celebrated.
Our duty as Satanists is to never give up in the fight against the Jewish people.

Eric13
Posts: 722

Re: Mabon

Postby Eric13 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:34 pm

HP Mageson666 wrote:What is your opinion on this.....

I read the ancient Europeans considered Lammas the start of Autumn. And Halloween the start of winter and May the first the start of summer.


Interesting, but doesn't basing the seasons around the solstices and equinoxes make more sense? It's based around nature?

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 3236
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Mabon

Postby Stormblood » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Eric13 wrote:
HP Mageson666 wrote:What is your opinion on this.....

I read the ancient Europeans considered Lammas the start of Autumn. And Halloween the start of winter and May the first the start of summer.


Interesting, but doesn't basing the seasons around the solstices and equinoxes make more sense? It's based around nature?


Solstices and equinoxes are based on astrology.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... IDAYS.html

SPRING EQUINOX
March 21-23 [Sun should be 0 degrees into Aries]
This is the time for beginning major workings such as the Magnum Opus, which is begun at 3:00 am, during the hour of Satan.

AUTUMN EQUINOX
September 21-23 (Sun, 0 degrees into Libra)
The equinoxes are good times to begin things. Rituals for putting things into action.


Honestly, I think the start of seasons could vary depending on where you are in the world. Here temperatures have starting going down about a week before the equinox. Leaves haven't started getting dry yet.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

Eric13
Posts: 722

Re: Mabon

Postby Eric13 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Exactly, Stormblood, the temperature and weather changes vary by location, but the astrological power of the days is important. Literally the energy of the spring equinox, for instance, is all about projecting growth and expansion and beginnings. Thus, after the spring equinox energy hits, now spring has officially started and everything starts to grow and begin again. The opposite for the fall equinox and so on. These are the natural cycles and nature is set up that way.

HPS Shannon
Posts: 1274

Re: Mabon

Postby HPS Shannon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Stormblood wrote:I hope everyone had an healthy and productive Mabon this year! Sorry for not checking in sooner.

@Lydia, correct me if I'm wrong, but if:

• Ostara: Sun enters Aries
• Litha: Sun enters Cancer
• Mabon: Sun enters Libra
• Yule: Sun enters Capricorn

and the other 8 festivals are midway through each, shouldn't they fall:

• Beltane: Sun in Taurus 15° (instead of April 30th)?
• Lugnasadh: Sun in Leo 15° (instead of August 1st)?
• Samhain: Sun in Scorpio 15° (instead of October 31st)?
• Imbolc: Sun in Aquarius 15° (instead of February 1st) - this last was already sorted out on the JoS web page, but the others are not. http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... mbolc.html

What's your opinion on this? Anyone else's opinion is of course appreciated as well.


I know this is SUPER late in responding but you are correct in that the lesser sabbats are to be celebrated at the midpoint between each solstice and equinox so Beltane this year will be whenever the Sun goes into 15 degrees Taurus and not on April 30th/ May 1st.

They have greater power and meaning that way.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 3236
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Mabon

Postby Stormblood » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 pm

HPS Shannon wrote:
Stormblood wrote:I hope everyone had a healthy and productive Mabon this year! Sorry for not checking in sooner.

@Lydia, correct me if I'm wrong, but if:

• Ostara: Sun enters Aries
• Litha: Sun enters Cancer
• Mabon: Sun enters Libra
• Yule: Sun enters Capricorn

and the other 8 festivals are midway through each, shouldn't they fall:

• Beltane: Sun in Taurus 15° (instead of April 30th)?
• Lughnasadh: Sun in Leo 15° (instead of August 1st)?
• Samhain: Sun in Scorpio 15° (instead of October 31st)?
• Imbolc: Sun in Aquarius 15° (instead of February 1st) - this last was already sorted out on the JoS web page, but the others are not. http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpent ... mbolc.html

What's your opinion on this? Anyone else's opinion is of course appreciated as well.


I know this is SUPER late in responding but you are correct in that the lesser sabbats are to be celebrated at the midpoint between each solstice and equinox so Beltane this year will be whenever the Sun goes into 15 degrees Taurus and not on April 30th/ May 1st.

They have greater power and meaning that way.


Thank you for your answer, even if late. I was always confused as to way there were discrepancies about the claimed matches with astrology and the fixed dated. If I may, even the awesome calendar we got today gets only the solstices, equinoxes and Imbolc right. All the rest is put on"standard" days.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mercury_wisdom, Powstanie Pogańskie and 30 guests